There is hope.

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

There is hope.

Postby pleiades » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:03 pm

I'm so excited to post my story here.
I had bleeding early on at 4 weeks and thought I was miscarrying so I went to my doc asap. She took blood work and then I went back a week later for more. My numbers had quadrupled, but I was still bleeding. They did an u/s at 5 weeks and said it was a blighted ovum and a missed miscarriage. My dr said I could have a d&c or wait to miscarry naturally. I'm so glad I waited. I went back at 7 weeks and we saw a heartbeat. It was the most beautiful sight in the world.
For what it's worth, before I got pg with my son I was told I had a tipped uterus. I don't know if it change after giving birth to him or not, but I wanted to add that in case it means anything.
Thanks for all the support and encouragement I received here during my wait. I appreciate the hope it gave me and the patience to wait it out.
Betsy DH Chris
DS Quinn
2 Angel Babies
pleiades
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby WKG24 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:20 pm

Thank you for your story of hope, Betsy! It will surely help some of the women here who are waiting things out and needing some encouragment. I do believe your uterus can change after childbirth from tipped (tilted) to "normal" but it can also stay tilted. Sometimes it can even change over the course of a pregnancy.

E>
Wes
Me: 30, DH: 34, DS: 28 mo. DD: 10 mo.
MC: @ 9 weeks April '05
Due with Suprise Baby December '08!
This post for educational purpose. For diagnosis, treatment, and advice, consult a doctor.
WKG24

Postby Kay » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:30 pm

Your story brought tears to my eyes. Congratulations and please keep us updated on you and that pregnancy of yours :)8
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories