My Story...Long

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

My Story...Long

Postby Suzan101 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:39 am

I found out we were pregnant the day before my period was supposed to start. I felt different, I just knew I wasn't going to start. I was actually on the pill so for us to take the test was actually a joke. When it came back positive I thought that I did something wrong. So we went and got another brand. That came back positive too. I scheduled an appointment with my general doctor and he confirmed that I was pregnant. At this point we were getting excited about the baby. So I scheduled an appointment with my ob/gyn. I went and saw him on Aug 2. I calculated that I was at 6w5d from LMP. Since I was on the pill I knew exactly the date of my last period. When he did the internal u/s he said that I actually measured at 4w5d and he was concerned. He mentioned that he saw the sac but nothing inside of it. He then went on about how we can't prevent miscarriages and that I should prepare for the likelyhood that I would miscarry. He wanted me to go and get another u/s the following week. Unfortunetly we had a scheduled familiy vacation and would be out of town. My Dr. then went on to say that I should scout out the nearest hospital just in case. This scared the crap out of me. We scheduled another u/s but I was going to have to wait 2 weeks. We did take blood work that day, Wed, and then again on Friday. Monday, Aug 7 my HCG levels showed an increase which eased our minds but we were still worried about the chance of miscarring since my Dr. mentioned that my body could still just be producing the hormones.
I started to overanalyze everything, from minor cramps to everytime I went to the bathroom checking to make sure there was no blood. The other thing that scared me was that I had not had any morning sickness.
So yesterday we finally went to the u/s appointment. I should be at 8w5d. We were both nervous. Well......The technician immediatly found the baby with a strong heartbeat. 8)O . I can't tell you how relived I was to see that on the screen. I started crying right there.
I came across this site when I was running searches on the web. I've been an avid reader. I haven't posted anything I just kept reading everyone's amazing stories and kept hoping that I would soon be able to add mine. I honestly think I would have gone completely mad if I did not have this site to show me that miracles do happen. Thanks for having this site available for people to turn to.

Susan
Suzan101
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby DawnN » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:44 pm

Wonderful news! Thank you for sharing. :)8
Last edited by DawnN on Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
DawnN
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Ginpop » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:42 pm

Susan - thank you so much for sharing your story! And.............

:)8 :)8 :)8 CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! :)8 :)8 :)8
Gini - 36 with 2 boys Addison 16, Xander 5
m/c at 9 weeks 8/05 , Surprise BFP on 5/31/07! m/c twins on 6/10/07 - one ectopic
Surprise BFP again on 7/31/07!!! OMG!
3/28/08 - Riley Emerson was born (finally)
Ginpop
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:04 am

Susan, wonderful news.

Yes, doctors just bring us such 'peace', don't they?

I am so glad your story turned out the way it did. Please keep us updated.

:)8 :P :)8
Kay

Postby Zinnia » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:30 pm

Susan 101, thank you for sharing your story. I too came across this website in an effort to find answers to my blited ovum at 6w 4d. I was prepared to have a D & C a week following until I found this site. I am now 8w 3d, just waiting until I miscarry, or until I'm at least 9w I will request another u/s. Your story is similar to mine so you've given hope that there may be a miracle for me too! :H
Zinnia
mother of 3
Zinnia
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:45 am

Zinnia, praying for you.

(((hugs)))
Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories