Miscarried at 6 weeks, found out at 3 months still pregnant!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Miscarried at 6 weeks, found out at 3 months still pregnant!

Postby BelovedSteph_Mom of Ethan » Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:40 pm

Here is my story...
Right after I found out that I was pregnant, I miscarried. I spoke to my doctor and told him that I wanted to let everything happen naturally, and he agreed that that would be fine, as long as no complications arose. Well, a little over a month later, I went to the store to buy tampons, expecting my period to start sometime soon. But it never did. I took another pregnancy test, and it said that I was pregnant. I went in for an ultrasound, and it showed that I was about 3 months pregnant. I was in shock. How could this be?? Well... I was pregnant with twins, and I miscarried one. While the thought of having two boys like my Ethan makes me sad, I am soo grateful that I decided to let things happen naturally. I wouldn't have had him otherwise.
I hope this brings hope to some of you out there. If you can help it, let things happen naturally. You never know what might happen. Keep the faith and stay strong. :smile:
BelovedSteph_Mom of Ethan
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Lark » Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:53 pm

Excellent story! Thank you so much for sharing. Your story will bring a lot of hope to a lot of worried, hurting women. Thanks again.

God bless

Lark
Lark

Postby Kay » Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:48 am

Welcome to the site Steph and thank you so much for sharing your story. I talked to a mom the other night who has a very similar story to yours and I am hoping I can get her to share her story here as well. I've been reading about blighted twins and sounds as if they are fairly common. What a blessing you did not have a D&C.

Congratulations on your little Ethan and tell him congratulations on becoming a big brother :yay: And a big congratulations to you as well :yay:

Kay :heart:
Kay

Postby Mom In Waiting » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:03 am

Wow, what a story! I'm so glad you m/c naturally so the other baby could survive (even though you didn't know he was hiding in there!) This story is definitely going to be an inspiration to many!
I too was told just last Tuesday of a woman who the dr's told her she would m/c, and I got a call yesterday from a friend that said that she called and said she was still pregnant! (about 9wks) I asked what they think happened that the dr would tell her she'd m/c, yet she turns out still pregnant? She said the dr's explaination was exactly that, she m/c a twin and the other one is still in there kicking away! That's just amazing (sad,too for the one lost). I'm glad you shared your story and I pray that others going through this will find much comfort and hope from it.
Blessings, Cyndi :pray:
Angel Baby #1 6/00 (10wks)
Angel Baby #2 1/01 (12wks)
Birth of Samuel Lee 7/26/02!!!!
Angel#3 "Jeremy" 11/04 (17wks)
Alicia Kathryn Born 7/6/06!!!!!
Mom In Waiting

Postby BelovedSteph_Mom of Ethan » Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:14 pm

I just wanted to say that all of you here are the strong ones. I hope that this brings hope and comfort to some. But, I am truly amazed by the strength that so many of you on here have. Thank you for your kind words, and I look forward to talking to you all more and hearing your stories. :smile:
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby BusyGirl775 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:46 pm

BelovedSteph_Mom of Ethan,

Thank you for sharing your story. It will give so many such renewed hope and inspiration. I'll put you on my prayer list for a healthy remainder of your pregnancy.

God bless!

Judy :heart:
BusyGirl775
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Same thing happened to me

Postby coco » Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:14 am

I can understand what you have gone through as I am experiencing it right now. I was also told that I would possibly miscarry due to bleeding, but the doctor subsequently discovered that there was two sacs. I lost one twin around 6 weeks, but the other is hanging on and I am currently 7 months pregnant and high risk. We are going to name him Kyle and I can not wait to hold him. He is a miracle and a blessing. Congrats to you.[img]:yay:[/img]
coco
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:20 am

Coco, great to hear from you and thank you for the update. I cannot wait to hear Kyle's birth announcement. Your story has been such an inspiration to so many and I am so happy to hear that you are doing well. We're going to need a 'misdiagnosed miscarriage babies birth stories' forum :biggrin:

(((hugs)))
Kay :heart:
Kay

Postby Lovinmom » Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:24 am

Thank you so much for sharing your story. I just love these stories. How many weeks were you when you went through your supposed miscarriage? The second sac did not show on the ultrasound? It was hiding behind the other sac? I know it would really be encouraging to the ladies to hear these details. Thank you so much for sharing. It brings hope and just shows how errors can occur.

Blessings to you and your family!

Lovinmom :heart:

Coco,
It is wonderful to hear from you. I think of you often and wondering how you are doing. We will keep you and your little one in our prayers.
Lovinmom

Postby BelovedSteph_Mom of Ethan » Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:29 pm

I was about 6 weeks along when they said that I was miscarrying. My doctor said that it was so early, he didn't think that an ultrasound would be necessary unless there were complications. So, I never got an ultrasound until I was close to 3 months pregnant with my son....
Coco, that is great to hear. I cannot wait for you to get to hold Kyle in your arms, he is a true blessing :smile:
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

New to your site

Postby iatm » Sun May 15, 2005 8:18 am

I am new to this site, but I wanted to share with you that some times things happen and we can not understand them. In Nov I lost a baby to a m/c and went to my Dr. who stated that I had and told me to go home and let things happen. Well in Dec I did not go thru my cycle and again in Jan I didnt have one so I went back to my Dr. who put me on a low dose birthcontroll to start me to get back to normal, which I used for three months and I did get a cycle but it was not normal, a yick black tar like, not normal at all. I was told that I would need a D&C and was schedualed for one, went in and they did a u/s and found out I was about 8 month pregnant. Not only had I not known I had used Birth controll and I had also just got a steroid shot for intense back pain. Less then a week later I had a baby boy who I named Timothy. He is only 5 days old. He was about 6 weeks early and doing fine. I am glad I didnt lose him too as I had to have twins. And had they offered a D&C I would have gotten one in Nov. and today I would not have Timmy.

Thanks to seeing this sight I can understand.
I do want, and miss the one I lost, too. Its hard.
iatm
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Lark » Sun May 15, 2005 12:06 pm

Wow, Dianne, that is an amazing story! I can't believe your dr never did a u/s through all of this! Thank God for your healthy little baby; I guess he's living proof that miracles do happen!

God bless

Lark
Lark

Yes

Postby iatm » Mon May 16, 2005 8:19 am

I agree, this whole exprience was really different. I have two other childern, ages 16 and 14 and they were so different. Now with both of them I did carry them inside as well, and I never had to buy anything other then stretch pant. I am tall and carry the babies inside. But this time everything was all wrong, and I do not kow why they didnt do an ultra sound on me. After my 14yr old stopped nursing at 1yr I didnt have a cycle for a year and half, so I wasnt so suprised when I didnt get one after the m/c in Nov. But we were trying for a baby and I wanted to get regulated as soon as I could. I will post a picture of Timmy when I figure out how. :jive: we are all pretty in love with him.
iatm
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby songbird » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:59 am

:)8 wow! iam so happy for you, this gives me alot of hope, i had m/c about amonth ago, when i went in to finalize my miscarriage and see if they were at zero( 1month after m/c) well i still have high levels and high hopes now. maybe all the tickles is actually alittle baby growing!! :)8 i would be 17 weeks so thankyou for the hope 8)O
songbird
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

So Confused but hopeful, Please help

Postby SJ43 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:56 am

My hcg levels were pretty low for four weeks last week, i was spotting so had another test and they had dropped. they had almost halved. tested again 48 hours later and they dropped again by 4IU/L, which is barely a drop. Ob said it was miscarrying, spotting turned thicker and darker...which they said was "altered" blood, when I went to ER the night before last - also pointed out that cervix was closed???? Had another Hcg this morning and levels have risen! not much but i was expecting a rapid decline, not a slow climb. still bleeding, what now looks like a period. no pain, nothing "suspisious" on vaginal US. Have to have another test in a week. very lucky my dr has not pushed for d&c. I actually asked if i would need one and he said not. maybe he has some hope but is reluctant to share optimism until he is sure, could this be why he has been so vague and keeps testing me?...reading this site gives me hope...i really want this baby. the "father" has family history of twins, does it sound like i could have possibly miscarried one and not the other??? or do hcg levels continue to fluctuate
SJ43
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories