Still not sure ... Update: BABY FOUND

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Still not sure ... Update: BABY FOUND

Postby klbown » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:34 pm

Here's my story! I am 32 and pregnant for the first time. When the test was positive I truly couldn't believe it. I took five OTC HPT before I believed it was real. I have several medical issues (high platelets, high blood pressure, type II diabetes) so I really didn't think it would happen. So on March 18, 2007 I knew I was pregnant. I had so many symptons. I called all my doctors and started a slew of appointments. Everything has been going well with the exception of cramps. They are never in the same spot and aren't any worse than menstrual cramps. My OB said not to worry unless they were unbearable. My DH and I had sex for the first time since we found out I was PG a week ago Saturday. That's when it all started. That night I started spotting. I thought "OK, no big deal, it's just b/c we had sex." The next day there was a little more blood but again nothing to worry about. By Monday afternoon I had passed a small (very small) clot. I called the doc ASAP. He brought me in immediately. He said my cervix was closed and sent me home for bed rest. He drew blood that day to check my HCG and progesterone levels. I had to come back on Wednesday for the same thing. Thursday night (middle of the night) I had more blood. I got worred but said "Hey, I am going to the doc tomorrow." On friday April 6th I had an appt with the midwife. This was the first time I met her and let me just say I am NOT impressed! My HCG levels were perfectly normal for six weeks but my progesterone level was in the low but normal range. She put me on Progesterone supplements and raised my high blood pressure medication. She told me my blood sugar levels were not good. I completely disagree with her on the blood sugar levels. My Endocrinologist will disagree with the midwife as well. On Saturday, I had more blood and a larger clot. Of course, now I am really scared. No cramps, I haven't had any cramps in a couple of days. Several women in my family have blead throughout all of their pregnancies and had perfectly fine babies! I called the doc and guess who was on call. You guessed it the midwife! I told her about the blood and the clot and she said "you are probably having a miscarriage". I asked her if she would meet me at the hospital so I could get an US to make sure the baby was ok. She said that I wouldn't be able to see the HB so there was no sense. No just the day before she said my HCG levels were high enough that I would definitely see a HB. ARGGG! I reminded her of what she said. She wasn't amused. She told me to stay in bed, feet up, and pretty much no movement other than the potty. My next US is on the 13th with the perinatologist. I have had any more blood since Saturday morning. I am so stressed and upset. I just don't know what to do. The only thing I know for sure is that I will only see the doctor and will never see the midwife again.

Scared,
Karen
Karen =)
04/08/07:Pregnant with first, having difficulties
klbown
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby april1979 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:18 pm

I just posted...and UGH!!! The system lost it!!!

Anyway, I just wanted to say that if I were you I would call the ER, make sure the midwife is not the one on call and go in. You deserve better attention and medical care. That is what they get paid the big bucks for!!! I pray that all is well with your little bean. Just remember that it can be perfectly normal not to see a heartbeat this early, so even if they do not see one, I would go back in a week or even longer to check for sure. It also can be perfectly normal for some women to bleed in pregnancy and deliver healthy babies...I pray that is the case with you and that all is fine. Please keep us posted!!! (((HUGS)))
april1979
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby klbown » Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:24 pm

I called the Perinatalogist office this afternoon and they brought me in early for my 2nd US. I have a picture of my little bean with a HB. The HB was 124 and the baby is measuring a little over 6 weeks. I am just shy of 7 weeks so the tech said that was perfect. I am waiting to hear from my regular OB to see if I need to stay on bedrest. I am still spotting/bleeding with slight cramps. I have a long way to go so hopefully everything will be ok.
Karen =)
klbown
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Best of Luck

Postby lucigirl » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:51 am

I am so happy for you and you are in my thoughts. I bled through my first pregnancy for the first trimester.
Thank you for sharing your stories. They touch my heart.
lucigirl
lucigirl
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby april1979 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:30 am

I pray that all goes well!!! I am so very encouraged by your news!!! I would be sure to avoid sex or anything that has to do with your cervix or that area. Please keep us posted on the rest of your pregnancy...I pray that it is uneventful!!!
april1979
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby klbown » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:08 pm

I had another OB appt today. My cervix is still closed but is quite irritated. I'm not sure why but that is what the dox said. I am still bleeding, with clots and tissue but the baby seems to be ok. My doc wants to do another US but is waiting at least another week or so to give my cervix a break. He put me on bed rest for another SIX weeks!Needless to say I am not happy about that BUT I will do whatever I need to for the baby. Have a good night!
Karen =)
klbown
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby april1979 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:39 pm

I too am on bedrest...so if you need a bedrest buddy...I can be that!! Just know that you are doing the best thing for your baby!!!
april1979
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby klbown » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:56 pm

I had another doctor's appointment today. The doctor said things are looking good. I'm not bleeding too much any more. Although he still wants me on bed rest. But at least I can do a little more than just lay in bed now.

April1979, I would love to be a bed rest buddy. I have been going crazy. How long have you been on bed rest?

Karen
Karen =)
klbown
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby april1979 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:14 pm

I was just put on bedrest last week. I will be on bedrest for the duration of this pregnancy...Feel free to PM me anytime!!!
april1979
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby pinaymom » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:27 pm

Hi Karen/April,

Don't be too hard on yourselves. Enjoy yourself and your baby in your tummy during your bed rest. Pamper yourself and the baby with 8hrs(or more) of sleep. I too was put in bed rest during my 2nd pregnancy on my 2-4 months. I bled on my 5th week and just went back to work 3 months after. As for me, it really rested my body coz my work can be so stressful most of the times (because of nagging bosses :() )... My son weighed heavy when he came out but he is a happy boy. Being stress free is great when you're on bed rest. Although I maxed out all my sick leaves and vacation leaves already, I still can say, it is all worth it :). Right now, I am pregnant again but just saw an empty sac during 1st u/s. I have a repeat scan tomorrow, so I still don't know what to feel.

April, BTW, thanks for the hugs you gave me on your reply to my post.

God bless you ladies.
Take care.
pinaymom
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby klbown » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:32 pm

Hi Ladies,

Things are going fairly well. My family and friends have been keeping me busy and well fed. My husband doesn't cook so the food everyone has been bringing has been wonderful!

I hope all goes well for everyone!
Karen =)
klbown
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby april1979 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:06 am

I too was blessed with some good food recently. My MIL came down and made a chicken and mashed potatoes! It was so nice to have something other than TV dinners. I have been taking it easy and hoping that all of this brings my baby here healthy and full term...Tomorrow will be 25 weeks so I will have been on bedrest almost 2 weeks...my next apppointment is Wednesday.
april1979
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:45 pm

Karen, thanks so much for the updates. Sounds like everything is going better. I had such a rough first pregnancy too and I just bled and bled and bled. I just want to shake that midwife silly but I'm glad you are not seeing her again.

Enjoy that pregnancy!
Kay

Re: Still not sure ... Update: BABY FOUND

Postby mrslawrence » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:30 pm

on monday just gone found out im :)O< again thought i was about 7ish week but cant be 100% sure as my period are all over the place .. i did a clear blue test and it came back as pregnant and 3 to 4 weeks so i must have my dates wrong, on the weekend i had a poorly tummy and i noticed i was bleeding lightly but no clots went right to A&E got checked over and internal exam thay said it could be a miscarrige but need a scan to be sure .. the following day went for the scan they said it looks like a blood clot , and they could,nt see anythin .. but every so offtern i feel movement likle twiching only feel this when ive been preggers,
if i was really 4 weeks gone would they evn be able to see a baby , or anything

my last preganay the doctor said i was having an eptopic but they wanted a scan i was only 4 weeks at the time, but thay couldt see anything so they sent me away untill i was 8 week and then they found a heart beat ..

i was woundering if i should go back to my doctor and ask for another scan to be sure :(O or shold i just exept my baby died .. just dont no what to do .. i was spotting for 4days , please help , i have a cut feeling they got it wrong or im just hoping my baby still here :H :H hope to here from some1 with advice soon .. E> E> E>
mrslawrence
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Still not sure ... Update: BABY FOUND

Postby pinaymom » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:26 pm

Hello mrslawrence,

I am bit surprised this thread, as old as it seems, still managed to notify me of new posts. I read my post previously and I realized that I haven't updated this thread about the outcome. I am glad to tell everyone that I now have a beautiful, the most talkative and cutest 3-year-old little girl who loves to cling to me all the time. It is not impossible that you or the doctor might have miscalculated your dates. It is still clear to my recollection that my last period with my daughter before was on February 6. March 31st came and I had a faint positive at the doctor's office. She suggested to have an ultrasound on April 8. No heartbeat, nothing. Dr said, it might be an empty sack so she told me to decide whether to do an elective abortion or miscarry naturally. I told her, if there really is no baby, then I prefer it to miscarry naturally. She said we cannot wait for too long for my safety. I requested for another u/s. April 20th, done at the hospital that time. The techs saw a very tiny heartbeat. Almost 3 months, but still she showed herself to the scan, and that is one of the happiest moments in my life, next to her birth.

The point is, there might still be a chance. No guarantee but as long as you are safe, you might want to wait a little longer to see what happens. Who knows, there might be one little shy peanut in your womb who will show her/himself to the scan just at the right time...

God bless and take care...
pinaymom
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories