An update about an enlarged sac

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

An update about an enlarged sac

Postby stacybrevin » Tue May 10, 2005 9:34 pm

An update....I am currently 20 weeks pregnant. I went to my first appoint ment and my OB said I was going to m/c because my babys yolk sac was very enlarged...he sent me home to let my baby die. I had to find another Dr. due to insurance issues and week by week I still had my baby. I was doing weekly ultrasounds till the 13 week. Then we decided that this baby probably was going to stick around. The 13th week level II all looked great! And I just went yesterday and it looked great too! Nothing abnormal...And with a large sac my baby has a high chance of a chromosomol abnormality. I refused any blood work because we would never abord a baby that was never meant to be...in Gods eyes nothing is a mistake...So we have put it in the hands of our father and we will take what we get but pray for the best. So the Dr. said now we will just have to wait till we have the baby...since I am not doing an amnio...which would show a lot of the chomosomal abnormalities....but its great news that the ultrasound was all normal...my baby must be developing normally...proud to say that its a boy. I will be a mother to 3 boys and 1 girl! Ha ha God must know what hes doing! :yay:

-----------------------

original post (diagnosed miscarriage due to 9mm yolk sac: http://www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com/ ... .php?p=228
stacybrevin
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby 4evamyangel » Tue May 10, 2005 9:42 pm

Stacybrevin,

That's wonderful news!!!! :yay: :yay: I'm so happy for you! :biggrin:
You'll be in my prayers for a healthy pregnancy and delivery! :heart:
Keep us posted!!!

Jessica
:angelic: :angelic: :angelic:
Angel 12/15/04- B/O Twin Angels 4/28/05-2 B/O
ELIJAH born 10/14/06 @ 2:09pm 7lbs 6.5oz 20"
SAW Baby- 129BPM- EDD- 11/2/09-Praying still
http://www.babysites.com/sites/stasica/
http://www.dropshots.com/4evamyangel
4evamyangel
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby BusyGirl775 » Tue May 10, 2005 9:44 pm

stacybrevin,

Thank you for sharing this with us. How wonderful to see you walk in complete faith and trusting our Heavenly Father with your pregnancy. He is sooo faithful and He will continue to be! Thank you, Lord! He is watching over you and your little one. Please know that you & your little one are in my prayers.

Hugs,
Judy :heart:
BusyGirl775
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Anomily » Tue May 10, 2005 9:49 pm

That is wonderful news! God's blessing to you and your family!

:baby: :grouphug:
Anomily
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Lovinmom » Wed May 11, 2005 1:32 am

This is wonderful news that your little one is developing normally! We send you prayers for you and your little one that all is well. I'm sure this is a testimony to your doctor. God will use this for good and for His glory. Thank you so much for sharing with us. Let us know any news about your little one.

Lovinmom :heart:
Lovinmom

Postby KW » Sat May 14, 2005 4:55 pm

Yea! Congratulations!

....KW
KW
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby stacybrevin » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:20 pm

Hi ladies. My precious little miracle just turned 3 years old a few months ago. I just want to say to everyone not to give up hope. My baby was given a 99% of survival. I know several of you have gotten in touch me with over the years. But for those of you who are new to this site I am here for you. I of all people know what it feels like to be hit with the most devestaing news and be sent home to wait it out. You are not alone. My email address is McQuigg2002@yahoo.com
stacybrevin
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

large yolk sac

Postby meetusingh » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:46 am

Hi, I am in 25th week of my pregnancy right now. Initially in 6th or7th week my yolk sac measured around 7mm and gradually in about another three weeks it increased to 10mm. My Doc told it was not a healthy sign and there was a possibility of miscarriage or birth defects. She also told me to monitor my sugar levels after each meal which I did and my levels came out higher than they should be. As a result I had to start with Insulin shots before meals to keep my sugar levels in control and have been continuing till now. I also had double marker and triple marker tests which showed very low chances of downs syndrome or any birth defects. My ultrasounds have been showing normal growth of the baby. But I am still worried about uncertainties.I would highly appreciate suggestions or any useful information that might help me out with my worries. God bless all.
meetusingh
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:23 am

Meetusingh, I am really sorry you are going through this scare. Just so you know, we've had a number of women now go on to have perfectly healthy babies even though their pregnancies started with a large yolk sac. Hang in there. Sounds like things are looking good with this baby.
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

thanks

Postby Tara83 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:15 am

I just wanted to say thank you Stacy for all of your support. When I first found out I had an enlarged yolk sac I was terrified (I had had a loss not to long before) reading your story and being able to e-mail you really helpped me through a very tough time.

I am happy to report all is well with my pregnancy I am having a baby boy and so far he is in perfect health and my OB has no reason for any concerns. ( I am now 21 weeks along)

I feel so blessed to be able to share this with you.

Thanks again for your help
Tara83
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Several Complications

Postby alivb143 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:13 pm

I want to thank all of you amazing women for sharing your stories. When I lost our first baby in 2005, I felt so alone and really wish that I would have found a site like this then!

I need some encouragement. We are pregnant with our sixth pregnancy, three losses and two blessings! I am almost 8 weeks along. We found out that I have an enlarged yolk sac, the baby is measuring a week behind, and the amniotic sac is measing two weeks behind. Being that this isn't our first time hearing bad news, I am having a hard time being positive. Any positive stories or words of encouragement would really be appreciated.

I do firmly beleive that God is in control and knows what is best for me. I trust in God, and hope that it is his will for this baby to be a normal and healthy baby. Thank you in advance for your help.
Angel lost to ectopic pregnancy 1.14.05 (Tubal Ligation)
Angel lost to miscarriage 6.8.05 (D&C)
Angel lost to miscarriage 10.19.05 (D&C)
Our sweet miracle girl Alexis was born on 11.14.06 (Subchorionic Hemmorrhage and told we would loose her by 20 weeks)
Our sweet blessing boy Jayden was born on 1.18.08
Hopeful for the birth of our prayers with a third baby (estimated DD 9/13/10)
alivb143
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:44 pm

We have had some wonderful success stories here, including Stacy's, with an enlarged yolk sac.

Because of those successes, I really wanted women to find these stories and wrote this page:

http://www.squidoo.com/yolksac

I do hope we'll be able to add your story as well.
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Re: An update about an enlarged sac

Postby mjasmin » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:45 pm

This story is so encouraging! Yesterday, 11/01/10, I went for my 1st u/s after learning that I'm pregnant and the doctor tells me that I have an enlarged yolk sac and it's a 90% chance of a miscarriage. I have to see her in 2 weeks to confirm.

I made an appointment with another doctor for tomorrow to get a 2nd opinion. This story, amongst others, give me hope. Thank you.
mjasmin
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: An update about an enlarged sac

Postby mjasmin » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:40 pm

Hi again! So I'm going to the doctor in 2.5 hours for a 2nd opinion. My husband and I are deeply in prayer and I ask that you pray along side of us. Please keep the encouraging stories coming! I read this particular post almost everyday. :)O<
mjasmin
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories