Low, slow rising hcg levels...PLEASE HELP!

Low, slow rising hcg levels...PLEASE HELP!

Postby Larissa919 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:24 pm

I'm 27, first pregnancy, unexpected. LMP was 9/18/07. PMS symptoms came later than usual around 10/10. Period was late on 10/15 and HPT was positive on 10/19. On 10/22 blood work at the doctor's confrmed my pregnancy along with a pelvic exam. HCg level was 310...about 35 days after the first day of my LMP. on 10/25 they only went up to 430. Doctor tells me to prepare for a miscarriage. On 10/30 they went to 535. On 11/2 they went to 674.

All I'm thinking is that I just need to prepare myself from a natural miscarriage. Don't think I'd want a D&C unless it was necessary. The waiting is killing me.

Besides praying what else can I do right now? ANybody have a similar experience with either positive or negative outcomes? I'd love to hear them. Thanks in advance

Larissa
Larissa919
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Hang in there...

Postby red8 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:00 pm

All I can say is hang in there. I am playing a waiting game as well. My lmp was on 9/7. My numbers started at 93 on 10/10 and by 10/18 had risen appropriately to 1287. On 10/31 they were only 5,000. They had not risen as much as expected. I had an u/s on 10/23 and saw a sac and yolk sac and by my second u/s on 10/31 nothing had changed. The doc is expecting a miscarriage. I have decided to wait for things to happen naturally as I couldn't live with myself if the doctors were wrong and there was a baby in there!

I will try to wait patiently and if no m/c happens by the week of Thanksgiving I think I will ask for another u/s and hcg levels.

I know how hard this is. Just hang in there and trust your instincts. I've noticed on this site that it's not uncommon for docs to be black and white when pregnancy is full of shades of grey. It's my first pregnancy, so I'm clueless about what's normal, which makes it even more difficult I think. Good Luck! :H
red8
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Larissa919 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:30 pm

Well I started spotting saturday night. light pink and then later when i wiped a bright red. didn't last very long though. started up again sunday morning a little heavier but nothing crazy.

Well today I took the day off of work cuz I knew somehow i would need it. Cramping gradually became worse and spotting turned into very light bleeding. I honestly thought I was dying and when the worst pain come I just knew something was gonna pass. I was right. Not sure what it is yet but it was sac like. Doctor said it doesn't look like "baby" to him but literally half an hour later, all the real bad pain that I was experiencing for the last 2 hrs was gone. He examined me. Sent my "specimen" to pathology and was pretty much ready to do a D&C. I told him I'll get back to him on that.

Tomorrow I have to do more bloodwork and a sonogram to see what's left if anything in there. I'm doing fine though. A bit traumatized by the pain and what i had to see and scoop into a ziploc bag. Not to mention the fact that I was home all alone. And anybody I could think to call was up north (I'm in S. FLorida!) or at work.

I'm soooo TRAUMATIZED right now!
Larissa919
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby KLazaro84 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:24 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope for your sake everything passed without any problems and you will be able to avoid a D&C. I know this has to be extremly tough, but hang in there. I am hoping and praying about my situation, but I am afraid I will be in your boat soon... Good luck in the future.
Mommy to the best little bugga bugga ever
KLazaro84
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Larissa919 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:10 pm

I'm hoping so too. I'll keep u in my prayers as well.
Larissa919
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby shawnep99 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:42 pm

Any updates...I hope there is good news.
shawnep99
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Larissa919 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:51 pm

Did sonograms today and more blood work. Get all my results 2moro. I'm pretty sure it's all over though. I am bleeding a little and I'm actually doing ok. With all the other stuff going on in my life this only makes sense to me. I'm just praying now that I won't need a D&C. Thanks for the support and kind words from everybody.
Larissa919
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby shawnep99 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:54 pm

How did the sonogram look??
shawnep99
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Larissa919 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:49 pm

The ultrasound tech said she wasn't allowed to give out any info. I guess that's my doctor's responsibility. But she also said she had to send it to some one more experienced because it was hard to read. She was pretty much just looking at the lining of my endometrium to see how thick it was. That would determine if a D&C was necessary.
Larissa919
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Larissa919 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:47 pm

I spoke with my mom who is an OB nurse and was actually a midwife some years ago. SHe's been practicing longer than I've been on this earth so I trust her judgement. SHe advised me to go along with the D&C and as scared as I am I signed my papers this afternoon and will be going in at 6:15 am. Like I said I'm reallly really scared and just want everyone to keep me in their prayers.
Larissa919
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

D&C Complete!

Postby Larissa919 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:28 pm

It's 6 pm. I'm ok now. except for the nausea. I've never been so scared in my life. I started crying when I was told I could start undressing and I cried right up until the IV kocked me out I guess. I woke up in pain and was given more pain meds but I felt a little weak and my mom helped me get dress to leave. I've been feeling woozy all day and I am experiencing a bit of cramping and very light spotting. It will all be over soon.

Thanks for everything!
Larissa919
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Possible Miscarriage - HCG Related Issues