6w B/O? UPDATE: MISDIAGNOSED

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

6w B/O? UPDATE: MISDIAGNOSED

Postby lola » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:59 pm

I found out i was pregnant just this past weekend- home test was positive, went in to get blood test got results:positive hcg level 16,177 that was on monday.tues i went for an ultrasound d/t pain...cause: a cyst. they wanted to confirm tht my pregnancy was not etopic, but upon examination tech found gestational sac, and yolk sac, but no fetal pole- thus no heartbeat. I am very worried. I figured i was 4 weeks but the tech says my g-sac indicates: 6 weeks and 2days...which she kept repeating we should see at least the fetal pole by now.
I changed doctors so i cannot compare my new hgc level with the old because they said different hospitals totally different tests..
Has anyone ever measured further along than they thought? anyone have any suggestions for me?
I am so sad..
Lola 8:O
lola
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby kellymarie00 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:42 pm

It is sooo early for you. Some people on here don't see a heart beat until 9 weeks. 6 weeks is a general rule of thumb as to when you should see the heartbeat but every baby is different. You still have lots of hope :)

They should repeat an U/S on you in 1 week.
kellymarie00
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby lola » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:14 pm

thank you. :) i am trying to have confidence in Our Lord, but it is soooo tough
lola
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby lola » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:00 pm

My 2nd u/s and hcg is scheduled for wednesday, so i shall update on here when i learn something. until then i pray i see some good news, and for also for everyone else waiting!
waiting is so hard, esp when you have a naiive husband :*(
lola
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Lovinmom » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:43 am

Lola,

I am so sorry that you are going through this. I know how tormenting it is! I hope that you get some good news. You are sooo early. I really think it is too early for this pregnancy to be doomed. You could have ovulated and/or implanted late. I personally wouldn't trust a diagnosis until the minimum of 10 weeks. Even with that, if I got bad news, I would want to wait another few weeks before even considering anything. It is best though if you can miscarry naturally if that is to occur. D&C's have the risk of over scraping the uterus which can cause more problems down the road for pregnancy - ashermans.com. People I know who miscarried naturally, went on to conceive more quickly than those who had a D&C.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you! Big hugs!!!!!

Lovinmom E>
3 angel babies in Christ's loving arms/ one possible misdiagnosis
47 yr. mom to boy twins 5 yrs., dd 18 yr. and 9 yr. Baby Michael Josiah born 6/23/08
This post for educational purpose. For diagnosis, treatment, and advice, consult a doctor.
Lovinmom

Postby lola » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:30 am

Thank you Lovingmom! I am going to the hospital today for the u/s, please keep me in your prayers! im sooooo scared!
:H praying for God's Will to coincide with myown :*(
lola
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby shelley75 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:57 am

I was told I would miscarry when they measured me to be 6w1d and found no fetal pole or heartbeat. one week later there was a baby and a heartbeat!! you are way to early to write this off and please keep your hopes up till you know for sure. I know the waiting is absolute torture!!!!!
me~Shelley-34 DH~ Ashley 30
Madison Paige born 9/12/00
m/c 10/02
Zoe Annelise 02/27/07
Kara Jacqueline 04/18/09
shelley75
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby lola » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:02 pm

UPDATE!!! went to ultra sound today very nice tech....she showed me my fetal pole and its heartbeat!!!!! 133beats!!! :)8 :)8 :)8 E> E> E> B) B) B) 8)O
Praise the Lord!!!! Thank you to everyone that showed me support and encouraged me not to give up!!! Thank you for this site and all its wonderful ppl! Everyone whos waiting, going through hard times, never give up hope! Its the only thing you have!

God bless you all!
I wish you all the best!
:H :H :H
lola
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby DawnN » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:45 pm

Just wanted to say thank you for posting. You've given me great hope. :) I posted on the misdiagnosed miscarriage board as I wasn't sure where to post.
DawnN
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:39 pm

Such wonderful news.

I cannot tell you how I hate when they scare women unnecessarily. Six and even seven weeks is too early to diagnose a blighted ovum. This site alone is proof of that.

Congratulations...you made my evening :)
Kay

Postby shelley75 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:31 am

:)8 :)8 :)8 :)8 yeah!!! congrats so happy for you!!

what is WRONG with these doctors!!! Why do they do this to people! ughh it makes me so mad!!

Anyways congrats again keep us updated on how you are doing.
me~Shelley-34 DH~ Ashley 30
Madison Paige born 9/12/00
m/c 10/02
Zoe Annelise 02/27/07
Kara Jacqueline 04/18/09
shelley75
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories