Christmas Miracle, Story of Hope

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Christmas Miracle, Story of Hope

Postby mom2jenmae » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:03 pm

I found this site last week as we were waiting for another ultrasound after a probable BO diagnosis with our 3rd pregnancy (2 healthy daughters with worry-free pg) This site gave me such hope when the outllook was not good. Here is my story: LMP was 10-19-06, started spotting on 12-4-06 (6w, 4d) went to dr, U/S saw small sac with nothing, dr states it looks that sac is only 4 weeks, HcG and progesterone levels were taken on 12-4-06 and 12-6-06, lab called 12-7-06, states HcG levels were doubling and to call back with any concerns. Prog levels were never mentioned. Dr calls on 12-11-06, concerned about prog level of 7.5. 2nd U/S done on 12-12-06, still only a sac (but sac was growing), nothing in sac, no yolk, no baby. Prog meds were started and we were told to wait a week and do another U/S. Over weeks time, pregnancy symptoms were getting stronger, I played it off as side effect of prog meds. Today we went for 3rd U/S where I should be 8w, 6 days. What a miracle, we saw baby with a heartbeat of 115. My husband and I were crying, the nurse was crying, WOW! I am only measuring 6w 5d. My dates were off and could be that prog meds helped along the way, too. We choose to believe that God has a miraculous plan for this baby and our lives. We had already decided b/c of this site to wait until 10-12 weeks to have a D/C. Never underestimate the power of prayer and waiting!! Merry Christmas!!
mom2jenmae
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby charlenes1 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:10 pm

What a blessing! Not only for you but for me also. I am at a point where we are not sure where this pregnancy is going and we are resting in His hands. My friend said I should stop reading from this website but I told her I get so blessed and encouraged every time I read. I know in my heart that whatever the Lord wills for this baby of mine is OK and Oh, how happy I am to hear all the ways His hands are moving in peoples lives. So, I will continue to read and pray and hope. May your pregnancy continue wonderfully and may you have a wonderful CHRISTmas. ~Charlene~
charlenes1
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Meg » Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:47 pm

Praise the Lord and congratulations. You are truly an inspiration and a fine example on how both prayer and time can make all the difference in the world. Please keep us posted thruogh out your pregnancy, I'll be glad to answer any maternity type questions for you if you need to ask.
Merry Christmas and God Bless
Meg
Mother of Five Sons
Survivor of 3 Miscarriages by the Grace of God
Meg

Postby DaniMarie » Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:05 pm

What a great christmas present. Congratulations. I pray that the rest of your pregnancy is just perfect.
Danielle
*Skylar born 4-25-05
Into the arms of God
*Cameran m/c 10/05
*Lessa born 1-26-07 6lbs 2oz
DaniMarie
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

HELP!

Postby livey » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:06 pm

First, let me say you are ALL brave women & this site has been a big comfort to me over the last 2 plus weeks.

On 2/5/09( 9 weeks) I went in for an ultrasound (never before did I have an early u/s with my other 2 children) I saw the fetus, the fetal pole & yolk sack but the tech & radiologist said there was no heartbeat. My OB recommended a D&C but my husband & I have been trying for 2 years & we decided to wait for it to happen naturally. I have had NO bleeding No cramping NO spotting. I started to wonder if my dates were off...as per my ovulation tracking I would have only been 7 weeks, not nine. I could tell my OB was getting concerned so I had an HCG done 2 days ago & it was 28,000. She then sent me for another u/s & this time he said I have a blighted ovum. Can this be possible...???? Now, not to see ANY fetus & not to have ANY symptoms of miscarrying?? I am VERY confused but will continue to wait...I am getting ANOTHER opinion as next week I will be 10 weeks. (according to my ovulation)

I need some advice!
livey
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Blighted Ovum

Postby nenasangel » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:38 am

Here is the link to the American Pregnancy Associations definition of a Blighted Ovum. The embryo never develops. My daughter had one last June and went through a terrible ordeal which ended up with 3 different procedures. She is now 12 weeks and 3 days pregnant with twins. I hope this helps and if you ovulate late or a late implanter this could explain them not seeing a heartbeat. From what I've read as long as your not running a fever, or have excessive bleeding (feel a pad in one hour) or excessive pain in the abdomen, it's ok to wait it out. There are many ladies on here who can give you a lot of support. There have been many ladies told the same thing with positive outcomes. Do you have a tilted uterus? I've heard this can cause babies to show behind. I will be praying for you and your family. Oh and here's the link:
http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregna ... dovum.html
Hoping & Praying
nenasangel
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby lw8843 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:44 am

Did you go to the same place for the 2nd ultrasound? I am wondering if the equipment wasn't as strong as the 1st. Do you have a tilted uterus? That can make it hard to see thing and can give wrong dates. It is possible to m/c without any bleeding if your bory reasorbs the baby/pregnancy. It is not a common thing but it does happen. Do youstill have pregnancy symptoms? Many times in m/c people will still have them but nt as strong as before. I will be praying for a good out come for this next week.
~Laura~ DH Jacob
DD Haylee October 20th 2006
DD Hannah August 12th 2009
EDD~7/1/2011
Angel babies #1 March 21st 2008-D&C 6 weeks #2 August 20th 2008 12.5 weeks
lw8843
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories