My Misdiagnosed Miscarriage

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

My Misdiagnosed Miscarriage

Postby mdavis » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:18 am

Hi there,

My husband and I had suffered 4 years of infertility. After 2 laps and numerous failed IUI's, we decided to do IVF. We did not have great response and when the RE did the retrieval, we only had 3 eggs. Of the 3 eggs, 2 fertilized. Well, on Mother's Day we transferred the embies. I had my beta on May 24 and it was 55. On May 26, it was 98. I had a series of betas and they went to 313 and then 2063 at 5 1/2 weeks. Well, they had me come in for an ultrasound. Well, the U/S was exactly at the 6 week point. There was a gest. sack, but had no fetal pole. My Dr. told me that I was going to miscarry. He said I only had 1-2% chance of this pregnancy continuing, and if it did, it would be a miracle. I went ahead and continued the Progesterone injections until I knew for sure. A friend of mine sent me the link to this website and the stories gave my husband and I hope. At 6 1/2 weeks, my hcg shot up to 13,000 and there was a heartbeat. I am 10 weeks today and my little miscarriage has a strong heartbeat. I wanted to thank the ladies who all shared their stories and gave us the hope we needed, even after our Dr. gave up.

Maggie
mdavis
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby IbelieveinGodnotDoctors » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:30 am

:)8 :)8
IbelieveinGodnotDoctors
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories