Slow rising hcgs and no baby=misdiagnosed BO at only 5 wks

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Slow rising hcgs and no baby=misdiagnosed BO at only 5 wks

Postby october » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:16 am

LMP was 2-10-05. Took test on 3-7-05 and postitive. Had 1st Dr. appt at 5 wks 2days because I was freaking out because of a pain in my side. He did an ultrasound and said he could just see the sac and no baby and that I might just be really early or something could be wrong. So day one he puts that into my head. He orders the Hcg test done. That day of ultrasound was 7481. Exactly 48 hours later it was 9852. But of course the last bloodwork was on a Saturday and they were not in the office Monday so Tuesday the doc calls and says according to my 1st ultrasound and bloodwork he thought it was a blighted ovum. I had to wait another week for another ultrasound. So I researched everything I could and know 5 weeks is just tooooooo early to see anything! And once the HCG levels get to 6000 or 7000 they don't double every 48 hours. I hate that doctor. The ultrasound showed a baby and heartbeat measuring exactly where it should have. He said Oh sorry about the roller coaster. I wanted to strangle him!
october
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Lark » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:49 am

:hi: Hello, October! (that sounds like a cool name for a song!)

I'm so sorry you had to experience such anxiety. We hear so many of those kinds of stories here. But thank you for sharing, because it's ladies like you that give other women hope when they have the same experience and come here looking for answers. Good luck with that little munchkin, and thank God you have a heartbeat in there!

God bless

Lark
Lark

Postby daisy15767 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:38 pm

October, I'm so glad to hear there is a perfect little baby in there...The stress and the "waiting game" are the worse!!! I can only begin to think of the 10 and thousands of thoughts that went through your head...But Please know I'll be praying for you that everything continues to go well throughout your pregnancy..
Congrats once again

Stephanie
DH: Bryan
Charlie Born 03-01-03
Angel Baby Austin 03-30-05

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
daisy15767
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories