My story

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

My story

Postby TessasMommy » Fri May 04, 2007 9:36 pm

When our daughter was about 18 months old, dh and I started trying for baby #2. We had gotten pregnant so easily with our first that it never occurred to us we would have trouble. Two years later, we were told without in vitro or a miracle, it wasn't going to happen. I made an appt. to start taking the pill, because I just didn't even want to think about it anymore. Work engagements kept me from making it to the appt, and I never had time to reschedule. We were preventing, though, so when I decided to take a pregnancy test two months later, I never expected it to be positive. I was only taking it to get the possibility out of my mind. Lo and behold, there were those two lines, right away.

That was on Tuesday. On Friday, I started having some mild cramps. I called my doc, who sent me to the ER just in case. I was about 4 weeks. They did an u/s, saw the pg in my uterus, and pulled my hcg levels--1604. I repeated the test Monday morning, and they were 6404. Hooray! The following week was my first OB appt, and the doc hadn't gotten the u/s report from the ER, so he sent me to the hospital for another u/s. The tech told me she wasn't encouraged by what she was seeing and got the radiologist.

He was awful. He told me my sac was collapsing on itself, it looked "like a deflated balloon," and that he didn't see anything that would let him label this as a viable pregnancy. He told me to wait while he paged my doctor, because I would probably need to schedule a "procedure." I felt numb. I asked him if I could have a picture, and he told me there was no point and walked out. I just sat there, alone because dh was at work, and cried my eyes out. Some time later he came back in and told me my doc was in a c-section so he couldn't get him on the phone, so he guessed I could go home and wait for the doc to call.

My doc, thankfully, was much more compassionate, and had me do serial beta hcg's again. This time, they were 20773 and 44540 not quite 48 hours apart. They day the results came in, I called and spoke to the nurse, who said, "Oh, it sounds like a molar pregnancy to me, but Dr. is out of the office and he'll call you tomorrow." I couldn't believe how many insensitive people I was running into! Couldn't one person believe I could have this miracle baby?

I found a free clinic here in town that does ultrasounds and called them. They agreed to see me, and their doc told me I probably had a blighted ovum. This was a week and a day ago. It felt then as though it were really, truly over.

My doc wanted another u/s at the hospital, so I went today, and there was my baby, with a healthy 167 bpm hb! I am 8w3d from LMP and measured 7w2d, so I must have just ovulated late. She said everything looked fantastic and printed me out a nice, large picture.

Keep the faith, ladies!! Reading the stories here were inspiring to me, and I hope my story can do the same for someone!
Christina
TessasMommy
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Carrie » Fri May 04, 2007 10:08 pm

Congratulations! I'm so glad that everything turned out so well. I hope that the rest of your pregnancy is heathy and happy. Soon your miracle baby will be here.
ME - 36
DH - 37
m/c 1/05
m/c 6/05
Mikayla born 4/1/07
Carrie
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby InHisTime » Sat May 05, 2007 12:07 am

So happy for you! Thanks for sharing your story.

~Judy
InHisTime
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby april1979 » Wed May 09, 2007 4:14 pm

Great news!!!
april1979
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories