Do you believe in miracles?

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Do you believe in miracles?

Postby CARSON'S_MOMMY » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:24 am

I do now!!
Hi! My story goes like this in a nutshell.......went in last Mon (my birthday nonetheless) for 1st appt, according to my LMP I would have been 6w2d at the time. The first part was largely uneventful, just your run of the mill prenatal appointment. There happened to be no U/S patients that morning and she was free so they went ahead and did vaginal u/s. On the U/S there was a gestational sac but nothing in it and it wasn't even measuring 4 weeks. I was either 2 weeks off or there was a blighted ovum.
They proceeded to do bloodwork that day to check levels and I went in again on Wed to check again since that would be 48 hours. When the bloodwork came back my levels were rising but only slightly, they weren't doubling and they didn't like my progesterone levels either. So after all of that the conclusion was blighted ovum and they scheduled d&c for tomorrow.
I was devastated but by yesterday I had made peace with it and was just ready to get the d&c overwith so we could try again. I was at work and about 10am I was paged to the phone and it was the hospital to go over some questions and pre-registration for the d&c procedure. At the same time there was another phone call holding for me and it was my doctor, he needed to speak with me right away. I put the hospital on hold and spoke with my doc.
He was looking at my bloodwork again that morning and saw something (didn't specify what) that he wanted re-checked ......he wanted more bloodwork IMMEDIATELY. So I left my office and drove up town to give yet more of my blood, not expecting anything good of course, just expecting to give more blood and come back to work as I had a busy day ahead and had already come to terms in my head with all of this. I was back at my office that afternoon working and at about 2pm the doctor called again....my levels were still not quite doubling per se but he ordered an immediate ultrasound to check things out ONE LAST TIME.
I went begrudgingly thinking "how could they put me through more" and feeling like "they aren't getting my hopes up!!) So the U/S tech and I were chit chatting and stuff and she started the U/S and all of a sudden she said "you aren't going to believe this" and I'm thinking OH NO, are my ovaries messed up, a cyst, what could it be??? But the next moment she turned the screen to me and said "There's your baby and there's the heartbeat! and lo and behold there was my little baby and heartbeat just as clear as day. I made her check again and again and the heartbeat was 130bpm, I saw it and heard it and I'm 6w2d due October 28th!! THERE IS NO MEDICAL REASON THERE SHOULD BE A BABY THERE. No one can believe it. I do have a tilted uterus, but according to ALL bloodwork and last u/s of less than 4 weeks, there is no reason for my miracle, but I am not complaining!!!!
My advice is FORCE them to do the vaginal u/s one more time if you are scheduled for d&c because that is the ONLY thing that saved my baby and me. 3 sets of bloodwork and 2 ultrasounds that said NO BABY. Well, I'm living proof that the bloodwork doesn't mean everything. You have to get that U/S.
That is it, that is my story. I've gone from blissfully pregnant to maybe not pregnant to definately not pregnant to blissfully pregnant again in a weeks time and THANK GOD my doctor decided to check one last time. It saved us.
DO hold on to hope, I didn't, I had no hope and I had made peace. But there it was and I cannot tell you the feeling I have. I am still shocked and amazed and it is truly a Miracle.
I believe in Miracles, do you?
Alison
CARSON'S_MOMMY
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Thank YOU!!!

Postby babyluv » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:34 am

I have my f/u for BO this morning. I really needed to see something positive. I'm barely hanging on. Thank goodness my husband is. I have faith that miracles happen. Congratulations on yours!
babyluv
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby InHisTime » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:13 am

Thanks for sharing your very happy miracle! Yes, I do believe in miracles - I personally know the Great Physician in charge!

God bless you and your little one! ~Judy
InHisTime
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Victoria35 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:19 am

WOW, what a great story and what a week it must have been for you.

what were your blood work numbers??
im currently waiting for my 3rd bloodworks to come back after horrendously low numbers that shouldnt mean viability its only the symptoms and the increasingly darkening lines that have me holding out hope for a miracle.

congratulations, i wish you a H&H pregnancy xx
F 12.04.1989
M 15.04.1992
F 27.12.1997
^i^ twin of eldest 1988, 1991, 2004
?? EDD 01.11.2007 http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/143196
Victoria35
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:38 pm

I am so glad you didn't have the D&C.

There is no reason a doctor should ever schedule a D&C for a blighted ovum before nine weeks. Too many babies are found between eight to nine weeks and you were still early when you saw your little one. We also have so many women whose levels are not textbook and are still just fine.

Moral of this story for anybody reading it...do not schedule a D&C immediately for a blighted ovum unless you have an immediate need (i.e. showing signs of infection). It is perfectly acceptable to wait out a diagnosis. The diagnosis may be correct or it may not but you will not know if you do not wait it out.

Congrats to you :)
Kay

Postby Ron » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:41 pm

My wife and I are scheduled for a follow up exam this Thursday after our exam last week at 7wks failed to show anything. What should we be asking our doctor?
Ron
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:49 pm

Ron, just remember, your wife does not need to be pressured into a D&C. True, she may very well have a blighted ovum but seven weeks is just too early to definitively diagnose one.

Has she at least seen the gestational sac? If not, she may have an ectopic pregnancy and that needs to be looked at ASAP. At seven weeks, levels begin to slow, plateau and in some, even decline and this can be normal. If the levels are low though and drop alot, then the body may be beginning the miscarriage process.

Keep us updated and if you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Praying for your wife.

Kay
Kay

Postby Ron » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:57 pm

[quote="Kay"]Ron, just remember, your wife does not need to be pressured into a D&C. True, she may very well have a blighted ovum but seven weeks is just too early to definitively diagnose one.

Has she at least seen the gestational sac? If not, she may have an ectopic pregnancy and that needs to be looked at ASAP. At seven weeks, levels begin to slow, plateau and in some, even decline and this can be normal. If the levels are low though and drop alot, then the body may be beginning the miscarriage process.

Keep us updated and if you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Praying for your wife.

Kay[/quote]

Thank you, Kay, your prayers are much appreciated.

Her HCG and progesterone levels are outstanding, which is what makes this so confusing. We did see a sac last week but it was only measuring 5 weeks and 2 days when we anticipated 7 weeks. They resheduled us for this coming Thursday. I found this website Sunday while researching on the internet and then our home PC monitor died yesterday so I told her I'd register and log on today from work to see what information I could find. This website is a tremendous resource, I'm grateful for it!
Ron
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:43 pm

Still looks like the pregnancy could go either way. Many of us looked one to two weeks behind when they found the pregnancy was viable. In fact, we've come to realize, this can be fairly common.

I hope you are able to share some good news with us soon.
Kay

Postby alliemich » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:31 am

not only is my name allison.....but my bloodwork hasn't been supportive and neither have my 3 ultrasounds. the dr has diagnosed m/c and i am going in for another appt i called and demanded for today in 1 hour. i am holding out for a miracle and i am hoping this is a sign that we share the same name and similar situation. God does work in mysterious ways and i am praying he will use me now! :H
allison
alliemich
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby alliemich » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:32 am

just noticed on your story my 1st appt was my birthday too!! and it is march 13 today and your story happened in march as well. please be a wonderful sign!!!!! :H
allison
alliemich
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories