Cervix opening at 13 weeks, told to wait to lose my twins...

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Cervix opening at 13 weeks, told to wait to lose my twins...

Postby twinsmama » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:24 pm

I am visiting this site because I am possibly suffering my second m/c in 9 months. BUT I do have a misdiagnosed story that may help someone, so I thought I'd add it. I'm hoping I'll get another miracle this time too!!

I was 10 weeks pregnant and had hyperemesis when we found out via our first u/s that we were having twins. I went from happiness to freaked out and back to happiness. By 13 weeks I started getting over my sickness and was very excited about the 2 babes I was carrying. I was back at work and noticed a little brown discharge. Not much, but DH said I should call the dr so I did. I went in and he checked my cervix and said I was more than likely going to deliver them over the weekend and obviously, they would die. He said "You won't want to see it, because they will look like little babies, so when you start bleeding or having contractions, go to the ER" I was devastated! I cried and prayed and threw up all weekend. I went back on Monday and he said nothing had changed, he could still put a fingertip in my cervix and to just wait. I begged for him to sew my cervix shut and he said he would not do it until I had lost these babies and then could diagnose me with an incompetent cervix. The next day I called the office and asked for a different doc. She called me back and I cried and cried and told her I just couldn't lose these babies, knowing they are healthy and normal. She had me come right in and said if I needed it, she would sew the cervix shut. However, she said that the inner osk of my cervix was shut, it was just the outer osk that was open. So I was sent to a high risk doc and he said there was no "tunneling" inside the cervix and that as long as there isn't, I won't actually dialate. I ended up carrying the girls to 34 weeks and delivered them via c-section. They were perfect and they still don't know what was wrong with my cervix. I hope this gives you some hope!! I keep holding on to this story as I wait for the outcome of my current situation! GL!
twinsmama
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Mom In Waiting » Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:15 pm

Wow, what an inspiring story! I am so happy for the outcome of your lil' twins! How old are they now? (Boys, girls???)
I am so sorry for your other loss, and I hope and pray that things turn around for you on this pregnancy. Please keep us posted on how you are doing? p.s. How far along was your last m/c and how far along are you now? hugs, Cyndi
Angel Baby #1 6/00 (10wks)
Angel Baby #2 1/01 (12wks)
Birth of Samuel Lee 7/26/02!!!!
Angel#3 "Jeremy" 11/04 (17wks)
Alicia Kathryn Born 7/6/06!!!!!
Mom In Waiting

Postby twinsmama » Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:24 pm

My twins will be 4 in June and they are girls, Hana & Claire.

My last m/c was in July and I was about 5 weeks along. This time I am 7w2d. I wouldn't have thought anything was wrong except they did an early u/s this time because of the last m/c. They just don't see a heartbeat and he said the sac is shrinking and measuring smaller (like 5w4d). This site is really inspirational, that's why I thought I'd share my misdiagnosed story. I was a MESS back then with my twins. I remember laying on the couch and crying for days, hoping for a miracle. SO extremely thankful that I did! :H
twinsmama
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Mom In Waiting » Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:30 pm

I understand your worry this time around since what they have told you, but I'd hold out hope (which seems like you are due to what you have already been thru in the past), as some gals here did not see a heartbeat til they were 9wks or more. I am a bit concerned (as I'm sure you are) that they told you the sac is shrinking, but the measurements are not always accurate either. I will hold out hope and pray along with you that they are wrong.
I totally understand your grief and sadness when they told you about losing your twins, I'm just so glad that you held out and they are healthy today! My son will be 4 in July! Hang in there and please keep us posted. hugs, Cyndi E>
Angel Baby #1 6/00 (10wks)
Angel Baby #2 1/01 (12wks)
Birth of Samuel Lee 7/26/02!!!!
Angel#3 "Jeremy" 11/04 (17wks)
Alicia Kathryn Born 7/6/06!!!!!
Mom In Waiting

Postby Kay » Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:53 pm

What an amazing story. Thank you so much for sharing. So many of us have been scared needlessly by doctors but thank God your doctor was wrong.
Kay

Postby momof3wanting4 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:00 pm

Praying for you and you lil one~your story was amazing!!Only God has the last say not man and your story proves that!!

Love~Michaeline E>
momof3wanting4
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby twinsmama » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:37 pm

Thanks Michaeline! Unfortunately I am not getting my miracle this time. I just saw the doc again and the baby is measuring 6w1d and I am 9weeks tomorrow. Also there is no heartbeat. I scheduled a D&C for 2 weeks from tomorrow. That way I will have some time to m/c on my own.
twinsmama
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby CINC » Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:15 pm

So sorry for your loss. Hugs :(O :(O
Nicole
~I can do all things through Him that strengthens me.~
Mom to Elijah Samuel 1/3/03 & Isaac Kallel 9/23/06
CINC
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes