Misdiagnosed Blighted Ovum 6 wks

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Misdiagnosed Blighted Ovum 6 wks

Postby Sadie » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:23 pm

At six weeks I went in for my first ob appointment and had a u/s in the office (solo practice) and the doctor and I both said "the sack is empty". I was devestated and thought-how could I feel pregnant w/out a baby? I heard that the placenta can trick you on that one so I chalked it up to that. He went ahead and scheduled a d&c pending on blood work and he checked my hcg levels but he told me not to expect good news. We went home so sad and overwhelmed. The next day he calls and says I need to come back in two days for an ultrasound. What?!? Yes-my hcg levels were at 44,000 which he said was great for six weeks pregnant. That was the longest 48 hours EVER. But it was worth it as when they did the u/s- there was the baby w/ a heart beat! He said several women have been referred to him by their own gyn to have him do a d&c for a blighted ovum but he would do one last u/s and find the baby was there and just fine. He saved our baby. I hope some women out there who've been told they have a blighted ovum will read our stories BEFORE they have that surgery- it could possibly save your baby's life if it's truly not a blighted ovum. Thanks for letting me tell my story. I'm now in the 2nd trimester and baby is doing just fine! B)
Sadie
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Tanikit » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:29 am

So glad to hear you had another u/s and found the baby! Congrats on reaching the second trimester and I hope everything goes really well. Thanks for sharing your story.
Tanikit
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby april1979 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:03 am

Great news!!! :)8
april1979
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:46 pm

That is wonderful news. Six or seven weeks is just too early to schedule a D&C for a blighted ovum.

Enjoy that pregnancy :) and keep us updated

:)8 :P :)8
Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories