im confused, sad and scared...HEARTBEAT FOUND!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

im confused, sad and scared...HEARTBEAT FOUND!

Postby sarahjan » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:59 pm

hello i was just told that i will have a miscarrige soon. i am 26 years old and i have no history of any medical problems. i am really confused, sad and scared. so this is what happened: my lmp was 7/25 and on 8/6 i ovulated (i chart bbt) and on 8/20 i did a hpt and it was positive and on 8/21 i did a blood test to confirm and yes i was indeed pregnant. my husband and i were so happy we didnt know what to do. we didnt even want to talk about it in fear that we would jinks it. on friday nite 8/24 i started to see some red blood flow and i went to the er. they did blood tests and pelvic exam and u/s. they said they they see a sac but no baby so i was going to miscarry and my cervix was closed. they said my hcg was ~16000 and that they should see a baby by now. on sat 8/25 i started cramping and bleeding again it was red for only a few hours and only a little brown blood and it stopped and nothing else since then except some discharge on monday and some cramping still that is not bad. on monday i went to my obgyn and did more another u/s and still no baby and the hcg were ~24800. so they tried to talk me into a d&c but i dont want it. i just want to know if there is possiblity that you just cant see the baby yet. they said that at an hcg of 2000 they should see the baby. please advise me because i need some hope rite now. my husband and i are so hurt :*(
SARAH
sarahjan
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby lltruc » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:18 pm

Maybe my math is off, but it seems that you are only 5-6 weeks along. I would encourage you to read my misdiagnosed story. It sounds somewhat similar. I think any of the misdiagnosed ladies including my self will tell you to not give up. It won't hurt you to wait and let things happen on their own. At some point you may get an infection at which point they will have to do something, but there's no reason not to wait it out. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Here's a link to my story. Make sure you read the updates. BTW - I will be 38 weeks on Saturday and am waiting the arrival of my little one.

http://www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com/ ... php?t=7325
lltruc
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

update

Postby sarahjan » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:39 pm

thank you so much for your kind words. i read your story and im in tears right now. thank you for sharing that with me. i did another blood test on wednesday and the hcg went up to ~34000. the doctor said that does not seem good and she said not to get my hopes up. i have not seen a single drop of blood (red or brown) since saturday. i have some morning sickness and some cramping but nothing severe (doc said just uturus stretching). i have a u/s scheduled for thursday 9/6. i will be 6w1d at that time (based on my calculations) i keep praying and hoping and asking god for forgiveness. i really dont know anymore. i pray that on thursday that i hear some good news. my dh is great. he keeps telling me to think positive and just take care of myself, but i can tell that he is truly hurt inside and that make it worst for me. we have not told anyone else because we dont want to hurt them. but its really hard keeping a smile on my face. and i am so mad because i dont get straight answers from my docs at least they say til they do the next u/s.

i am really happy for you and your dh. i wish you the best of luck. i hope you have an easy delivery and a happy healthy baby.
best wishes
sarah
SARAH
sarahjan
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby rachelrazzle » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:34 pm

I would agree, that it is too early to predict anything. Go to the followup appt, and I hope you get great news. I have never heard that you should see something at 2000hcg. I had an u/s with only a sac, so my doc did an hcg, which was 29000, he said they usually see something at that level, but still did another draw and another u/s.
rachelrazzle
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby lltruc » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:46 pm

I was just thinking about your appointment tomorrow. I hope things are still ok. Keep us updated.
lltruc
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

thank you so much

Postby sarahjan » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:20 pm

hello well it is thursday and i did the u/s this morning. the tech could not say anything so now i am just waiting for the doctor to call me. it is so hard to wait like this. :H i have been praying and hoping that everything is ok. i am so worried because on the 29th of aug i did another blood test and the hcg went up to ~34000. so the doctor just said to wait so that is what i am doing now.

i keep wondering how doctors know what hcg levels are for women who dont have any blood test done during the beginning of their pregnancy.

i am so sad and happy because i just found out one of my friends is pregnant and she didnt even know until she was 18 weeks. and thank god she and the baby is doing very good. so i am so happy for her and so sad for myself. sorry im just venting.

i hope you and your baby are doing well.

take care
SARAH
sarahjan
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby lltruc » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:34 pm

Oh! I wish the tech could've told you something. It's still a bit early for a heartbeat though. Unfortunately I'd bet the Dr. will say the same thing and you'll have to repeat the u/s. But maybe not - maybe they did see some growth at least. That would be a little encouraging. I hope the bleeding is still subsiding. I'm here with my fingers crossed. I hope they call soon.
lltruc
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

hello there

Postby sarahjan » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:10 pm

hello there i hope you are doing great and your baby is doing wonderful. i do have some good news and some bad news. my doc call me and they said they saw a baby with a great hb E> and that i was 6 weeks (exactly my calculations) but they told me that it is still a high risk pregnancy because there is a blood clot either in my utrus or in the sac. i cant remember what she said. but that there is a baby and a hb so i was so excited. i couldnt even breathe that is how happy i was. but they dont know why there is blood clot

have you heard of this before? they say it wont hurt the baby but if i make it to 10 weeks :H than the chances are better.

so that is it for now. i am so happy i found this site because had i listened to them i would not have any hope and i could have done something that i would have regreted. i am so thankful for this site it gave me some hope and that is what got me thru all this.

i will keep you updated.

how are you doing? you are going to have this baby any day now B) im very happy for you

good luck
SARAH
sarahjan
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby lltruc » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:28 pm

Yay!!!!! :)8 That is (mostly) fantastic!! I'm sure the clot will turn out to be no biggie. You'll have to keep me posted though so I know your doing ok!! Also - either now, or when you make it to 10 weeks - you should post your story for those girls out there praying. I'm doing good. Went golfing today and had some good contractions but they seem to be slowing now. I have a DA on monday - hopefully she'll say it's almost time. I'll let you know when the little man comes.
lltruc
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby starlight » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:49 pm

hey congrats. a hb at week6 sounds great! i'm really happy for you. keep us posted.
starlight
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby rachelrazzle » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:59 pm

congrats on finding a heartbeat! That is just awesome!! I am so happy for you! I hope thr blood clot does not cause problems. I had a subchorionic hemorage with my pregnancy with my son (he is 2.5yrs old now) my doc advised my miscarriage risk was higher until past the first trimester, and to just take it easy, and well, all was fine. I hope the same holds true for you!
rachelrazzle
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: thank you so much

Postby nipun29 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:57 pm

sarahjan wrote:hello well it is thursday and i did the u/s this morning. the tech could not say anything so now i am just waiting for the doctor to call me. it is so hard to wait like this. :H i have been praying and hoping that everything is ok. i am so worried because on the 29th of aug i did another blood test and the hcg went up to ~34000. so the doctor just said to wait so that is what i am doing now.

i keep wondering how doctors know what hcg levels are for women who dont have any blood test done during the beginning of their pregnancy.

i am so sad and happy because i just found out one of my friends is pregnant and she didnt even know until she was 18 weeks. and thank god she and the baby is doing very good. so i am so happy for her and so sad for myself. sorry im just venting.

i hope you and your baby are doing well.

take care

I am also praying :H and hope everything will be ok again. God bless sarahjan.
Thank you
nipun29
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: im confused, sad and scared...HEARTBEAT FOUND!

Postby fjsmommy » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:51 am

I had a ob appt yesterday and the ultrasound showed that I'm 6w 4 days is the sac but my LMP is at 9 weeks 5 days. There is a sac but no fetus in it. My Dr told me that I have an abnormal pregnancy and that I'm on my way to a miscarriage. She had me schedule an ultrasound ally fo Dec 2012. If there is still no baby or a heartbeat, that I should be given the option of taking a pill to force a miscarriage or to get a d&c. I'm so scared and confused with all of this. I'm hoping for some great news on the 31st. Please keep me in yur prayers. Me and my husband have been thru enough this year as it is. We are hoping for a miracle!
fjsmommy
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories