Misdiagnosed!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Misdiagnosed!

Postby kimmyann1147 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:36 pm

Last week an ultrasound tech told me that with the abdominal ultrasound, my gestational sac was 7 weeks 3 days, but that it was empty. He said he would give us a 5% chance that there was a baby inside, no more.

Today my OB found the baby easily with a vaginal ultrasound. It measured 7 weeks and 3 days, meaning that I was 6 weeks at my last appointment. The baby looks great, with a terrific heart rate and yolk sac.

Last week I they gave us a 5% chance, today I am Mrs. 100%!!!!

Keep the faith, misdiagnosis happens!

Kim R.
Kim R.
No fetus seen @ 7 weeks 2 days by radiologist
kimmyann1147
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby kimmyann1147 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:00 pm

Another Update, I am now 15 weeks pregnant. It has been a wild ride, but that was related to another issue, incompetent cervix. I have a cerclage placed to keep the cervix closed, and so far everything is going good. I'm really glad I found this site when I needed it, it helped me hold onto hope until we got that good ultrasound.
Kim R.
kimmyann1147
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:13 am

Kim, thank you so much for the update. Take care of yourself and that little one. Rest, rest, rest and then rest some more. Keep us updated. I am just so happy for you :)
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby kimmyann1147 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:41 pm

Just coming back to let this board know that my little "blighted ovum" is due any time! I get my cerclage out (for incompetent cervix) tomorrow. Today I saw a post on my IC support site from a woman that was told her pregnancy was a "misdiagnosed miscarriage". I hate to offer false hope, but I shared my story with her and told her to get a second US before her D&C.

Just think, if I had listened to that first Dr., my little sprout might not be gettting ready to make his grand entrance!

I'm really greatful for this site.

Kim
Kim R.
kimmyann1147
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Mystimay » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:36 pm

God Bless you Kim!! Congrats on your soon to come wonderful blessing!!! I am so happy for you!
Mysti
Mommy to two, and 10 1/2 wks preggo with a long awaited three, high risk preg. EDD Dec 26!!!

Two previous m/c's Aug 03, Jan 07
Mystimay
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:00 pm

Oh Kim, I love updates! Thank you and, please, I hope you come back and share that birth story.

You know, sometimes I look at my now five year old daughter and get teary-eyed thinking that if I didn't have such a personal fear of the D&C procedure, she wouldn't be here. I cannot even imagine. It really can be a bit overwhelming to consider at times.

Don't think of it as false hope when you share your story. False hope would be something like, "You'll be okay, I know it" or something of that nature. What you are offering women is the chance to know that they can wait out a diagnosis and be 100% certain. Doctors make mistakes and women deserve to have no doubts of this diagnosis ever.

And, let me just end with a big YAY!!! I'm so happy to hear your update.
my blighted ovum scare

If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby kimmyann1147 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:46 pm

Update! August Traugott Oscar was born on June 26th, 2008.

After being told that he didn't even exist (BO), then stressing all pregnancy about prematurity due to incompetent cervix, he was born by uncomplicated c/s at 40w4d.

My doc recommended a c/s due to his size and position. His head never engaged, he just was happy to stay in there forever! I was disapointed to need a c/s, but after all I went through to get him here, it is a drop in the bucket in the long run.

Thanks to this site for getting me through my misdiagnosis.

for pics of my miracle baby, visit

www.photobucket.com/AugieRoellig
Kim R.
kimmyann1147
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:58 pm

Love the pictures Kim!!!! Thanks for the update. And I just have to say, Augie is just the cutest nickname. I love it.

Congrats again to you!!!
my blighted ovum scare

Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories