Spotting-told miscarriage-has tilted uterus & found baby

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Spotting-told miscarriage-has tilted uterus & found baby

Postby starparticle » Mon May 23, 2005 7:07 pm

Just got the good news 3 days ago that our baby is alive and more than well - over the last couple of weeks I would visit this board hoping for a happy ending, and I got it!!

When I thought I was around 7 - 8 weeks pregnant (according to LMP and general ovulation signs) I started spotting. Not a ton, but enough to make me worry. Also, I had lost all my preg symptoms a week earlier (no more sore breasts, no M/S, no longer tired) and was even wondering if I was pregnant at all. So we scheduled an ultrasound for April 15th (my birthday).

The tech said that there was no way I was 7 - 8 weeks, more like 5 weeks. She also couldn't see a heartbeat, but did see a yolk sac. Based on the spotting, lack of progress, and lack of preg symptoms my MW told me I should go home and prepare to miscarry. If nothing happened in a week, give her a call and we could set up either another U/S or a D&C. She also offered bloodwork for HCG's but I declined (they always seem unpredictable).

So I went home and waited. And waited. Nothing happend. Rewrote the pregnancy calendar, and found it WAS possible I was only 5 weeks - it meant I had a 7 week long cycle and I had a positive preg test only 7-9 days after getting pregnant, but technically it still worked out. I started getting M/S and feeling a little more pregnant. I decided just to wait things out, and not go in for another U/S until I knew that they HAD to see something. I didn't want to have any grey area in terms of if they should see a heart beat or not.

So, we were scheduled for a nuchal translucency ultrasound last friday, and there was the baby! Arms, legs, big beating heart, even fingers. My due date was adjusted again, this time I gained a whole 1.5 weeks on the 3 weeks I lost earlier. AND the tech told me I had a "retroverted" uterus. This was never mentioned before!! It must account for the lack of heartbeat earlier, since I doubt I was only 5 weeks pregnant :thumbsup: - more like 6.5 and a "hard to see" baby.

This is great news for us, we lost our daughter last year at full term from a genetic condition. It was stressfull enough to decide to get preg, let alone have all this stuff happen right away. We still have another ultrasound/genetic testing round to get through, but at least this portion is over. Yay!!

Thanks for all the support over the last couple of weeks!

:heart:
starparticle
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Mon May 23, 2005 7:26 pm

Star,

You brought tears to my eyes...let me just pause a moment...I feel verklempt

:yay: :yay: :yay:

CONGRATS to you! I'm guessing your original dates were right and I am guessing that during the second trimester, your u/s dates will be right on again. Having a tilted (aka retroverted) uterus does make a big difference (if only docs would listen to us). You did the right thing waiting to have that ultrasound. Sometimes you'll just get empty sac u/s after empty sac u/s and that is far more discouraging.

I am so sorry for the loss of your baby. I cannot imagine anything so heartbreaking. This just makes me doubly glad you got good news this time.

Please, keep us updated on this little one. These babies are blessings.

Just have to add...

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Kay

Postby mamaswan » Mon May 23, 2005 8:28 pm

Thank you for sharing that beautiful story, and :welcome: ! I hope you will keep posting and keeping us updated on your pregnancy!
I am crying, now, too!
Thanks, I think I needed a happy cry!
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
Danika
Mom of Olivia 6/16/96
Quinn 4/22/99 and Jake 2/10/03 and the long awaited
Sam 12/20/06
mamaswan
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Lark » Mon May 23, 2005 10:30 pm

What a blessing! And good for you for taking matters into your own hands and deciding to wait it out. I am so sorry for your loss, and I will be praying for a much happier ending to this pregnancy. God bless you.

Lark
Lark

Postby kadams » Mon May 23, 2005 10:36 pm

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful and positive story with all of us. I wish you and your child the best of everything that is to come.
Have a wonderful pregnancy,
Kelly :cheer:
kadams
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Mom In Waiting » Mon May 23, 2005 11:04 pm

I'd like to add my congratulations too! What a wonderful story with a very happy ending! I am so glad you waited it out! Just think what they would have found if they went ahead with a dnc! Praise God for giving you the wisdom and patience to hold out longer! WoW! Seeing your little one must have been so exciting! We will keep you and your family in our prayers and hope to hear all your exciting updates!! God bless you and your new little one. P.S. I am also very sorry to hear of the loss of your first baby. I think she is helping the Lord look out for her little brother or sister :cheer: ! Please keep us posted, Blessings, Cyndi :heart:
Angel Baby #1 6/00 (10wks)
Angel Baby #2 1/01 (12wks)
Birth of Samuel Lee 7/26/02!!!!
Angel#3 "Jeremy" 11/04 (17wks)
Alicia Kathryn Born 7/6/06!!!!!
Mom In Waiting

Postby Lovinmom » Mon May 23, 2005 11:24 pm

I just love these stories. I am so excited for you! :yay: Have a happy and healthy rest of your pregnancy!

Lovinmom :heart:
Lovinmom

Postby starparticle » Mon May 23, 2005 11:32 pm

Thank you everyone for your support! :heart:

The last couple of weeks have been very frightening, and I would come here every couple of days just to re-read the stories and look for some hope. All your posting and advice helped us to stay strong, and just trust in the process and not too freaked out.

My husband and I are now referring to those U/S as "peeking in the oven" - and now I think that the less you can do that the better :thumbsup:

Much warmth to you all!
starparticle
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby daisy15767 » Tue May 24, 2005 3:43 pm

First of all i would just like to say congratulations to you for your little baby being there and healthy...You have been very blessed...

I also want to say i'm very sorry for the loss of your first child at full term...I was almost 5 months (19wks 2 days) and could really tell I was pregnant...I was even starting to show when I had my m/c...I know how hard it was espically becasue i felt like I already know my child, and I could feel him in there...To lose a child at full term is just a pain I could never even begin to think I know how you felt and still feel about it.

In closing I just want you to know I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as your pergnancy continues and you undergo more testing. May the Lord bless and Keep both you and your baby safe...

With many thoughts, prayers, and much hope

Stephanie
DH Bryan
Charlie Born 03-01-03
Angel Baby Austin 03-30-05
daisy15767
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Lovinmom » Tue May 24, 2005 5:52 pm

Thank you so much for sharing with us. I get so excited by these kind of stories. I have a feeling many more are out there. It is wonderful when we can hear about them. We'll have to add your story to the misdiagnosed section so many women can read it. I know that your story will encourage others. Let us know how you and your little one are doing. Congratulations! :cheer:

Lovinmom :heart:
Lovinmom

Postby faerie64 » Tue May 24, 2005 6:18 pm

THAT IS THE BOMB STARPARTICLE!!!!!!!!!!

starparticle? bits of dust and gas but gives off radiant light?? LOL..I like that!

YAY!!!! A happy story. Gosh its about time!!!!
Lori 43, Mark 34, Jake 16, Natalie 10
Shayla Skye born 12-29-06
Me Nurse Long Time. OY!!!
faerie64
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories