my blighted ovem NOT!!!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

my blighted ovem NOT!!!

Postby christyhiro » Fri May 25, 2007 4:59 am

It has been one crazy week!
On monday night I went to E.r. wiith mild cramping and sever back pain I knew I was pregnant!
My hcg lv was 19,000 but when they did the u/s there was only a gest sack and yoke sack no fetal pole or h/b. the e.r. doc said it might be just to early but the hcg lv were so high that we should have seen a h/b. so i went home with a uti and orders to call my ob on tuesday!
So Tuesday I called my dr. and she said she was sure I had a blighted ovem that with that high of hcg there should have been a h/b she wanted to do a D &c on friday. I asked her if I could have one more u/s on thursday just for my closure I wanted to see for myself that there really was nothing there sience the e.r. tec wouldent let me see the screen! she said sure but she was positive there would be no h/b unless a miricle happened!
So tuesday and wendsday went by me thinking im having a d&c on friday!
Well thursday I went in for the u/s and the tec put the wand on ly belly and said oh look there 's the h/b! I was totally shocked I had to ask are you really sure? she then showed me the screen and it's little heart was beating away! both hubby and I were in total shock!
We went home and I called the dr. and told them they found a h/b at the u/s she said she would give the message to the dr. about an hour later my dr. calls baby and was like you got a miricle God really must have a plan for you and this baby because we can't explain it medically I have talked to all my colligues in the practice and none has ever heard having such a high hcg lv but not seeing a baby to 2 days later seeing a baby.
so I guess I got my miricle!
I do have a question does anyone know where I could find a web site or info on whith a hcg lv of this you should be able to see this on an u/s I have been trying but can't find one!
christy
christyhiro
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Fri May 25, 2007 11:32 am

Christy, there are quite a few sites and they do say that a baby is always seen when hCG levels reach more than 6,000. However they are wrong so I'll not give you those links :)

My hCG levels were well over 100,000 when we finally saw my little one. It happens alot on this site and we know the medical literature is wrong. A common reason for the baby not being seen is a tilted uterus. You might ask at your next exam if you have a tilted uterus. Not all women with 'hidden babies' have a tilted uterus but a large percentage do.

Congratulations and I am so glad you had that follow-up ultrasound. Women are often too trusting of the diagnosis and deserve to know with 100% certainty what is happening!

Yay!
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby CEB » Tue May 29, 2007 12:09 am

Oh Christy

This is such wonderful news, I am so happy for you. I hope everything goes well for the rest of your pregnancy.

:)O C
CEB
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories