A story of hope for those with bleeding and b/o diagnosis!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

A story of hope for those with bleeding and b/o diagnosis!

Postby amberleigh1984 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:35 pm

Hello, everyone! I just wanted to tell you all my story. Last week I started lightly bleeding bright red blood. This scared me because I never had it with my first or second pregnancy. I was also scared because my second pregnancy ended with a miscarriage, which was devastating because the we found I was pregnant on my hubby's birthday and the baby was due on Christmas. Well the night I started bleeding I called the doc and he told me if it got worse to go to the ER and if it stayed the same to come in for a ultrasound in the morning. Fortunately it slacked off to brown spotting. When I had the ultrasound done all they could find was a gestational sac. They could not see anything in it. They did a trans-abdominal first then the intra-vaginal ultrasound and still could not find anything, no yolk sac or fetal pole (I was 5wks and 4 days). The doctor came in and said it may just be that it was too early or I had a blighted ovum, so he set me up for another ultrasound in a week. Later on that night I started lightly bleeding bright red blood again. I just knew that was it. Then it slacked off and became brown spotting. This yo-yoing was making me crazy. I didn't know whether to hopeful or realistic. Let's just say the next week was like torture waiting, and today when I sat in the waiting room I thought I was going to have a heart attack. (By the way I had stayed up all night because of my nerves and prayed all night, and I had my mom and friends praying for me, and I told Jesus that night that if he let my baby be okay the first thing I would say was thank you Jesus. ) Wel when she called me back I could feel my heart beating so hard I thought it was going to pop out. She said we are going to try the trans abdominal one first, so I thought this was just going to be a waste of time because of my tipped uterus. Then all of a sudden she goes well there is something in there. When she said that I was felt my heart skip a beat! Then she said hold on, next she took some pictures, and told me to hold my breath. Then she said the heartbeat is 146 bpm!!! I was overwhelmed with happiness! The next words out of my mouth were thank you Jesus (over and over). Other than my first daughter being born I don't think I have ever been more elated. For any of you that think that you don't have a shot in the dark, don't give up. I almost did, and look what happened. I was bleeding, spotting, (also cramping which I forgot to mention) and was even told I probably had a blighted ovum. Never give up hope, and never underestimate the power of prayer. I think that all the prayers are what made this miracle. Good luck to all of you ladies out there! I also want to say thank you for all your stories that gave me hope! I hope you all have happy, and healthy pregnancies!!
~*~Amber~*~
amberleigh1984
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:22 am

Amber, such a wonderful story. Having bled alot myself with my first pregnancy and being scared by the empty sac during my second, I can understand completely what you were going through.

Please keep us updated on you and this wonderful pregnancy.
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby amberleigh1984 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:13 am

Thank you for your response Kay! I just hope my story will give someone hope, so they won't give up. I will keep updating on here about my pregnancy. I have another ultrasound on Nov 14th, so I will let everyone know how it goes. Good luck to you all!
~*~Amber~*~
amberleigh1984
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories