I can't believe it happened to me!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

I can't believe it happened to me!

Postby rheil » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:15 pm

Hello everyone.
I have to admit that I have been coming to your website religiously for two weeks now. I had found myself in a similar situation to a lot of you...Due to a previous "blighted ovum" miscarriage, when I found out I was pregnant this Christmas my doctor immediately set me up for an u/s and weekly hcg level testing. My hcg levels were testing normal, but when I went in for an u/s at six weeks, the tech said, "Sorry there's no baby". My husband and I were devastated. To make matters worse, the next day my hcg levels came back as "not doubling". My doc said to come back in two weeks for another u/s, but things aren't looking good. Luckily, we have great insurance, so I made an appointment with a high-risk fetal/maternal doc. We went to the doc expecting to hear some bad news. Before we met the doc we had the u/s. My husband held my hand as we prepared for the worst. To our shock and dismay as the screen became clearer we noticed a little flashing bean. Before the tech could speak, I yelled, "Is that the heartbeat?" She smiled at us and said, "Absolutely". The tech also said that I have a tilted uterus and sometimes it makes viewing an u/s difficult. I couldn't believe that I had become a "misdiagnosed" story.
All I can say to those of you who are in the "limbo" stage...hang in there. There still may be hope when all things feel hopeless. Thank you for all of your stories of courage and strength.
rheil
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Mom In Waiting » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:22 pm

:)8 :P What awesome and inspiring news!!! I am so happy you got that second opinion! What a glorious site for you and your hubby to have experienced together!!! Keeping you and your lil bean in my prayers for nothing but the best this time around. I am so sorry for your previous loss. Blessings, Cyndi E>
Angel Baby #1 6/00 (10wks)
Angel Baby #2 1/01 (12wks)
Birth of Samuel Lee 7/26/02!!!!
Angel#3 "Jeremy" 11/04 (17wks)
Alicia Kathryn Born 7/6/06!!!!!
Mom In Waiting

Postby Kay » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:38 am

What wonderful news and I am so happy to hear they wanted to wait to do the next ultrasound. They should not have scared you because it was too early but we see too many doctors who do ultrasounds within just a few days, declare a miscarriage and push for a D&C. I am also happy to hear you had a second opinion.

Congrats on your little miracle and thank you so much for sharing your story. You'll give women hope.
Kay

i am starting to wonder if i wasn't misdiagnosed 3 years ago

Postby mommie2be081406 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:28 am

three years ago they told me that i had a tilted uterus and they never found a heart beat they said that i had miscarried i got a second opinion but they said the same thing i'm wondering if i now killed my baby by not getting a third opinion but i can't go back and change it now they did a d&c on me
mommie2be081406
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories