OMG..UPDATE!-baby found at 9wks 2days! UPDATE she's here!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

OMG..UPDATE!-baby found at 9wks 2days! UPDATE she's here!

Postby mom2asouthernqt » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:19 pm

Most of you know my story I think but here's a short recap. I had an u/s at 6wks, 2 days that showed a small gestational sac but nothing else and was dx with a b/o. Had another u/s at 7wks, 2 days which showed the gestational sac measuring small at 18mm and still nothing else. Starting on Friday I started having severe cramping and minimal brownish/pink spotting...mainly brown. The cramping continued through the weekend and I still had a little brown spotting this morning but it has now stopped.

I had another follow up with my doc this morning to see if the miscarriage is starting. He did an internal exam which showed my cervix closed and just a little bit of brown blood. Btw, I am 9wks, 2 days today. Then he did the transvaginal u/s. I didn't want to look cuz I have totally come to terms with all of this and I didn't want to see another empty sac. Suddenly I hear a screech from the nurse and she says "Dr., do you see what I see"? Omg, it's a fetus with a heartbeat! WHAT??? I didn't believe them but then I saw for myself. However, the bad news is that it's measuring only 7wks, 2 days. The gestational sac measured 25mm which I think is still a bit small. There is absolutely no way I am off on my dates. I know that I conceived on May 27th. So, the dr. is still apprehensive because my progesterone was so low 2 weeks ago. On 200mg a day, it was still only 13. He hasn't drawn blood in 2 weeks though. I have an appt. this afternoon at the hospital for a "dating ultrasound" so he can get an unbiased opinion on what the fetus is measuring. I am a mess. I was doing so well with coming to terms with the fact that if I miscarried, I likely wouldn't see a baby...just a sac. Now, he says it's a threatened miscarriage and I know now if I miscarry, I will see the baby and that upsets me. I am just at a loss for words. Any advice/thoughts?

I guess it's not a b/o now since there was a h/b seen?

Thank you again for all of your prayers. :H :H :H
Last edited by mom2asouthernqt on Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
Christine
Mom to ds born 7/18/03 and our baby girl (misdiagnosed miscarriage/blighted ovum) born 2/8/2008!
Misdiagnosed w/bo at 6wks, 2days and 7wks 2 days, baby found on 9wk 2day u/s!
mom2asouthernqt
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby namaste11 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:25 pm

HOLY COW and Hallelujah, Christine!!!!! AMAZING!!!!

I will pray that everything comes out JUST fine. This is such amazing, and terrifying news for you, I'm sure.

I'll be sending you lots and lots and lots of hugs for strength! I'll be stalking the board waiting for your update post!

:)O E> Andy
Andy (38) and Jack (36)
Anna Kate (7y) Jacqueline (5y) Alexandra (2y) Samantha (2y) Vanessa (newborn)
5 precious souls in heaven playing with our dog McKinley
namaste11
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby mom2asouthernqt » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:35 pm

Thanks Andy! I don't know what to think or feel right now. I do know that it is most definitely all in God's hands! I will update as soon as I can. Lord, please make it a miracle!

Hugs, :)O :H E>
Christine
Mom to ds born 7/18/03 and our baby girl (misdiagnosed miscarriage/blighted ovum) born 2/8/2008!
mom2asouthernqt
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby bunnys » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:51 pm

Holy Cow!

That is amazing that there is a little heartbeat there! Iknow you must not know how to think or what to feel right now but please oh please believe that you little one may be a miracle...>Dates or not...embryos have been known to catch up in size by a week or more. THis little one just did something amazing by kickstarting a heart...please take care of yourself.

Hoping all goes well at the hospital today...

Wow, just when I am running out of hope, someone shares a story like this...amazing!
bunnys
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

thats great

Postby lori'sprayer » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:13 pm

thats great news! dont be discouraged. god has his hands on this. i know its hard. i too am diagnosed with b/o i have yolk though i am 8 1/2 weeks went to er today to get another look, still no change. i have retroverted uterus but dr at hospital thinks should see fetal pole at least. my hcg went down from 98,000 a week and a half ago to 87,500. so i am in the dumps and its good to hear something good for someone else. i will pray for you.smmilllleeeeee!!!!!!!
STILL PRAYING
lori'sprayer
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby beachgirl » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:38 pm

Good luck!! I lost my baby last Monday and I never let my hopes down. It was rough when it started because there is nothing I could do to stop it. Saying a prayer for you!! Keep us posted.
beachgirl
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

UPDATE!

Postby mom2asouthernqt » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:46 pm

We have a miracle!!!! I am in total shock! At the ultrasound at the hospital this afternoon, not only did we see the heartbeat but we heard it and get this....179bpm!!!! Baby measures 8wks, 4 days. I show myself to be 9wks, 2 days and I'm positive of my dates so maybe we had really late implantation or something? Plus, they said the u/s can be off by +/- 5 days. My doctor is in shock too. He said it doesn't make sense at all and he doesn't understand it. The fetal pole was there, yolk sac, hb, baby, everything! He is still cautious because it's all so strange! I get the feeling that he doesn't have much hope. Therefore, as I said in a previous post, I've decided to switch doctors but now I'm going to do it this week instead of waiting for the miscarriage to happen like I was going to do before.

I do still have some brown spotting that is sometimes pink that worries me. It's very minimal but I wish it wasn't there at all. I didn't have any with my son. Plus, I was cramping so bad this weekend that I was taking Tylenol and laying on the couch all day thinking it was the miscarriage starting. WOW! I am so scared to be happy. Does that make sense? I was all prepared for what was happening and now a miracle! God is good! I can't thank you all enough for your prayers. Please continue to pray for this little bean! ((hugs!!))
:H E> :)O :)8 B) :P
Christine
mom2asouthernqt
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:15 pm

Wow, sounds a lot like my story. Just so you know, because of my tilted uterus, when they finally found my baby at 9 weeks, I measured a week and a half behind (no possibility we conceived later) and the sac only measured 28.5mm. I had turned down the D&C at 7 and 8 weeks.

I wouldn't worry about the baby. I fully believe it is the equipment. The ultrasound equipment is not as accurate as they would like you to believe especially if there is any tilt to the uterus.

CONGRATULATIONS!
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby namaste11 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:13 pm

Christine that's MARVELOUS NEWS!!!!!! :)8 :P

Congratulations!!! Just keep lovin your little bean and keep us posted!

E> :)O Andy
Andy (38) and Jack (36)
Anna Kate (7y) Jacqueline (5y) Alexandra (2y) Samantha (2y) Vanessa (newborn)
5 precious souls in heaven playing with our dog McKinley
namaste11
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Postby Ceej » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:07 pm

Christine, that is amazing! Hallelujah for you and your precious bean! I am so happy to read your story here. Sometimes it can be hard when the medical professionals have their minds made up, but try to focus your attention on what you do want, not what you don't want.
"It’s All God. When we know, absolutely, that all is well, even the bumpiest road is a gift" - Jane Beach
Hugs -
CJ
CJ - Mom of Many - five darling angels in heaven: Sweet baby Nate born still 4-27-06, MC 11/00, 1/01, 12/06, 7/07, four DS and one DD here in my arms (boy/girl twins 2-09!).
Ceej
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby beachgirl » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:54 am

That is soooo awesome!! Congratulations!!
beachgirl
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby CINC » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:24 am

wonderful, wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!
Nicole
~I can do all things through Him that strengthens me.~
Mom to Elijah Samuel 1/3/03 & Isaac Kallel 9/23/06
CINC
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Thank you!

Postby mom2asouthernqt » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:27 pm

Thank you all so much for your kind words and your support. Not just now but for the past 3 weeks. I can truly say that without you all and this website, I might have opted for the d&c at 7wks just not knowing any better. It gives me chills to even think about that. I hope that my story will add to the stories and advice already here to urge women to try and wait it out if dx early in pg. You just never know. I never thought I would be one of those miracles posted on this forum but here I am. My spotting has stopped so far today and I'm just walking on a cloud today feeling very blessed.

Love and hugs to you all E> :)O
Christine
mom2asouthernqt
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:40 pm

I know I still think back and am so glad the doctor did not talk me into the D&C. I'm not against them but I do think women deserve to know with 100% certainty they are miscarrying before having one.

I am really so happy for you :)
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby charlenes1 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:29 pm

SOOOOOOOOO HAPPY for you Christine!!!!!!! What a wonderful,encouraging story for all of us! God is so Good! You will have my prayers for a fabulous, healthy and strong pregnancy! I bet you can't wipe the smile off your face, :P :P :P .
What a great place to be in! Many , many blessings sent your way!

~Charlene
For this child I prayed; and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of Him.
1 Samuel 1:27
charlenes1
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby bethany_marie » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:03 pm

Christine, that is SO wonderful!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P B) B) B) B)
bethany_marie
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Happy for you!

Postby luvjoymom » Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:21 pm

I had read your story in the "waiting to miscarry" section, then realized you received a misdiagnosis!!! Yeah! That's so awesome and it gives me some hope. I pray all continues to go well for you!

-Nicole-
DD 23 months
Nicole
Mother to DD-8/15/05
M/C-12/8/06; M/C-7/23/07
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
~Music can soothe the soul~
luvjoymom
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

:)

Postby mom2asouthernqt » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:07 pm

Thank you! We are doing well. I will be 18 weeks this Saturday. I still just can't believe it. I had a super quick u/s on Friday because I was panicking about baby not moving as much but at a quick glance we saw face, hands, ribs, spine, legs, and baby had his/her mouth open and hand up by it's face. We have our "big" u/s on Tuesday of next week to check and make sure everything is measuring ok and baby looks ok. Also hoping they can tell us gender!

Thank you for your well wishes. Hugs to all. :)O E> :H B) :P
Christine
mom2asouthernqt
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby sarahjan » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:19 pm

Simply amazing!! A true miracle!!!!

congrats
SARAH
sarahjan
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby mom2asouthernqt » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:23 pm

Thanks Sarah! He/she truly is a miracle. The nurse in my doctor's office said on Friday that "God has his hands all over this". Of course God has his hand on all of us all the time but I guess our story just touched so many people on that level. We call this baby our little miracle. :)

Hugs,
Christine
Christine
mom2asouthernqt
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child
Next

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories