Refuses D&C's(ectopic? low hcg's/progesterone)found baby

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Refuses D&C's(ectopic? low hcg's/progesterone)found baby

Postby jeannbud » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:11 pm

:biggrin: I have been reading site for about 3 weeks now just hoping my situation could have a happy ending like other I have read. :smile: I took hpt on the 25th of march with faint positive. Went to RE on 28th hcg levels 33 very early, md calls says congratulations on the 30th levels went to 42 md says possible mc, of friday the 1st april levels went to 99 md calls says it is a tubal need to have both tubes removed :shrug: I refused stated not having pain no bleeding would just wait and monitor. :alright: I went in on monday the 4th and levels were 340 md calls says this could be a good pregnancy, (last week want to remove both tubes :distressed: ) wed the 6th u/s shows sac in uterus and levels 718 now but md says pregesterone low ( too Low) so wants to do a d/c, I once again refuse not going to hurt to wait he says no and schedules another level on the 8th goes to 1030 so didnt double says i should miscarry by next week if not u/s on the 14th schedule and u/s show sac and a fetal pole and sac had doubled, md has no explaination, still says nonviable pregancy and requests d/s I told him once again no, sends my home to miscarry :shock: as he says, and on the 20th yesturday I go for another u/s no bleeding no cramping, U/S show 6w3d fetus with a heartbeat of 120. Md still says not out of the woods but chances of m/c drop to 30% now with a hb. Next appt is with another dr. husband thinks this one has caused enough pain and suffering. I will keep you updated.
:thumbsup: I just wanted to write and thank all of the ladies that have posted and kept me sane thru these last few weeks. :cheer: I would not have been able to refuse the md suggestions without some back up from this site, reminding me everyday that the Md's are not always right and know everything. Thank you all very much.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jive:
jeannbud
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Lark » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:25 pm

Jean,

Give your hubby a great big smackeroo for his heroism!!!!! :smooches: You DEFINITELY need a new doctor, and your doctor DEFINITELY needs a new profession! What a quack! Thank God that He sent you to this site to give you the info you needed to refuse to follow your dr's advise! Remove both tubes?!?!?! You've got to be kidding! And then advising a d&c when you were still progressing? In this case you might want to file a complaint. This dr is really one of the worst I've ever heard of. But God is soooo good! I'm praying for a healthy baby for you, and an uneventful and peaceful rest of your pregnancy!

God bless

Lark
Lark

Postby Lovinmom » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:43 am

I am so happy for you! Congratulations on this wonderful news! We continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. We look forward to hearing of your progress in your pregnancy!

God bless you!

Lovinmom :heart:
Lovinmom

Postby Kay » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:55 am

Okay, forgive me a moment while I take the time to lift my jaw off the floor :shock:

First of all, this doctor needs to be reported! I am guessing you are not the first he has done this too and how many women have had their tubes removed because of his incompetence. I am guessing he has also aborted alot of viable babies that the mothers wanted.

Run, don't walk, but run far, far away from this doctor (and please send in a complaint).

Now, that that is off my chest, CONGRATULATIONS!!! :yay: Everything sounds wonderful so I'm not sure why Dr. Death there is giving you a 30% chance of miscarriage. After the heartbeat is seen it is like 5% I believe. Go see that new doctor and give us the update.

Kay :heart:
Kay

Postby BusyGirl775 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:37 pm

OMG!!! :yay: I'm sooo happy for you and a hearty congratulations to you!!! Please keep us posted of your progress.

Sending you special hugs and prayers.
Judy :heart:
BusyGirl775
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

update

Postby jeannbud » Mon May 02, 2005 11:02 pm

:smile: Just updating everyone went to md today and now have a 8 wk 4d baby with a 4 chamber beating heart and arms and legs right on schedule and hr at 160 right on target just wanted you all to know. thanks so much for being here. :yay:
jeannbud
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Mom In Waiting » Mon May 02, 2005 11:19 pm

Jean,
Welcome to the WOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOO Club!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so happy that you got to see your lil one!!! The news about the
:heart: is so exciting! Oh, I almost forgot to give you the smilie salute...
:yay: :yay: :cheer: :cheer: :jive: :jive: :biggrin: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :party: :party: :dance: :dance: :ten: :ten: :five: :five: :bananas: :bananas: !!! Sorry, but I always get carried away when I hear such good news! Ask the girls, they say I need therapy :biggrin: !
Anyway you and your precious little one have some wonderful bonding times ahead, so enjoy them, and you will remain in my prayers for a happy healthy rest of your pregnancy! Please keep us posted and can't wait to see an u/s pic of your lil bean, too. Blessings, Cyndi
Angel Baby #1 6/00 (10wks)
Angel Baby #2 1/01 (12wks)
Birth of Samuel Lee 7/26/02!!!!
Angel#3 "Jeremy" 11/04 (17wks)
Alicia Kathryn Born 7/6/06!!!!!
Mom In Waiting

Congrats!

Postby KW » Sun May 08, 2005 12:31 pm

What great news!
I'm glad you got rid of that doctor! You should post his name so no one else has a chance of going to him for the first time.

congratulations! Enjoy your pregnancy!

...KW
KW
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Sun May 08, 2005 4:50 pm

Yay!!!

:yay: :yay: :yay:

What wonderful news. You've certainly gone through a lot and now you just need to take it easy and enjoy this pregnancy and this baby.

God bless.
Kay :heart:
Kay

Postby verucasalt » Fri May 13, 2005 2:35 pm

Your story is identical to mine - except for the doctor's advice! Both my RE and OB strongly advised against a D&C and while the possibility of an ectopic pregnancy was mentioned early on based on my slowly rising HCG levels, my first ultrasound clearly confirmed that the sac was in the uterus. Even if it had been ectopic, there are several ways of taking care of the situation without removing the tubes. Sorry that you are going through this.
verucasalt
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby tnn013 » Sat May 14, 2005 2:29 am

:yay: CONGRATS ON THE BEATING HEART AND HEALTHY BABY!!!!
tnn013
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Lark » Sat May 14, 2005 1:31 pm

Jean,
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
How did I miss this? CONGRATULATIONS!!!!You showed that awful dr, didn't you?!?! Whoopie! :jive:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :ten: :ten: :ten: :five: :beat: :beat: :beat:

God bless

Lark
Lark

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories