My story of Faith and Hope

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

My story of Faith and Hope

Postby hunee » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:35 am

I'll start with my history. My first pregnancy 8 years ago ended with a D&C at around 9 weeks. At my first sonogram I was told that there was no heartbeat and it was not a viable pregnancy. I was sure they thought I was further along than I actually was so they tested my HcG levels which went down in two days. I went to a second doctor who said the sac was misshapen and unhealthy so I had the D&C. Three months later I got pregnant with my daughter. When I went for a blood pregnancy test they were worried that my HcG was so low so they tested again in a few days just to make sure I was pregnant. Everything went smoothly after that and she was born at 42 weeks. I had to be induced at 42 weeks because I showed no signs of labor starting. My third pregnancy I went for a sonogram at 8 weeks and they found my baby and the heartbeat but said he measured at 6 weeks. This pregnancy was very planned out so I new that I was 8 weeks. I went back in two weeks to make sure the baby was growing and everything was fine. My son was born 9lbs. and healthy at 42 weeks. Again I had to be induced two weeks late because I showed no signs of labor starting. I started to believe that my body either gets off to a slow start with pregnancy or I just take a little longer than the norm to grow babies.

Now here I am 4 years later. I am pregnant again and I know exactly when I conceived( July 1). I had a sonogram at 7 weeks 1 day (Aug. 8) from my last period (June 18). The doctor said my sac looked like I was five weeks pregnant and he couldn't see anything in it. He said that would be normal for five weeks and maybe my dates were off. I knew they weren't so I left feeling hopeless and upset. The only hope I felt was that my son looked 6 weeks when he was 8 weeks so maybe that was happening again but this time I didn't have the reassurance of a heartbeat. We tested my HcG levels and they went from 3,284 to 3,611 in two days. I knew that wasn't supposed to be good but at least they went up. My progesterone level was 8 when it is supposed to be around 20. So I was very worried but I started to feel a lot more hopeful after I found this website and started reading all the misdiagnosed stories. I am very thankful that this site exists and that God led me here. I also have a friend that was told she had a blighted ovum early on and 3 weeks later they did a sonogram and found the heartbeat. She now has a healthy baby girl.

Yesterday (Aug. 16) I went to the doctor for another sonogram (8 days after the first). After seeing my HcG #'s the doctor didn't seem hopeful. He started the vaginal ultrasound and I could see a baby in the sac and I saw what I believe to be the heartbeat. The doctor says "Well we may have a surprise here. " The baby measured 6weeks and 2 days. The doc said he wasn't totally sure that what we saw was not my heartbeat because it was so close to my heart rate. But that there was a sgnificant change in the right direction from the last ultrasound. I will have another ultrasound on Wed. Aug. 22. I feel very hopeful and a little worried which is probably why I am up writing this at 4 in the morning but I have a tremendous Faith in God. No matter what happens I know that he knows what is best for our family and he has a perfect plan for us. Many times I have looked back on my life and wondered why did I worry so much about finding the right man or if I would have children because God is in control and he has the perfect plan for us. He is much wiser than we are and he wants the best for us. Of course my hearts desire right now is that this baby is healthy and will join our family. But I am thankful for all that he has given me and I feel so blessed.
hunee
hunee
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby bosaubarbie » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:04 pm

thank you for your lovely story, am praying for you
Jules
44 ttc 6 years ICSI DE 05.05 m/c 7.5 weeks with hb. ICSI DE 11/05 Son 07.08.06, FET 12/07/07 anembryonic gestation diagnosed at 8.0 weeks: hcg 75,000 and progesterone 60 ng/ml, g.sac average 3.5cm miscarriage by cytotect and d&c at 9 weeks
bosaubarbie
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:16 pm

You are in my prayers as well.

Maybe I missed it but are you on progesterone supplements? There are studies showing that even in pregnancies after seven weeks they can make a big difference.

I'll be looking for that update.
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby hunee » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:40 pm

Thank you for your prayers. I was put on progesterone suppositories 100mg twice a day after they saw that I may have a viable pregnancy. I am going to have the levels tested again on Monday. I am feeling concerned about taking progesterone. Have you read anything about it causing birth defects?
hunee
hunee
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:06 pm

I have read that natural progesterone is much better than synthetic progesterone.

I don't really know much about this site but I found it after a quick search:

http://www.natural-progesterone-advisor ... terone.php

It does seem to have some useful information.
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby hunee » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:54 pm

Thanks for the info. I called the pharmicist who makes the prog. suppositories and he said they are all natural and made from yams. Pretty interesting. I had my prog. tested again on Monday 8/22 and it is now 21. My HcG went up to 6,900 which I know is not much in a 10 day period but I am happy that it is going in the right direction. I'm going to my doctor for an ultrasound in the morning so please say a prayer for me. Thank you so much.
hunee
hunee
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby bosaubarbie » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:01 am

am praying for you now Jules :H
44 ttc 6 years ICSI DE 05.05 m/c 7.5 weeks with hb. ICSI DE 11/05 Son 07.08.06, FET 12/07/07 anembryonic gestation diagnosed at 8.0 weeks: hcg 75,000 and progesterone 60 ng/ml, g.sac average 3.5cm miscarriage by cytotect and d&c at 9 weeks
bosaubarbie
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby peacefullone » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:57 pm

hunee.....thank you so much for your story! I know I'm new here, but I also feel the Lord led me here. I think I have a tendency to have low progesterone too. I think I'm either pregnant or recently miscarried. praying it's not miscarried. I just got a blood test today, will get results tommarrow. Praying you have a happy healthy pregnancy. :)

Holly
Holly V. mamma to 2 so far...\0/
We have a 10 yr (boy) and 4 yr (boy)
TTCing #3 praying for a daughter...
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Bearygirl
peacefullone
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories