blighted ovum misdiagnosis

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

blighted ovum misdiagnosis

Postby beckyhartlee » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:23 pm

He! I have quite a story to share! I currently have 7 children ranging in ages 14 to 15 months. All of my pregnancies have been healthy with no complications. I had my very first miscarriage in mid October which was devestating for our entire family. On November 13th, we found out I was expecting again and we were elated that we had been blessed again so quickly. Two days later, I started spotting and went in to get my HCG levels tested. They came back at 720 from Fridayand jumped to 3400 three days later on Monday! I continued to spot off and on and became concerned when some of the spotting turned from brown to red the following Saturday. I called the ob and they had me come in on Monday for another HCG test and an ultrasound. The ultrasound showed a sac, but nothing in it and I was measuring at 5 weeks and 4 days. I was calculating I was 6 weeks along. My ob discussed the fact she thought it was a blighted ovum and we needed to get another hormone reading and then either schedule a D&C or wait it out because our bodies normally take care of it naturally. I discussed not being able to wiat it out since I wsa feeling so sick and tired and had alot to take care of this month with the holidays coming up. The following Wednesday, my levels rose again, but only to 32000. They were rising more slowly than they had in the past and we decided it really sounded like a blighted ovum, but wanted one more ultrasound to confirm it. Today I went in for a repeat ultasound and the tech still could not find anything after 15 minutes of looking around. She turned to me and said, I am sorry, I still do not see anything. There has been no change from Monday. We started talking about a D&C and then she looked at me and said "You know what, I really want to take a look again. I am going to put some pressure on you". After just a few seconds, the tech said "well I see a yolk sac and that is a good sign. Well there is the fetal pole and oh my gosh, there is the heartbeat!" She turned the monitor for me to see it and there it was, a tiny heartbeat fluttering away! I am still in shock and am so thankful I opted to have another ultrasound rather than jump into having a D&C right away. I look forward to hearing more stories about this same thing. I have been reading and following stories for the last week now and I never imagined I would be one to be posting a success story and misdiagnosis here! My ob out me on progesterone supositories as a precaution to help insure the baby stays put. We are so excited!

Becky Lee in KY
Becky Lee
beckyhartlee
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Faithformiracles » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:34 pm

Wow! that so amazing! I love it!
Hearing stories like this really build my faith!
I cant wait for the moment i see our little ones heartbeat! E>

its funny how much we put into the ultrasound. enough to end a life.
just think 20 years ago however did these woman have babies :)

7 1/2 kids thats great we have 4 1/2.
my husband always wanted 10.
im not to sure about that physically but perhaps adopt.

congrates on your little miracle! Thanks so much for sharing!

blessings
faithformiracles
Faith is the substance of thing hoped for the evidence of things not YET seen!
All things are possible through Christ who strengthens you!
Faithformiracles
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:05 am

Thank you so much for sharing your story. Please keep us updated :)
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Re: blighted ovum misdiagnosis

Postby CM1981 » Thu May 09, 2013 7:01 am

Dear All,

I am so glad God lead me to this sight ....and I still have hope I will save my baby.My last LMP on 14 Feb 13 ,confrimed I was pregnant in March 30 13.ideally I should have been 11 weeks on May 4th .However I noticed some spotting on 5th May that got me scared so decided to go for a US.At the US I was told i am 6 weeks pregnant ,gestational sac and york sac noted .The radiographer informed me that I could have miscalculated my MP days .I thought that was a lie because I was trying to concieve for four Months an so I was sure about the dates and so I tried a second US same day to get a second opinion .That is when my problems started, the second radiographer reported that I was 5/4 weeks ,could see a gestational sac with no fetal pole or yolk sac in it and informed me it could be a miscalculation from my side or A BO .I went back home and cried the whole night because I could not believe God could do this to me ,I trusted him at conception ,why would he allow a miscarriage .Meanwhiel I continued spotting ,not bleeding ,with no pain at all and just brownish -red blood on the tissue whenever I went to the toilet .My doctor was not in because it was Sunday 5th May .that day I did not go to church , just stayed home and managed to google and find this sight which gave me some hope that i could still have my baby.I made an appointment and went in to meet him on Monday 6th ....He looked at the two scan results and made the announcement ...you are having a miscarriage and shared the three options with me including a D$C .My husband and I were devastated and heartbrocken but I still had hope that I could still have my baby because of all the stories I have read on this site ....The doctor did not request me to do any blood tests or anything ,when I tried to share with him what I had read and other possibiliteis ,he told me he knew what he was talking about and that I should return after two weeks with new US results to discuss way forward .It is Thursday today ...and I am still getting some spotting ...just on the tissue when I wipe after visiting the toilet .

Still believing God that My baby is still alive and that I am not spotting it out...I have no pain at all .Please keep me in prayer i have 11 days to go to make two weeks ....
CM1981
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: blighted ovum misdiagnosis

Postby Kay » Tue May 14, 2013 10:59 pm

I am so sorry. I think they are scaring you too soon. Yes, the spotting *may* be the beginning of a miscarriage but it really is too early to know for sure. (((hugs)))
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories