Great News

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Great News

Postby emily825 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:55 pm

So here is my story. I first got pregnant last November, but at 12 weeks the ultrasound showed that the baby had stopped growing at 8 weeks and I had a D&C. This time my LMP was June 26th, but I know I ovulated later than I was suppose to because of a neg. blood test on July 31st. When I went to the first dr. appt. this Tuesday, I noticed spotting and asked for an u/s. The sonographer at the hospital said I was almost seven weeks and there was no heart activity so it was likely i had another mc. I went to the dr. office the next morning and her u/s said pretty much the same thing. I insisted to both of them that there was no way i was seven weeks because of the neg. test. My dr. really listens to me so she said to go home, not worry about it and come back in a couple of days to check for growth (approximately 1 mm. per day). Went back to the dr. today, and there was a beautiful heartbeat on the monitor - I knew I was right about the timing. It seems the baby is laying close to the uterus and they wer mearsuring part of the uterus with the baby. Just wanted to tell everyone there is power in prayer and it is important to listen to your body as much as your doctor - also make sure you have as great of a relationship with your dr. as i do. We still aren't out of the woods since we lost the last one at eight weeks and we are only six now, but after seeing a definite heartbeat this time (we didn't see one in nov.) we are extremely hopeful and thankful. Keep the faith!
emily825
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Lovinmom » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:28 am

I am so happy for you! I pray that you have a wonderful and peaceful rest of your pregnancy. Thank God you insisted on that ultrasound. I wish you well with the rest of your pregnancy.

Lovinmom
3 angel babies in Christ's loving arms/ one possible misdiagnosis
47 yr. mom to boy twins 5 yrs., dd 18 yr. and 9 yr. Baby Michael Josiah born 6/23/08
This post for educational purpose. For diagnosis, treatment, and advice, consult a doctor.
Lovinmom

Postby rachelrazzle » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:22 pm

congratulations! How exciting! Thanks for sharing your story!
rachelrazzle
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories