DON'T GIVE UP HOPE! My so-called 'unviable' pregnancy...

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

DON'T GIVE UP HOPE! My so-called 'unviable' pregnancy...

Postby RayRay » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:10 pm

...has turned out to be a healthy little blobby baby of 7 and a half weeks, with a good little heart beat.

They told me that it was probably not a viable pregnancy last time I was scanned, because they could not see a fetal pole, BUT it was just too early. I was in a complete state and praying every day and crying (in between throwing up). I was told not to 'get my hopes up'. Please anyone reading this, keep your hopes up and don't let them tell you things at around 5/6 weeks, as it is way too early.

They said my sack was about 6 weeks last time...and they were wrong, so bare in mind they only human and make mistakes!! Baby may just be hiding or may decided that it doesn't want to grow according to a text book, but according to it's own soul!!

Wishing everyone on this forum positivity adn good baby vibes,

RayRay xxxxx E>
RayRay
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Same Thing

Postby browngirl24 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:22 pm

You should have seen my face when the doctor said that my sac was there but empty. I had never in my life heard of anything so crazy (although I know that it is real) but I still couldn't believe it and neither could my family.....they shook their heads and said "What?!!! That sounds stupid!!" But I did educate them on the condition that exist but based on the stories on this site, the baby is just not visible. I have two children (5 and 3) and with them both, I never went for an ultrasound right away. They say that some people with M/S issues should go (I agree) but with no pain, bleeding or discomfort, I should have not been screened that early but according to my period (8/20), I would have been 10-12 weeks on 10/21 when she said I had an empty sac but come to find out......I was 7 wks 5 days on 11/1 which made me about 5wks on 10/21...so my munchkin was too small to see!!!! B)

So I am glad for you....and next time...maybe next time if I can handle three children and I choose to have one more, I am not going for the u/s so early.....I do have that right! And with nine months gestation....there is PLENTY of idle time to get an u/s (at least for me....because I do have healthy pregnancies). I only say that because that two week wait between the second u/s and blood work.....I was literally so close to the edge :l and I can't do that again :(
CryHugsKisses
browngirl24
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:49 am

Thank you so much for sharing your good news!!! I am just so happy for you.

I am so frustrated with doctors who even suggest the possibility of a blighted ovum before eight weeks. They stress out so many women and if a woman does indeed have a blighted ovum, she needs to wait it out anyway to be sure.

:)O to you. I am thrilled
Kay

Postby Lovinmom » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:48 am

I am so happy for you! What good news this is! How relieved you must be! I also agree about not getting too early of an u/s. In fact some researchers have concerns regarding too many early u/s and its affect on the growing fetus even though studies show them to be safe. http://www.askdrsears.com/html/1/T011800.asp#T011806

For this reason, I decided with my last pregnancy to not get an u/s until 10 weeks. I was going to wait longer, but I had a sneaky feeling I had twins and wanted to know so that I could take good care of myself. The u/s tech thought she was going to shock me, but I was not surprised at all! :)

Anyhow, congratulations! Thank you so much for sharing with us! I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Lovinmom E>
3 angel babies in Christ's loving arms/ one possible misdiagnosis
47 yr. mom to boy twins 5 yrs., dd 18 yr. and 9 yr. Baby Michael Josiah born 6/23/08
This post for educational purpose. For diagnosis, treatment, and advice, consult a doctor.
Lovinmom

Postby Snelson » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:30 pm

Thank you for giving me hope... Congrats to you on your precious little one!
Snelson
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Lady M » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:16 pm

Thank you so much for sharing your stories! I am pregnant with my 3rd child, and this is the first time I have ever had an ultrasound this early (first child was at 4 months, second at 14 weeks). Today they told me they could not find the baby, that I might be unviable / have an ectopic pregnancy. I spent most of today crying, but reading what you wrote gives me great hope that maybe it's just too early. I'm going in for the HGC monitoring on Tuesday. Wish me luck!
Lady M
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby MOMOF4SOONTOBE#5 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:09 pm

Lady M,
Keep us posted. I went threw the same situation. I thought I was 6 w 5 d pregnant at my first u/s they found nothing in my uterus, 5 days later a gestational sac and yolk sac were found measuring 5 w 6d, 6 days later my baby with HB were found measuring 6w 5 d. With my first u/s doctor told me there was no way this was a normal pregnancy must have miscarried or it was ectopic.
-Jennifer
Jennifer mother to:
DS age 11, DD age 8,
DD age 6, DD age 4
DS Born 6/9/08
MOMOF4SOONTOBE#5
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Lady M » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:26 pm

Finally got a call back from the doctor. So far so good on my HCG! :)8 However, I have no idea how far along I am, so I am waiting to see if I have to go through this again at my next visit in January. It just irks me that they cause you so much stress from doing these ultrasounds so early. :() With my first one, they didn't even consider doing one until you were at least 12 weeks. Thanks for all the support & sharing! E>
Lady M
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby PinkGlitter » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:21 am

Lady M, that's great news! Please do keep us posted about your situation.

I'm in a similar situation...I'm about 8 weeks with my 2nd child and upon 2 vaginal ultrasounds at 5 and 6 weeks, the gestational sac and yolk sac was seen, but no embryo. So, the doctor told me to expect a miscarriage soon....and he even recommended me to get a D&C at just 6 weeks :( ! I'll be getting another u/s at 9-10 weeks though.

It infuriates me as well when doctors do such early u/s's. It just doesn't make any sense to me. Now I can understand them doing the u/s to rule out ectopic pregnancy, but not to date the pregnancy at just 5-6 weeks as I hear that is too early with some women. My first pregnancy was fine and I didn't even get an ultrasound until around 12 weeks or so.

If I knew then what I know now, I would've never let my doctor do the u/s's this early on me because now I am worried SICK. I'm not having any cramping or bleeding or anything like that, so I'm staying positive...especially after reading through this site.

Anyway, good luck to you :)

Amber
PinkGlitter
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories