i am so happy to be able to post my story here

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

i am so happy to be able to post my story here

Postby Jewelie Cheek » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:27 am

Last thursday i went for an ultrasound due to cramping. My gestational sac measured 18 mm which is consistent for 7 weeks which i was 6wks 6days by lmp. All that he could see was the yolk sac, no fetal pole, no heartbeat. So needless to say i was told that most likely (90%) i would miscarry again. He told me to follow up in a week and that they would re-scan and we could discuss my "options". This is my third pregnancy both prior were miscarriage. So i wasn't too optimistic about returning. I went in this morning and after waiting forever (most definitly the worst part, as if a week isn't long enough to wait) they did the ultrasound. At first they couldn't see anything and my heart sunk. My legs were shaking so much in the sturrups. Then all of a sudden she was like "do you know what that is?" and there it was the heartbeat. I started crying. I was so dreading having to tell my husband for the second time while he is in iraq that i lost the baby. I was just a week behind and the ultrasound machine was ancient. I know that I still have a long road ahead of me. But just to see the heartbeat has given me hope. Something that I most defininitly had lost.
Jewelie Cheek
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby charlenes1 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:25 pm

Congratulations on that little hb! May you have a pleasant and healthy pregnancy! Many Blessings~
Charlene <><
For this child I prayed; and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of Him.
1 Samuel 1:27
charlenes1
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby amyd » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:40 pm

Congratulations!!!!! I hope you have a wonderful, uneventful 9 months!!!
-Amy
Me (Amy) - 36; DH (John) - 41
DS (Ian) - 5 (4/4/03)
Angel Baby - 11/23/05
DD (Hannah) - 1 (1/5/07)
amyd
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby april1979 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:38 pm

I am so happy to hear this!!! I pray that all continues well!!! I also pray for the safety and well-being of your husband!!! (((HUGS)))
april1979
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:22 pm

Congratulations to you! I know a number of women, especially those with a tilted uterus, do not see much in an 18mm sac (contrary to what the u/s literature tells us).

I am just so thrilled you found that baby in there! Keep us updated on your pregnancy.
Kay

Congratulations!

Postby bcelek » Tue May 01, 2007 10:52 am

I am so happy for you, congratulations and hope all goes well. I myself was told last weekend that there is no heartbeat at 7 weeks 2 days, and that I would have a miscarriage. The doctor was able to see "something" and apparently that "something" grew from 4mm to 10mm in size, but since they couldn't see a heartbeat, they said it was bad news.

I wish you all the best. I totally understand what you're going through -- the waiting to find out is the worst. And I'm now waiting for the miscarriage, but haven't had it yet.

Best of all to you and your amazing husband fighting in Iraq!
bcelek
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories