I was told I would lose my son at 8 weeks, He is Here!!!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

I was told I would lose my son at 8 weeks, He is Here!!!

Postby blaqueangel » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:43 pm

Hi Ladies!!! I wanted to share my story with you all and whoever wanted to read because I had been through soo many miscarriages and I thought another one would kill me!

I woke up one morning in November with horrible cramps. I had to walk to the restroom stooped over. I could hardly stand, so I just sat on the floor of the restroom until I could steady myself. I felt a gush when I sat and went to the potty to find a lot of bleeding. I knew I was losing the baby. I didn't know what to think, I didn't want to scare my husband because we had just been through two miscarriages within a 5 month period but I woke him up anyways and we went to the ER.

They did a slew of tests. The ultrasound tech did not say anything of course, she just said good luck. (She knew who I was due to the previous miscarriages) I prayed that we wouldn't lose the baby then the doc came to talk to me and my mother. He said that I would probably lose the baby. He said in most cases it is 50/50 with cramping and bleeding but with my history it didn't look good. I cried and cried and then decided to ask him what the ultrasound results were. He told me the ultrasound showed a fetus at 7 wks 3 days, which was an entire week behind, and a HB of 172 BPM. I thought this guy is an idiot, how could I be miscarrying. He released me and my mom told me not to believe him he was a jerk. That night I continued to think about what the doc said and I had the most horrible cramps in life. I was afraid but had to wait until my 10 week appt. to see my doc. As soon as she put the probe on my tummy I saw my son with his little head moving around and his arms and legs kicking all over. He was very active and the doc said he was very healthy and she didn't know what the ER doc was talking about. She thought the HCG and HB was fine and maybe doc was just basing it on my cramps and prior history.

Don't believe everything the doc tells you. They learned from a book just like we did!!!
blaqueangel
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:48 am

My first miscarriage scare was much like yours but happened at 12 weeks and again at 17 weeks.

It just really shows, there are reasons so many people get second opinions.

Congratulations to you. Sometimes I look at my son who is now eight and remember all that. I am just so thankful for that little guy.
Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories