New here - strange story to share and hoping for a happy end

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

New here - strange story to share and hoping for a happy end

Postby lia » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:21 pm

Hi,

I found this site yesterday after returning home from my first "viability us" done by my ob. I was in tears and shock having been told that the gestational sac was empty and I would need to have a D&C as soon as possible.

I couldn't understand. I was in no way prepared for that news. My betas had been great, tripling and more every 72 hours! I sat up all night scouring the internet and reading all the depressing stats on blighted ovums and women of "advanced maternal age"

This morning, I called the high risk peri who delivered my 10 month old son and asked his advice. He had me come into his office right away and preformed another us. Imagine my SHOCK to hear him say "your little one has a hb of 102"!!!!

I know I am not out of the woods yet and have a long way to go, but what a difference a day makes.

I can't begin to express my gratitude to all the ladies who shared their stories here and gave me the courage to go for a second opinion.

UPDATE
Went back to the Dr today and the baby still there and the hb is a strong 179!

Please, don't rush into any irrevocable choices. In my case ONE DAY made all the difference.

Best of luck and baby dust to you all E>
Last edited by lia on Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lia
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby april1979 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:15 pm

I am praying that all continues to go well!!! What great news!!! :)8
april1979
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Mom In Waiting » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:52 pm

Just goes to show anyone who is confronted with such a diagnosis, that some dr's jump the gun ! Waiting, although very stressful and hard to do, is well worth the wait!!!! Not all stories turn into success ones, but it's better to wait it out than to wonder 'what if' forever. I am so thrilled :P B) :)8 at your news and I hope and pray that it continues to get better and better!!! Congratualtions!!!! Cyndi E>
Angel Baby #1 6/00 (10wks)
Angel Baby #2 1/01 (12wks)
Birth of Samuel Lee 7/26/02!!!!
Angel#3 "Jeremy" 11/04 (17wks)
Alicia Kathryn Born 7/6/06!!!!!
Mom In Waiting

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories