Do you need hope before 9 weeks? Read this story of Hope!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Do you need hope before 9 weeks? Read this story of Hope!

Postby prayin4you » Sat May 27, 2006 9:02 pm

At the end of April I found out that I was pregnant. May 6th I went to the er because I was bleeding and feared I was miscarrying.
They took my blood, did an exam, and did an ultrasound. The ultrasound showed two empty sacs. Double blighted ovum. My hcg was around 25,000, which was normal I guess. They told me that I would miscarry and feel pregnant until that time. Meanwhile I scheduled to see my doctor. He did an ultrasound for himself on the 12th. I was exactly six weeks along. This time the ultrasound showed only one empty sac. Still looked like a blighted ovum. The doctor told me to expect to miscarry. Although he believes in God he told me that some things are just hard for God and one is making a baby. He said the "sac" was easy to create but the baby is harder. My hcg 38,000. Still going up and still good.

:*(

I went home mourning. I was depressed and prepared myself for the worse. Losing a baby is the hardest thing I have ever been through in my life. I felt like my life was being sucked from my body.

My third ultrasound was on the 24th. I was nearly nine weeks along. As the doctor walked in the room before starting the ultrasound he said, "It will be a miracle from God if we see a baby today."

I said, "God can do that, if he wants to." You see, I really believe in the power of prayer. Not because we are such righteous people and we pray so perfectly. No, but prayer moves the heart of God!

The doctor started the ultrasound transvaginally (they were all done transvaginally). Instantly I saw a baby!!!!!!!!!! I spoke before anyone else in the room. "I know I'm pretty hopeful, but isn't that a baby?"

:)8

He said, "It sure looks like it." He kept looking and kept making comments like, "This is a miracle." "This is incredible." "WOW." He was honestly amazed. Apparently he had never seen something like this before.

B)

He said the heart sounded good.

So, where had my baby been for the weeks before my ninth? He didn't have an answer for that.

There are some things the medical proffesion simply can't explain. They don't know everything.

I had been told that I have a titled uterus and many woman on this site said that they did as well and later saw a baby after they didn't for several weeks. So, maybe that has something to do with it....maybe not. I don't know. The doctor said it doesn't.

My only message is.....HOLD ON. PRAY PRAY PRAY.

There were days in those three weeks that I wanted to go ahead and get the D&C just to end the emotional pain and move on. There were days when I just wanted to throw in the towel. There were many days that hope was very very far away. KEEP HOPE until you have to let go. Don't believe what they tell you. They are wrong sometimes. The wait is worth it and woman from this site are essential to the journey. I found hope and blessing here. :)O<
prayin4you
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby marley » Sat May 27, 2006 9:20 pm

:)8
i can't wait to hear more updates
praise the lord
marley
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Mom In Waiting » Sat May 27, 2006 10:11 pm

:)8 :P B) Absolutey a wonderful testimony to the Sovereignty of God and to the Power of Prayer :H !!!! I am so happy for you and so moved by the impact this has made on your dr.!!! I will definitely keep you and that lil miracle baby in my prayers, keep us updated!!! Congratulations!!! Cyndi E>
Angel Baby #1 6/00 (10wks)
Angel Baby #2 1/01 (12wks)
Birth of Samuel Lee 7/26/02!!!!
Angel#3 "Jeremy" 11/04 (17wks)
Alicia Kathryn Born 7/6/06!!!!!
Mom In Waiting

Postby babynurse » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:31 pm

It gives me hope to read some of the posts on here. I am currently 6 weeks 3 days preg. I have had 2 ultrasounds that show a gest. sac and yolk sac, but no fetal pole or heartbeat. I have a 4 y.o. son and my husband and I have tried to get pregnant this time off and on for a year and a half. We were so excited when we found out, we told everyone. Now, it makes it so much harder. I started spotting on May 2nd which was 5 wks and 5 days. My HCG levels seemed to rising appropriately, so this gave me some hope. Then I had another u/s today and it still only showed a gest. and yolk sac with no fetal pole. My doc did my pap smear and exam today and found a polyp on my cervix, which could explain the spotting. I am to have another U/S on Monday, which will make me 7weeks and 2 days. I am praying that we will see something then. I am trying to put it all in Gods hands. I am so glad that I found this site, because it does give me much more hope.
[/b]
Lori
babynurse
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Magoo2002 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:03 pm

Prayin4you ~ I am so glad to hear how well things are developing for you and your little bean! Your story caught my attention as I am also from Central Illinois, and I know that the level of ob/gyne care here is way below where it should be.

You see, back in 2004 I became pregnant and carried my little bean until 7 wks 4 days, at which time my (former) gyne doc told me my gest. sac was not growing anymore, and its yolk sac had continued to grow w/out any evidence of a fetal pole. She persuaded us to go through with an immediate d&c, with the intent of performing genetic testing afterwards to find out what had happened. Unbelieveably, though, my gyne messed up on ordering the fetal genetic testing and instead ordered it on me! 8:O So, we will never know what really happened, and that's why I frequent this website...perhaps, most of all, to read stories like yours that are so positive and hopeful! :)

I will be praying for YOU - and for all those here on this site who are expecting - that God blesses you all with beautiful, healthy babies!!
Magoo2002
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Mom In Waiting » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:51 pm

babynurse/Lori,
I'd still hold out hope, as you are still very early on w/ those u/s's. I went in at 6wks 4days and all they could find was a sac, nothing else. I was told to come back in 2wks (8wks) and they only did an abdominal u/s and there was my baby w/ a strong heartbeat right away. I hope and pray that this is the case for you. Many gals do see something earlier, but many do not yet their baby is there all along. Please keep us posted and try to keep up your faith (hard as it may be). Hugs, Cyndi
Angel Baby #1 6/00 (10wks)
Angel Baby #2 1/01 (12wks)
Birth of Samuel Lee 7/26/02!!!!
Angel#3 "Jeremy" 11/04 (17wks)
Alicia Kathryn Born 7/6/06!!!!!
Mom In Waiting

Postby yetty » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:09 pm

Dear praying4u,
what a testimony!.All glory to God! :)8 :P B)

Dear Lori,
it's not over till it's over,remembering you in my prayers :H .It is well!

E> Yetty
yetty
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

losing hope-baby stop growing???

Postby carinanatalie » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:11 pm

My name is Karina I had my 4th ultra-sound with the US technician about 3 weeks ago (5/22) to be exact. The technician was able to find the fetus and said it was 5 weeks 4 days and also saw a possible fetal pole and to come back in 10 days. I ended up changing doctors and they were not able to get me in till June 21. Well today I was spotting, seemed like (old blood) and rushed to the doctor's office. There I had another US and was told that I have 2 sacs, I was suprised since 3 weeks ago there was only one. One of the sacs was empty an the other had the yolk sac and a fetal pole, but we could not see the baby. The nurse practioner said that I looked like I was about 5 weeks, but I dont understand it if that was I was told around 3 weeks ago. Well, my husband and I saw something flickering, the Nurse practictioner said it was probably my pulse. I was confusioned, it looked like a heart beat, but I still could not picture where the baby was. I am so worried that my baby stopped growing at 5 weeks 4 days. In looking at the fetal developement charts the baby should be the size of a strawberry at 8 weeks. My husband and I have lost hope and we believe that our baby stopped growing and went to heaven. I had some blood drawn for another HCG test, hopefully my levels increase. Has anyone heard of such a thing? Why did one day I have one sac and the next day I have 2? Is a Fetal pole the same thing as a pulse? Has anyone ever spotted with "old blood?" I cant understand all this, I feel great I have good no pain, just very "sleepy."
Keepingmyhopesup
1 daughter 7 years old 7/19/98
carinanatalie
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby babynurse » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:31 pm

So, I went to the doctor for another u/s today. I am supposed to be 7 weeks and 2 days now. We didnt see a heartbeat, but I am more hopeful, because we saw a fetal pole which we did not see last week. I am also measuring at 5 weeks and 5 days and last week I was measuring 4weeks 3 days. So, I am still hopeful that when I go next week that we will see a heartbeat. God is bigger!!! I am learning more and more patience, which I seem to lack. :H

TO Carina,
Hold out hope!! God is bigger!! I have spotted for the last 2 weeks. I also spotted with my last pregnancy and he is a healthy 4 year old. A fetal pole is the beginning of the fetus itself. It looks like a curvature on the u/s. You can see a fetal pole and not see a heartbeat. I wish you well!! Keep us updated.
Lori
babynurse
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby pook » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:57 pm

:) :*( :*( :O 8)O 8)O 8)O
pook
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby ilyn » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:06 am

Iam still holding on to my prayers too. As all yu said they are just human too and made mistakes. So I'm relying on my prayers I know this pg was a gift from God coz we've waited for this for 5 years, and on Dec.24 we went to one of the miraculous church in our place and prayed hard for us to have a baby. Then it happened.!

Iam 6w4d now and consulted 3 doctors already. The first doctor was my doctor for 4 years, just talked to her over the phone coz we're not in our place right now. On jan.5 negative pg test and on jan.15 positive, we tested it 3 times to be sure. She said I'm 5 weeks pg.

That day also went to second doctor here in bangkok, saying I'm 5 weeks pg, give me vitamins. On jan.19 and 21 i had spotting so went to him again on jan22. Had my u/s and there was nothing found, said maybe it's an ectopic pg.

And on JAn.27 went to the third doctor, said base on my LMP 11/27 iam on my 8th week+ pg. HAd my u/s said she found a placenta like inside uterus but no baby found, so it's not an ectopic but more on molar pg.

Maybe I should rely on my first doctor because she knows my situation well. I have a retroverted uterus, Polycystic ovaries and just taking medicines to have my period and taking clomid for fertility.

I will be having my 2nd appointment to third doctor later today, hope she'll see the baby now. :H
Thanks,

ilyn
ilyn
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Do you need hope before 9 weeks? Read this story of Hope

Postby BrittBrat25 » Tue May 31, 2011 10:47 pm

[color=#00BF00]Hi everyone,
I am a 25 year female/married for 3 weeks now/every since we got a positive home pregnancy test... As soon as we found out we didn't hesitate to go and get hitched. We were estatic :P to find out we had conceived as we were both beginning to think we could not have babies. He is 33 and has never had any biological children.
[/color]

So after getting the +hpt we went to a nearby ABC Clinic where they confirmed the +hpt and did a ultrasound which measured at 5wks5days. Our second appointment was about a week later which would have made me about 6wks5days, and the ultrasound tech could only see a gestational sac...

A week earlier I went to the ER for something different and before releasing me the doctor enthusiacially informed me that my HCG (pregnancy hormone) looked GREAT AT 23,000. :) I had never even heard of HCG before then but I felt good that she said mines looked GREAT...

Back at my Ob/gyn they told me that they were 38,000. This was a week after the ER visit and I had no clue that HCG were suppose too double every couple of days.

The nurse told me that I would need to come back 2 days later to have my blood drawn again. 2 days later they were 48,000, but they were not doubling only going up.

They then scheduled me for another ultrasound a week later...But, I took it upon myself to go and see another Dr. At the new doctor they drew blood and told me to come back in 2 weeks for an ultrasound. 2 days later the new Dr called me to inform me that my HCG levels looked really good at 46,000. I was devastated. :*(

I figured that two days later I had another scheduled ultrasound with the old doctor and I wanted to keep that appointment because with this situation occuring I have started to live for ultrasounds. The ultrasound still showed only a sac nothing else.... I broke down into tears... :*(

The doctor said I had a blighted ovum. :*( She also mentioned that I had cysts on my right ovary, which looked like I had Invitro fertilization. I informed her that I never used Invitro and she said that the cysts come and go on their own and are nothing to worry about. They also looked for the baby in my tubes and it's not there...

They didn't mention a D&C they just told me that I should expect to see some bleeding and that my body would start to miscarry. :*(

Before I left they drew blood once again and told me that if it starts to get too painful to seek medical attention at my nearby Emergency Room... :*(

I was just wondering if there is any ray of hope for me in my future... :sos I should be around 9wks now if I'm not off with my dates. I just want to see my precious baby's heartbeat. That would mean the world to me.

I know that prayer will change things and that faith the size of a mustard seed will move mountains. :H :H :H But I just need to be encouraged by someone who has dealt with this sort of situation because family and friends have never even heard of it and neither did I until now...
BrittBrat25
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby thebest777 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:53 pm

WOW I GOTTA TELL U THAT UR STORY TOUCHED MY HEART AND GAVE ME HOPE.
MY ULTRASOUND SHOWS I'M CARRYING TWINS, 7 WEEKS, AND THE DR COULDN'T DETECT ANY HEARTBEAT. I'M PRAYING TO GOD AND HOLDING ON TO HIS PROMISES. THE DR'S GAVE ME NO HOPE AT ALL. IN FACT THE CASE MANAGER WANTED ME TO TAKE A PILL TO ADVANCE THE MISCARRIAGE I SAID NO, AMA WAIT I'M A BELIEVER. SO NEXT WEEK I'M HAVING MY NEXT AND LASTULTRASOUND. IM BLESSED TO KNOW THAT GOD IS DOING SOMETHING IN OUR LIFES.
thebest777
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby BrittBrat25 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:15 pm

[color=#FF4000]Thebest777
Hi,keep us updated on your situation

i'm still holding on to hope and faith and prayer for my wee one... I've turned down every procedure and every doctor who gave me a blighted ovum diagnoses... Im working on trying to find Dr. number 5 now and I still havn't had the 1st miscarriage symptom and it's been a month. This blighted ovum diagnoses has made me have a very blighted life for 9 and 1/2 weeks now but I havn't given up and I won't until God shows me what he has in his will for me and this pregnancy. (Miscarriage or Healthy Baby) Only God knows and Im just waiting patiently on him...
[/color]
BrittBrat25
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby prayerworks83 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:49 pm

Wow for that doctor to say that it's hard for God to create babies?? That's just wrong! I've been diagnosed with blighted ovum. Im supposed to be 7 weeks pregnant, my sac is 10mm with nothing in it not even a yolk sac. My hcg levels are 6700 on 04/09, rising very slowly, and to top it off im spotting brown blood and passing some clots. I had mc in Feb of this year and it happened naturally at home, passed everything but had enormous cramps and Ypain with that. I came home crying yesterday due to the diagnosis, and the doctor and nurses are preparing me for an inevitable mc. However, i believe in the power of prayer and the power of God. There is absolutely nothing He can't do! Even if he just thought it, it will happen. Im waiting for my miracle. Im not opting for surgery or medicinal aid to quicken passing this 'blighted ovum'. I will not give up hope until God says it's time to let go... Thank u for your story. It surely has given me more hope.
prayerworks83
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby kentif2010 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:44 pm

God is Able Yes God is Able. I believe with all my heart and soul that this pregnacy is going to prove the Dr.s Wrong, I believe God is using me to be a testimony to other women that are going through what I am going through now. This has been a ride you hear me. I went to church on June 3 and I was asked to do devotion and I was asked this 5 minutes before service began. I was like okay God what is it that you will have me to say to your people. I sung the song Jesus is on the main line tell him what want. I read from the book of Ecclesiastes chapter 3 where it starts off To every thing there is a season. I then prayed and part of the prayer was thanking God for the gift that he had put inside of me. I went to the drugstore after church and bought a pregnancy test. It came back positive and since I know that I am a high risk during pregnancy for numerous reasons I left a message on my caseworkers answering machine asking for an appt with the dr. asap. I got a call that Monday with an appt that Tuesday had bloodwork and urine test done. I should have been 4 weeks 2days pregnant. I began to have spotting that night which made me panic. That wednesday there was still spotting. I went to the er and they did bloodtest and vaginal ultra sound. HCG was only 52 and nothing on u/s still early but since I have a history of miscarriage 5 that I know of and a live birth the end result of twin girls very beautiful I assumed that I had a miscarriage. That Saturday I felt pregnant still and went out and bought a pregnancy test took it it was positive. Went to the er to confirm. They still saw nothing but hcg was 152. It had more than doubled in 72 hrs. On that Monday the lady from the high risk clinic called me in to do my 1st appt with the high risk dr. I went the very next afternoon. The doctor was like do you really think you are pregnant I was like yes. He said well when you went to your primary care dr your hcg was only 39. I told him how I had had spotting and went to the er on last Wednesday and Saturday and how my levels were doubling and according to the charts were in range. He said well you have low progesterone and this may have caused your previous miscarriages. O and when I went to the er on both times they said I had a tilted uterus had no idea what that meant until yesterday anyway let me continue with my testimony. I asked the dr if prescribing me progesterone would help he didn't think so. Anyway he ordered a bloodtest and asked me to come back on Friday. I told the Dr. that I believed that I was pregnant and was carrying a boy. He too the dr is A God fearing man. He said I hope this works out for you. I went back that Friday my numbers had doubled again 373. I asked him could he please give me some progesterone so that I could feel that I had done all that I could to save my baby. At that time my progesterone had gone from 4.4 to 6.4 still low but he went ahead and prescribed the progesterone to me. I also started taking a baby asprin about 1 wk and a half before finding out I was pregnant just had a feeling I guess. I started the prometrium and was asked to come back to the dr that Tuesday. Got a call the dr was sick and wasn't going to be in. They did want me to come in and have bloodwork that day. I did and called the nurse that Thursday my numbers had risen to 2199. I was like thank you Jesus!!!! I went to the Dr. on yesterday dr was like do you want to do an ultrasound I was like yes. I got a little disapointment. The u/s dr said it doesn't look good there was a med student in there with him. The dr pressed down and my belly and saw a small yoke sack and a tiny speck, I then saw my dr. He was like honey at 7weeks 2days we should see something. Which they did see something just not what they thought they should see. Two weeks ago we couldn't even see that. The Dr being the God fearing man that he is told me to continue to do what I had been doing since I wasn't having any pain or spotting to continue the prometrium baby aspirin and prenatals and all. He then asked me did I still want blood work done. I said of course. So I will call back tomorrow to see what it is. I came on and started doing research I had already been on this site earlier because of my thinking I had had a miscarriage a few weeks ago only to learn about some women that have a tilted uterus can show two weeks behind. Now mind you that yesterday they saw a yoke sackk and a speck at 7 weeks two days pregnant and at 4 weeks 6 days pregnant they didn't see anything so something is going on. I have to go back for an ultra sound on Tuesday which will put me at 8wks 2days pregnant, I am still holding to God's unchanging Hands and waiting and believing in a Miracle. I think this is God's way of telling the dr.s yall don't know everything. God is the Head Dr. and I am letting him lead me in this journey. I will return on tomorrow with what I believe will be great news with my hcg, then I will return on next Tuesday on what I Believe will be a great u/s if I don't see the heartbeat I still won't be discouraged cause like a lot of women on here they showed to be two weeks behind until the 2nd trimester. I do believe that I will see growth. So keep me in your prayers as I will do the same thing for you guys. Just Know that we serve an Awesome and Mighty God and he can do anything. God has the very last saw so, THE WORD OF GOD ASKS WHOSE REPORT WILL YOU BELIEVE? I will believe the report of the Lord and I tell you all is well. I will return soon with GREAT NEWS!! Stay Blessed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kentif2010
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby ashleighbarbee » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:39 pm

I don't know where to post this but I need help.
I am 5 weeks pregnant. Last night about 11pm, I got out of the shower, and noticed I had started bleeding. At first it was light. And there was not any cramping. I went to the hospital just to be safe. They did a internal ultrasound and they said the baby is high up in my uterus and does not look like it is trying to come out. My hcg levels also came back high, which is great. So I went home. About 4am, I noticed a small (maybe dime sized) clear bubble when I wiped, so I popped it to see what it was, and it seems to have clear fluid in it. Does anyone know what that could have been? I'm hoping it is not the baby. I am still bleeding today and cramping, but I have not had clots. I am worried though. They did tell me that I do have a threatened miscarriage last night.

Please give me something here guys.
Thanks.
ashleighbarbee
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories