Miscarriage??? UPDATE: Baby Found

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Miscarriage??? UPDATE: Baby Found

Postby beckyeroman » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:30 pm

I had an ectopic pregnancy 3 months ago and had one period. Then I missed two months of periods without a positive pregnancy test. (I was told I have 1 year after my ectopic before all my scar tissue that caused the first ectopic grows back... and the sooner the better...). I just knew I was pregnant during that time, but when i called my OB, they wanted to put me on a pill to start my period without examining me. I told them that I wasn't comfortable because I thought I might still be pregnant. They said to wait a week, take another hpt and if I wasn't pregnant, then take the test.

SO I waited about a week and a half, took the test and it was positive! Because I had and ectopic previously, they had me come in right away for hcg test... it was 350. I took the next test a week later and it was 8,852. So these are very good numbers for a healthy pregnancy.

But we needed an ultrasound to make sure that it wasn't ectopic. My uterus is very tilted, but the tech and both doctors that are they could only see a sack.

I have no symptoms of miscarriage except that my boobs hurt for weeks and then stopped hurting (but I've had other pregnancy symptoms that haven't stopped). I have another ultrasound in a couple days (4 days later).

My OB and my husband seem hopeful (my OB said "Maybe this one is your boy! (I have two girls)," but it is still killing me. I know that no matter what we'll just have to wait it out, but it sounds like it could be a long wait, and I am so discouraged. We went through a huge ordeal with our ectopic pregnancy because we couldn't find the baby and it felt like it dragged on forever. And then I waited for those two months of no period, and I just want someone to tell me that everything will be okay, and we'll have our baby next summer, but it doesn't sound likely... at least not for a while.

But I think it is a miracle that I didn't take the pill they wanted me to take in the first place that would have ended my baby's life! :H
beckyeroman
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby MomofBeau » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:46 pm

How far along was the sac? If it measured less than 6 weeks, often only the sac is visible and you should def have another u/s... and with a tilted uterus, even longer. Hang in there. It's not over til it's over! Praying for a hb. :H
God is good no matter what!
m/c sweet baby 04/85
dd 11/87, dd 03/89, ds 07/06
m/c sweet baby 12/07
MomofBeau
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby beckyeroman » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:34 pm

I got hcg results back Friday and they doubled like they were supposed to... they were in the 30,000's? But they still only saw the sack. They haven't said how far along the sack is and I haven't asked, but I'm going to ask today. I took another hcg level test this morning and I'm going back for an us this afternoon. If the hormone levels are good again, I'm thinking about just waiting it out instead of going in every three to four days for an us....
beckyeroman
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby beckyeroman » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:39 pm

Levels today were at 57.000... AND... I had an ultrasound where they found the yolk sac, the baby, and the heartbeat! The heartbeat was 120, so good. BUT they were very surprised because the baby only measured 6 weeks, where they expected much larger with the hcg levels... they said possibly twins??? It will probably be a while before we know for sure. Only one sac, so if it is twins, they are identical...
beckyeroman
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby MOMOF4SOONTOBE#5 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:10 am

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you.

Keep us updated. I love hearing stories with happy endings.
Jennifer mother to:
DS age 11, DD age 8,
DD age 6, DD age 4
DS Born 6/9/08
MOMOF4SOONTOBE#5
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories