Add me to the list!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Add me to the list!

Postby paulak » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:28 pm

I was scheduled for an early u/s at the hospital due to some health issues. I was 5w4d, but they used my last period and got dates of 6w1d, despite the fact that I told them that I ovulate late. We saw an empty gestational sac and I was told that the pregnancy was not viable and to schedule a d&c or prepare to miscarry. When I asked about a followup u/s, I was told it wasn't necessary because there was no chance. "I don't want you to leave here with false hope."

This diagnosis was based on, in addition to dates, the fact that the sac was 13mm and the fact that my beta one week prior was 1464. The dr. said when a sac is that size and when betas are that high (he was estimating I would be around 20,000 at this point) you always see something in the sac.

Devastated, I came home. Then I heard about this website. The next day I called my reproductive endocrinologist's office--I had assistance getting pregnant. They said that the dates on the u/s report were incorrect and not to worry, just come to their office in one week for a followup. The next day I had some spotting, which quickly stopped.

At the 2nd u/s, (6w2d) the sac had grown to 19mm and had a very fuzzy spot in it. The dr. said it was a yolk sac, although neither the technician or I thought so, and it sure didn't look like any I'd seen in u/s pictures. They told me to prepare for the worst, but not give up hope entirely.

Today I went went back for another u/s (6w6d) and saw a yolk sac and baby with heartbeat! I still can't really believe it. E> Hb was 128-134.
Paula
paulak
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby namaste11 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:42 pm

Hooray for you, Paula!!!! :)8 :)8 That's so fantastic!!! Congrats!

Here's wishing you a continued smooth and comfortable pregnancy,
E> Andy
namaste11
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby april1979 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:26 pm

That is great news!!!! :)8

Please keep us posted on the rest of your pregnancy!!!
april1979
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:55 pm

What awesome news!!!

I do hate that so many doctors scare women needlessly. How difficult would it have been for them to say, "It's just too early, come back in two weeks for an ultrasound?"

Well, I am just thrilled for you. I hope you keep us updated :)
Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories