my miracle

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

my miracle

Postby mafiedler » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:00 am

I've had three miscarriages in the last 2 years. One in July 2004, a 8-12 week pregnancy, one in July 2005, we're not exactly sure how far along I was then. And one in October 2005, I was just a few weeks.

In Feburary 2006 I began thinking I was pregnant again. Honestly I think my mom can tell before I do, but with her imapred mental state, she's not sure what she is seeing/feeling. But with everyone of my pregnancies before I even think I am, she starts asking me when its time to try again. So this Febuaury she was doing just that. And I thought oh, I just can't be. My periods are irregular, due to stress, and I didn't have a period since December. So when Febuary came and went with no period.....I was a little upset. And afraid to test, because everytime I got a postitive test, I would miscarry right after that.

Anyway, even though I wasn't testing I began taking folic acid, multivitamin, baby asprin. I honestly think this is what has saved my child so far. ( I'm 9 weeks now).

So, I went and had a test doen at a clinic. The lady was gabbing away with me and she said the test make take the full 3 minutes to show a positive. But it was RIGHT AWAY. I kept looking at the two lines, waiting to see if one of them would fade away. ( I know it sounds silly, but when you've been where I've been, it seems rational)

Later that day I had hgc testing done. And I had a tentative due date of September. But then the testing came back only 688 hgc. Way lower than if I was due in September. They were guessing I was almost 3 months. Well, this dr's office, the same one I went to for all my miscarriages, was dragging their heels to give me anything because they were sure I'd miscarry. They were SO very sure. :( They were also so very sure I couldn't have ovulated w/ out a period in January.

They were so sure that when the levels began to rise, they still were sceptical. Now, its hard to believe in anything when you've loved and lost three babies. But I believed that they should be doing everything in their power for me, since I was pregnant.

Anyway, since then I've switched providers to an all women practice who love life, and value it. Two of the doctors in this practice left the aforementioned doctor's practice. That says alot of him.....

Anyway, since then we have found I have MTHFR, which is a blood clotting disorder. My blood makes tiny little clots, that could lodge in the placenta and kill the baby. But thankfully, since I was taking St. Josephs 80 mg asprin for the first 6 weeks, and am taking it now, we haven't seen any problems. I could go on lovenox which is a blood thinner, but since I am taking shots for low progestrone I chose not too. Two shots a day is more than I could handle!

So, where am I going with this? Have faith, keep the hope alive. Its been 5 long years since the birth of my last child. I honestly thought I would never again nuture a baby in my womb. I thought I would always get so far, and miscarry.

But now, I am shopping for maternity clothes! My stomach is growu=ing every day. As my love for this child does too, and my fear of somethign going wrong lessesn everyday. Keep the hope, Have faith. Doctors are not always right.
mafiedler
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Sara33 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:19 am

Thats great news that all is going so well

Im also glad you feeling a little more at ease

I can sympathise as everyone here can every twitch everytime you sit on the toilet etc it horrible I know for the first weeks you think your waiting to exhale.

Take good care
Sara33
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Mom In Waiting » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:51 am

I am so inspired by your story of courage and faith and perserverance, and I'm sure that many gals coming looking for just that hope will be also! Congratulations!!!! Blessings, Cyndi E>
Angel Baby #1 6/00 (10wks)
Angel Baby #2 1/01 (12wks)
Birth of Samuel Lee 7/26/02!!!!
Angel#3 "Jeremy" 11/04 (17wks)
Alicia Kathryn Born 7/6/06!!!!!
Mom In Waiting

Postby mafiedler » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:26 pm

yes, every cramp, twitch or such sends me into high alert!
mafiedler
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby dspagnoli » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:17 pm

Just wanted to say congrats!!!!!!! I hope you have a wonderful and event free pregnancy :)O< and a healthy little one 8)O . All the best and God bless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
E>
Dawn 35 DH 55
Sammy 4 1/12/04
Stepdaughters 19 and 24
Angel baby 1/16/06
Sally arrived 1/16/08
dspagnoli
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby DebiJ » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:46 pm

I'm so glad you decided to post your story in this forum. I'm sure it will offer encouragement to a lot of women.
Good luck, and God bless you and your precious little one. E>
Debi
Mom to Jordan, Taylor, Braden, Ryelan & Cayden
Angel baby June 17, 2005
Little miracle baby, Landon Luke, born 8-27-07!
DebiJ
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby mafiedler » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:18 pm

Monday I will be three months! :)8
mafiedler
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Mom In Waiting » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:25 am

:P :)8 B) Such great news!!!! Love those happy endings, makes me cry every time! You go girl!!! Cyndi E>
Angel Baby #1 6/00 (10wks)
Angel Baby #2 1/01 (12wks)
Birth of Samuel Lee 7/26/02!!!!
Angel#3 "Jeremy" 11/04 (17wks)
Alicia Kathryn Born 7/6/06!!!!!
Mom In Waiting

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories