what a story to tell!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

what a story to tell!

Postby sunshinesuprises » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:32 pm

Hi all
I am new here, i wanted to share my story with you all to let you all know there is HOPE!
I am 36 mom to 5 kids oldest being `17 youngest being just 10 months. I am currently breastfeeding my 10 month old round the clock, and i have 1 ovary instead of 2. Imagine my suprise to find out i was pregnant! I thought i was safe, not that pregnancy is a bad thing however my husband is far from delighted as my youngest is a bit high maintenence.
upon discovering i was pregnant i had an ultrasound to determine my due date since i had not had a period to go by. In that ultrasound nothing was seen but a lump on my ovary. I was instructed i might not be pregnant or it might be eptopic, given instructions and sent home to wait it out. About 5 days later i ended up in the ER with pain, again nothing was seen within my uterus itself, just a cyst on my ovary, was told they were not sure why nothing was seen. A week later saw an ob, he did the ultrasound found an empty sac, said i had a really tilted uterus, which is why noone could find anything. Ok so thinking all was ok, i went on about my way til 3 weeks had passed from first ultrasound, that was 2 weeks ago, i went in for follow up, i was told sac measured 7 weeks, hard to see fetal pole, what she saw was questionable and measured 6 weeks, no cardiac activity, i was doomed for miscarriage. I was told to go home and wait for the blood to commence. I was sad, shaking, broken hearted, i ran to my mom, she comforted me as only a mommy can. I waited, cramps, backache, brown spotting that changed to light brown then to yellow.........2 weeks passed still no blood though.....wow what is taking so long, why wont my body just accept the baby is dead and get on with it! Waiting on a miscarriage is just awful. You still feel pregnant, still wake up nauseas so i need my pepsi, and junk food to settle my tummy, still have sore nipples wincing through each nursing session with my daughter, and my uterus its still growing, popping out. Im confused, so i called the clinic, they had me in today, talked to the tech, she told me oh the waiting is normal it can take 6 weeks but maybe i should go to my doc and schedule a dNc? That convo pretty much made me realize this is really happening, so up on the table i went, heart sunk into my stomach, funny thing happened, completely amazing, she touched the ultrasound wand to my belly, cold oozy jelly, all the sudden there was my peanut, kicking her arms and legs,visably a baby, heart pounding away, i knew what i saw, noone had to tell me! the tech cried this is remarkable, everyone come in here, we have a baby here!!! I cried in happiness, there was my miracle , she caught up to the sac, 9 weeks 1 day, she is due feb 14th a valentines day baby E> my heart is so light and i cant wipe away the smile, he or she is alive, after all the odds said this baby was doomed, here he or she is dancing in my belly! I had to share this story, to bring you all hope! Dont let someone tell you to get a dnc get second and third opinions, dont give up, each baby is different, wait it out a bit, redo the ultrasound after a week or 2 to see if the baby is growing, if the heart can finally be seen fluttering, dont let someone tell you your pregnancy is doomed! I wish you all the luck and baby dust, and lots of love!
Brandi :)O<
sunshinesuprises
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby CINC » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:53 pm

what a great story!! Congratulations and please be sure to let us know how you are doing
Nicole
~I can do all things through Him that strengthens me.~
Mom to Elijah Samuel 1/3/03 & Isaac Kallel 9/23/06
CINC
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby bunnys » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:52 am

Thanks for sharing. I am currently waiting for another u/s as my 7 w 2d one saw a baby big enought to have a heartbeat but no heartbeat. I too have a tilted uterus. Everyone medical has told me it is inevitable but I still want to believe. Your story has given me hope.

I should find out later this week and then my Lo would be due Feb 17th ish...We would be almost due date buddies. Let's hope that this is all a big mistake for me just like you.

Thanks again.
bunnys
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Bunnys Good Luck~

Postby sunshinesuprises » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:17 am

I will be praying for you and your baby, it might help to wait it out like i did. I waited 2 weeks before checking again. In all honesty my gut feeling was that the baby was ok, but the spotting threw me off. When i had a miscarriage before i knew in my gut from the begining something was not right. Trust your instincts, listen to your inner voice. I pray that your baby is fine, im really glad my story can give you hope. I think its really incredible what happened to me, but i think that this happens more than we know, and i think that many women get pushed to having d/c's which is so sad. It would be great if more studys were done and if more people would trust in their bodies more than these doctors. I think they generalize all babies grow the same when in fact they dont! Please keep me posted on what happens with you!
HUGS!
sunshinesuprises
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby charlenes1 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:41 am

Thanks Brandi for the HOPE today. I am alittle over 8 wks. pregnant and I have had 2 losses before this. I saw a blood stain when I wiped this morning and all the emotion of the "unknown" overwhelmed me in that minute. God was good to give me His word this morning that spoke perfectly to my situation. Your story has also encouraged me. So this is a note of "THANKS"

May your pregnancy continue striong and healthy
~Charlene :)O<
For this child I prayed; and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of Him.
1 Samuel 1:27
charlenes1
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Congratulations on your latest miracle!

Postby Ceej » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:48 pm

I am so happy for you! What a wonderful story! Thank you so much for sharing it with us! I am inspired! I am listening to my inner voice and it says everything is indeed fine. In fact, my favorite new quote is "It’s All God. When we know, absolutely, that all is well, even the bumpiest road is a gift"- Jane Beach.

At this point, my wait continues! I, too have a very tilted uterus, although the U/S tech says it makes no difference. For the record, I have 3 boys - ages 3, 12 and 24! I went for my fourth U/S today, but everything looked pretty much like it did last week. The sac measured 3 cm which equates to 7 weeks 3 days (I'm theoretically 8 weeks or so along). The U/S Tech said it can be off give or take 5 days, but their machine is only 2-3 years old and pretty state-of-the-art with 3d and 4d capability. So, we did another hCG today to see where that's at and I'm supposed to get a call from the doc with the results tomorrow afternoon and we'll decide where to go from there. Last check was 14,574 on July 5th, which was very encouraging. This time the doc said the sac looked good (previously I was told it was abnormally-shaped, meaning oval instead of round) and there was something on one side that could be the start of the fetal pole and the bright white dot was still there that he said could be the start of the yolk sac. He even pointed out what could be the placenta. His stance at this point is to wait and see, he says nature will eventually show itself and which direction we're headed. So, while he says 99 times out of 100 this doesn't end well, I'm holding on to the one time that it does. One time is all I need! I'm keeping the faith and you've helped me to do so. Thank you! I'll be in touch and hope to get to use one of those happy-dance emoticons. CJ
CJ - Mom of Many - five darling angels in heaven: Sweet baby Nate born still 4-27-06, MC 11/00, 1/01, 12/06, 7/07, four DS and one DD here in my arms (boy/girl twins 2-09!).
Ceej
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

charlenes

Postby sunshinesuprises » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:02 am

:(O im sorry your going through this, Dont fret yet however just because you see some blood does not mean your pregnancy is doomed, lots of women bleed and go on to deliver healthy little bundles
I will keep you and your little bean in my prayers
Good luck and keep us posted!
Brandi
sunshinesuprises
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

ceej

Postby sunshinesuprises » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:21 am

I wish i knew what to tell you, I will be praying for you. It seems from what you said that things are looking better? The HCG should paint a clearer picture, trust in god that what happens is in his plan. Pregnancy is such a scary yet beautiful thing, I always spend my 9 months in paranoia! Its such a small world that so many of us share such similar stories! I will pray for you and your little bean! Hope that you will keep us posted on what happens with your levels!
:H
sunshinesuprises
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Thanks, sunshinesurprises!

Postby Ceej » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:19 pm

Thanks for the encouragement. Here's my update... My doc just called with my hCG and it's over 31,000! :P That's encouraging! He said the numbers are going way up, there's a nice gestational sac, he wouldn't be surprised to see a fetal pole in there except for the fact that he hasn't yet and we should be about 8 weeks. He went on to say that my hCG is the highest he's seen without there being a fetal pole, yet I read on here that Kay had hCG of 100,000 when her baby was found at 9 weeks, so I'm not giving up. He said the placenta is working good. He's hoping something will change and we'll see the fetal pole so we're going to be patient and see how things go. He wants to do another U/S Monday - my 5th I believe. He also gave me the option of waiting 2 weeks or getting a second opinion ultrasound elsewhere. So, I'll be doing more praying and meditating and keeping the faith. Thanks for everyone's support! It makes a remarkable difference! CJ
Ceej
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

ceej

Postby sunshinesuprises » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:27 pm

:)8 horray! this is good news, i am happy for you! Just keep the faith that this will all turn out with a beautiful bundle in a few months! 8)O Thank you for the update and i will continue to pray for you and your lil bean!
sunshinesuprises
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Thank you sunshinesurprises!

Postby Ceej » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:16 pm

Thank you for prayers and cheers/encouragement. I will keep the faith! My inner voice says all is well.

CJ
Ceej
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby CEB » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:08 pm

This is such great news from both of you!

I hope your pregnancies continue well after this stressful start.

Big hugs to you both, C :)O :)O
CEB
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby sunshinesuprises » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:52 am

:P went to the doc yesterday after severe back pain and cramps, he checked on lil bean with the ultrasound WOW lil bean now looks like Lil Baby~ 8)O i could not believe how much bean sprout grew in 1 week! So thank the Lord all is well and bean is growing fine, actually beyond expectation, i was upposed to be exactly 10 weeks yesterday but i was 10 weeks 2 days, so bean is sprouting! :)8 So excited! just updating everyone!
sunshinesuprises
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Yippee!

Postby Ceej » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:42 pm

That is very exciting! Congratulations, again! You could look for one of those photo books at Barnes & Noble or someplace that has the pics from inside the womb all along the 9 months. It's fascinating and cool to see about where your baby is. Thanks for the update - CJ :P
Ceej
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby CEB » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:06 am

Wow Brandi

Congratulations that is excellent news. I hope it all progresses smoothly from now on.

Big hugs :)O Clare
CEB
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories