Sometimes it's just too early!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Sometimes it's just too early!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby grandma » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:21 am

After what my daughter just went thru---I just wanted to let everyone know that sometimes IT IS TOO EARLY!! As the grandma to be, I found this site about a week and a half ago when we were lead to believe my daughter's pregnancy was doomed. My daughter had some spotting on 6 wk 0 days. She went to the drs. and had a vaginal ultrasound; the gestational sac and a possible yollk sac was found. the dr. said perhaps the pregnancy stopped growing. Needless to say, my daughter was devistated(as was her husband, my husband any myself) The dr. took some blood and two days later a 43,000 hcg level. Once again, the dr.'s gloom--with that level hcg we should have seen more... Well, yesterday my daughter had another ultra sound at 7wks2days and just like that, added to the gestational sac, a definite yolk sac along with a fetal pole and a strong heartbeat!!!! We were all so happy--but the 1o days before were a living hell. I had kept telling my daughter, it's just too early...but I was really upset myself, thinking the dr. knew exactly what she was talking about. The dr. did the 1st u/s and had a difficult time finding what she did find. Yesterday an u/s tech. did the u/s and found everything she was supposed to very quickly..so, if possible, wait until at least 7 weeks to have the u/s. I believe there is much more of a chance that you will see all you expect. After reading so much on this site I had told my daughter that perhaps it might have taken even another week or so to see all if indeed she didn't see it yesterday...
grandma
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby april1979 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:02 am

That is wonderful news!!! Please be sure to keep us posted on the outcome of this pregnancy!!! (((HUGS)))
april1979
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:53 pm

Oh my goodness, I am just so happy that that baby was found.

Too many women are scared needlessly. The ultrasound literature does state that a baby is ALWAYS seen with those levels but as we've learned, that ultrasound literature is just completely wrong.

CONGRATS!!!

Please do keep us updated.
Kay

Postby grandma » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:00 am

Just an update on my daughter--this past tuesday she had her 12 week sono and everying was perfect. The baby was bouncing all around and the heartbeat was nice and strong. Just wanted to give some hope to those of you who are struggling now with not knowing what is going on--we were there not too long ago ourselves.
grandma
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:02 pm

Thank you for the update!!! I am just so thankful that we can wait out these types of diagnoses because sometimes wonderful things happen.

Tell your daughter congratulations for me :)
Kay

Postby april1979 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:04 pm

That is GREAT news!!! Please keep us posted...
april1979
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Tanikit » Wed May 02, 2007 7:36 am

Thanks for the update - so glad your daughter is doing well. I had a similar scare at 5 weeks pregnancy, by 7 weeks we could see the baby. Today at 19 weeks I have been told its a girl - you are right, sometimes it is just too early. I am not sure I will go for such an early scan next time I become pregnant and will wait til at least 7 weeks.
Tanikit
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories