Misdiagnosed blighted ovum - found baby at 8 weeks

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Misdiagnosed blighted ovum - found baby at 8 weeks

Postby barbyqt11 » Fri May 06, 2005 4:19 pm

hi everyone i would like to tell all of you to please make sure you get several u/s before you agree to a d&c. i was told by my doctor at 6 weeks that i had what he reffered to as an empty sac. i came home sad and scared not knowing what to do. well i got online and searched and found this great website that gave me all the support and education i needed to decide that i wanted another u/s done. well i went in today 5/6 at 8 weeks pregnant and i was overjoyed to see my little babies heart beat... please don't lose faith and make sure you get several repeat u's's before you accept the diagnosis of a blited ovum....
barbyqt11
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Fri May 06, 2005 4:35 pm

Barby, I am just so thrilled for you and so happy you got to see that beautiful :heart: . Just shows, the diagnosis of miscarriage is not alway 100% definite and thank God for that!!!

Kay :heart:

:jive: :jive: :jive:
Kay

Postby mommyldj » Fri May 06, 2005 5:15 pm

That is so wonderful. It just shows that doctor's can be wrong. You are so blessed. Belly rubs to you!!!
mommyldj
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby hbeckflorida » Sat May 07, 2005 11:38 am

Yes :yay: :yay: Good for you! I have a very similar story. I had an empty sack, slow rising HCG levels and was told I was going to miscarry. Then, went in a week later, found the baby and hearbeat. Going in this Tuesday for another u/s so hopefully i can see my precious baby again... How are your HCG levels? just curious...
hbeckflorida
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby mamaswan » Sat May 07, 2005 12:16 pm

I am so happy for you ladies. Without all of these stories of hope, I don't know what would happen ! Iam always so pleased to see stories that work out this way. Even though I myself was not so fortunate, reading these stories gave me hope , and without that hope I know I would have been very lost indeed. I think for every correct diagnosis there has to be a misdiagnosis, and without all of the info on this site, many of us would just blindly accept our doctor's diagnosis. Knowledge is power, and I know this site is empowering to many, many women.

Congratulations on your little beans! I am anxious for updates!!
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
Danika
Mom of Olivia 6/16/96
Quinn 4/22/99 and Jake 2/10/03 and the long awaited
Sam 12/20/06
mamaswan
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories