JUST NEED TO SHARE!!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

JUST NEED TO SHARE!!

Postby awright165 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:15 am

I posted here in June when I was going through LOW HCG Levels and a possible Ectopic pregnancy.

We ended up terminating with the Methotrexate shot and ended the pregnancy... :(

However were given the clear to start TTC in September and low and behold got PG AGAIN right away!

We went in for an U/S 2wks ago only to find a sac... no baby nothing. =(

They took my blood and my HCG levels were 1900... I was supposed to go back in 3 days for more bloodwork but due to a new job I didn't make it until 6 days later. My HCG levels came back at 2600... again low HCG and NOT looking good.

Well I started to bleed last night and I was devistated that I was about to have my 2nd MC...

HOWEVER I had my 2nd U/S this morning and LOW AND BEHOLD WE HAVE A BABY!!! WITH A HEARTBEAT!! I am shocked and so was the U/S tech... she said logically there shouldn't be a baby! :P

STAY STRONG LADIES!! GOD IS AMAZING!! :)O<
Amber

Mom to Alivia 7/12/05
And number 2???
awright165
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Thanks for sharing your story

Postby DLady » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:49 am

Thanks for sharing your story!

This is the kind of hope that I need right now!
Angel Baby #1 - 02/13/06 (10 Wks)
Angel Baby #2 - 11/28/07 (11 Wks)
Angel Baby #3 - 02/27/09 (4 Wks, 5 days)
ME(43), DH (40) & Beautiful Step Daughters (13) & (10)
DLady
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby TeacherKim » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:12 am

that is fantastic news! i love reading stories like this!!
TeacherKim
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby baby123 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:24 am

THat is great. Amazing story. I am holding on to find out what my fate is. How far along were you when you had your 2nd U/S?
Baby123
baby123
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:51 pm

Amber, congratulations!

Take it easy, rest up and keep us updated :)
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby mom2asouthernqt » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:10 pm

That's wonderful Amber!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!
Christine
Mom to ds born 7/18/03 and our baby girl (misdiagnosed miscarriage/blighted ovum) born 2/8/2008!
Misdiagnosed w/bo at 6wks, 2days and 7wks 2 days, baby found on 9wk 2day u/s!
mom2asouthernqt
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby starlight » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:52 am

congratttttttttttts E> E> E>
starlight
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby JenAndJerryForever » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:26 pm

:)8 :)8 :)8 :)8
JenAndJerryForever
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Has this happened to anyone?

Postby TJ » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:25 pm

We had a miscarriage back in January. And found out we were pregnant again On October 1st. I am 46 (this was a hudge surprise both times-the dr seemed to think it would not happen at my age so we just never thought about it) so there is always the chance of a m/c.

We went to the dr on what was week 5.5 and there was a yolk sac. Dr said at early stage normal.

1 week later very faint HB but measuring size correctly just very very faint HB- the tech was very quiet. That was Friday on Wednesday we went for a doctor visit. Turned out not to be our dr but a NP who then called in another dr to do an u/s in their office. He said that it looked to him like it was only 5 weeks and he didn't see a heartbeat. He looked for less than 20 seconds. Was sure that I was reabsorbing and I should decide if I wanted a DC or to wait it out. He was sure that in two weeks it would "take care of itself".

My Husband almost hit him he was in and out of our room in less than 3 mins. Is it possible that the dr's machine is not as good as the one at the radiology office? My uterus if very tilted which causes them to have to search for it anyway.

We have another appointment on the 20th of November should we hold out hope? I am not spotting, still hungry all the time, breasts seem to be getting darker still.
TJ
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

what happened with Amber?

Postby Panda404 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:12 pm

Amber,
I am wondering what your update is because my situation is so similar?
Panda404
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby dani6120 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:16 pm

I am so glad that I found this site. We had our first miscarriage about 3 years ago. One year later, we found out we were pregnant and everything about that pregnancy was great. My last period was Sept. 22, so around October 23rd, I took a pregnancy test and it was positive. We were thrilled about having our 2nd child. On the 29th, I went and had some preliminary blood work done, at that time my HcG level was 249 and my progesterone was 38. I thought this was a good sign until I had my first ultrasound on Nov. 13th. They measured my sac to only be 5 w1 day and of course mentioned that I may be having another miscarriage. I was devestated at the mention of the word, I honestly thought I wouldn't have to relive that again. Yesterday I had more bloodwork taken and my HcG levels have risen to 3907; however, my progesterone has falled to 13.2. I'm going in for more blood work tomorrow, should I be very concerned about my progesterone dropping. My second ultrasound is the 26th and I am praying that we hear a heart beat. So now I am playing the waiting game as well.

Danieta
dani6120
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories