99% risk of miscarriage Totally Misdiagnosed

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

99% risk of miscarriage Totally Misdiagnosed

Postby River » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:27 pm

Here is my story. I had an ultrasound at 5 weeks, 3 days (because I had some bleeding) All there was at that time was a sac (measuring 4 weeks 6 days) and a yolk. They said no biggy. Come back in one week and you can see the heartbeat. I went back in at 6 weeks 3 days (and the lady got all concerned because the sac measured 5 weeks, 5 days) and there was no heartbeat or fetal pole. She goes and gets the doctor and he starts writing out a prescription (for pain meds...) Um okay...And he proceeds to tell me to prepare to miscarry. I was in shock and said what are my chances? He then said probably 99% I would miscarry but they had seen miracles so he asked me to come back in a few days. Meanwhile I was having HCG taken (and it was doubling every 96 hours which is normal) I asked the doctor too why my levels were good if I was miscarrying. He said and I quote "it could be ectopic." Well to make a long story short I went in another time at 6 weeks 6 days (still no heartbeat but I got a fetal pole) And then today the miracle occured. I went in at 7 weeks, 4 days and we saw a heartbeat (perfect at 140bpm) I asked them how come they misdiagnosed me and they replied with I must be a super late implanter. So ladies do not give up hope unless there is no heartbeat after 8 weeks. Doctors are wrong a lot. Yay for me and baby!! 8)O B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B)
Last edited by River on Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
River
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby confusedbecky » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:34 pm

Great news! Your story would be of great encouragement for alot of ladies seeking advice and answers. :)8

becky
confusedbecky
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby april1979 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:16 pm

Great news!!! Please keep us posted on your pregnancy!!!
april1979
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby tvaites » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:22 pm

Congrats!! :P :P

It's always shocking to hear and see how quickly the majority of the medical community dooms a pregnancy. Just think of how many beans out there never got their chance because a doctor ordered a D&C too soon.

So glad you followed your heart. Enjoy your miracle!
Theresa in South Jersey
Ryan 11/04 - He's Two Already!
Angel Baby 3/20/06 (8 weeks)
Angel Baby 9/16/06 (5.5 weeks)
Crossing my fingers for Baby #4 due 7/17/07!!!
tvaites
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby River » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:10 am

It makes me angry at doctors. Just because 75% of women can see a heartbeat at exactly 6 weeks (doesn't mean the rest of us should be thrown into the miscarriage loss). I am posting my story everywhere. If this saves one woman from getting a D&C before 8 weeks, good! ps. i am so happy still--thanks you guys for your support!!!! :)8
River
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:59 pm

A super late implanter or you just looked behind like so many women. Doctors...sigh...

Anyhow, congratulations. I am so glad you waited this out and so happy that you have your little one. Congratulations and thanks so much for sharing your awesome news. I guarantee many women will read your story and take comfort because they are in the same boat so on behalf of all of them, thank you!
Kay

Postby charlenes1 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:19 pm

To God be the Glory!!!! Congratulations, it's such a joy to hear good news on here. Personally I will go back to old ways and not even get an ultra till 20wks. and listen for the heartbeat with doppler. That's why I love midwives - they don't get into all this scientific stuff as much. may you have a blessed pregnancy and enjoy every moment - Blessings Abundant, ~Charlene~
For this child I prayed; and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of Him.
1 Samuel 1:27
charlenes1
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Tanikit » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:33 am

Thanks for sharing that story. Early scans obviously are unreliable and I hope mine will be too - I saw only a gestational sac today which the doctor said looks like about 6 weeks (I worked out I am 5 weeks pregnant and 0 days today) but no foetus or yolk sac. I will go back in two weeks time - thanks for giving me hope while I wait. I get my hcg results tomorrow.
Tanikit
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby HBG » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:51 am

That's a great story of hope (which I really needed). Regarding late implantation, is it necessary to have bleeding? I am just beginning my 7th week. I haven't had any spotting at all, just some mildcramping in the beginning. At my us last week (6w5d) they only saw yolk sak and beg. of fetal pole but no h.b. The doc said she would have liked to see more, but not to worry just yet. I'm going back for 2nd transvaginal us on wed. I'm hoping things a bit behind b/c I had late implantation. I'm quite confident about o and conception date.
HBG
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories