D&C two weeks ago, but still 8 weeks pregnant

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

D&C two weeks ago, but still 8 weeks pregnant

Postby Amanda LO » Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:46 pm

My husband and I were trying to concieve, so when I missed my period I knew, on Feb.05 I started cramping and bleeding, I was 5 weeks pregnant so I went to the emergency room, they thought it was ectopic because there was a sac but no fetal pole, we decided to have a d&c and emergency surgery. On Feb 15 I had my check-up, when I arrived the Dr. sad she didnt find any Fetal tissue from the d&c, I told her I was still real sick so she did an u/s, well what she saw was a 7 week old baby with a strong heart beat, I am now 8 weeks and feeling a little hope. The baby is developing to the right week, the dr. said that my uterus is tilted so maybe thats how she missed the baby, but the baby is doing well, thank the lord.
Amanda LO
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:56 pm

This is just absolutely amazing. :shock: Thank you so much for sharing your story. Lovinmom posted another story about another baby that survived a D&C. Wow, just leaves me speechless. That baby of yours is truly a miracle baby...congratulations to you! :cheer:

Kay

by the way, I added your story to the misdiagnosed forum.
Kay

Postby Amanda LO » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:57 pm

I am so scared in all of this but its in Gods hands and he makes no mistakes, please pray for our maricle child
Last edited by Amanda LO on Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amanda LO
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:14 pm

You've definately got me praying. Please keep us updated.

God bless.
Kay
Kay

Postby BusyGirl775 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:38 pm

Oh my goodness, I was reading your post and I am in awe! God really took care of you and your little one! Praying you have a healthy continued pregnancy!!!

Judy :heart:
BusyGirl775
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Lovinmom » Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:32 pm

I am so happy for you. God surely has a special plan for your little one. We will certainly be praying for this precious child. Continue to keep us posted how things go. We would love to see a picture of your baby when he or she comes. Thank you for sharing your story with us. I'm sure that it will encourage many others.

Lovinmom :heart:
Lovinmom

Postby Amanda LO » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:08 pm

I will keep everyone up-to date, Thank you for all of your support, also if anyone else has a similar story I would love to hear it, I found a-lot of peace in the one story that is posted already. I was really starting to think I was the only one that this has happened to. Thank you so much :huh:
Amanda LO
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Lovinmom » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:15 pm

There was a gal at Medhelp that had this same thing happen to her. I asked her to post her story here. Was that you? If not, there is a another gal out there that had the same thing happen. Her baby was 7 wks when showed up after the D&C. I wish you well. This baby sounds like such a special one. What a miracle! Keep us posted how things go.

Lovinmom :heart:
Lovinmom

Postby Amanda LO » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:22 pm

Yeah that was me at Med-help, that is how I learned about this website, Thank you agian
Amanda LO
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:05 pm

Amanda, there was a lawsuit a few years ago by a woman who had a D&C for a blighted ovum and then several weeks later delivered a baby without limbs...a very sad case. Let me see if I can find the link...

looking...

Okay, here is a quick one, you have to scroll down for the blurb on the misdiagnosed blighted ovum. I know it made headlines so you could probably find more in depth articles about it.

http://www.contemporaryobgyn.net/obgyn/ ... ?id=132754

Truthfully I think this is happens occasionally but I tend to think that when a woman goes back, they just do another D&C for "left over fetal tissue" I tend to wonder how much of the 'fetal tissue' cases are live babies.

I look all over the web and am so saddened by all the D&C's done for blighted ovums at only 8 weeks or before. There was a huge chance those pregnancies were just fine but not much you can do about it after the fact...so sad.

Kay
Kay

Postby Kay » Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:41 pm

Amanda, I did a little searching online and found some references to this happening.

A post on a bulletin board makes reference to this:
http://www.vanpraagh.com/forum/messages.cfm?id=53346

another bulletin board story:
http://www.fertilitext.org/ubb/Forum11/HTML/005961.html

I know there are also several stories from people who survived the D&C procedure during an abortion
http://www.prolife.com/SARAH2.html

That was just after a quick search so I am sure there are a number of more stories.

Kay
Kay

Postby Amanda LO » Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:58 pm

Thank you for your links and all your help, I am so scared and I dont know what to do , my dr. moved three hours away and the new one acts like its just ok, I am not getting any anwsers on if the baby will be ok, Also what do I look up?
Amanda LO
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:44 pm

Can you see another doctor? Explain the situation. I don't blame you for being concerned. I think a second 'opinion' would be a good one in your case. I would think they'd want to do more ultrasounds to make sure all is well. :alright: You continue to be in my prayers though and this little one is definitely in my prayers!

(((((hugs)))))
Kay
Kay

Has this happened to you

Postby Patty » Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:18 pm

I went for y first ob checkup on 4/15 by the date of my lmp I would be 7 weeks 2 days. My dr did an u/s and saw the yolk sac but no fetal heartbeat.

I have had a very small amount of brownish discharge no bleeding and no cramping. He told me that by the size of the sac that would amke me 5-6 weeks preg. He than said that I should prepare myself for apossible miscarriage.
I have now morning sickness but come the afternoon I am very tired. I have 2 children and had morning sickness during those pregnancies. Could it be that Iam still pregnant?

We have been praying for this baby and are very excited.
Someone please let me kow if this happened to you. I am so glad that I found this site.
God Bless
Patty
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Mom In Waiting » Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:42 pm

Patty,
I just wanted you to know that I am praying for you during this time of uncertainty. You say your dr told you to prepare yourself for a m/c, but did he say anything about getting your hcg levels checked to see what they are doing or about having another u/s to see what's happening inside? I would strongly suggest they do some more investigating, before they write you off. From reading the other stories, and replys, I think you should insist on some more tests so that you can be sure of their diagnosis. Let us know what's happening, and in the mean time, I'l be keeping you and your family in my prayers. Blessings, Cyndi :pray:
Angel Baby #1 6/00 (10wks)
Angel Baby #2 1/01 (12wks)
Birth of Samuel Lee 7/26/02!!!!
Angel#3 "Jeremy" 11/04 (17wks)
Alicia Kathryn Born 7/6/06!!!!!
Mom In Waiting

Postby Patty » Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:03 pm

Hi Cyndi,

Thanks for your support. No he has not checked my levels but Iam scheduled n ect week for another u/s . this one is not in his office though he said that his machine is old.

Iam very suprised that he has not done a levels check. I had that with my first 2 pregnancies.

Patty
Patty
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Mom In Waiting » Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:09 pm

Patty,
I think I'd ask if you could go a few days this week to see about those levels while you await the u/s. It would give you a better picture of what is going on. Is this the same OB as your other pregnancies? If so, he should understand and send you. Keep us posted, Blessings & Prayers, Cyndi :pray:
Angel Baby #1 6/00 (10wks)
Angel Baby #2 1/01 (12wks)
Birth of Samuel Lee 7/26/02!!!!
Angel#3 "Jeremy" 11/04 (17wks)
Alicia Kathryn Born 7/6/06!!!!!
Mom In Waiting

Postby Patty » Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:20 pm

Cyndi,

No this is not the same ob i have moved since than. I did have to have a blood test last week after the appointment because I am a Rhneg blood type. He thought that I could be possibly producing antibodies. I had a shot of rhogam to stop that.

i usually dont sit back and wait. This is my third pregnancie and i am going to 38 next month and this whole thing has really freaked me out.
Patty
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories