Bleeding, non-doubling hcg's = misdiagnosed-- star_o_tx

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Bleeding, non-doubling hcg's = misdiagnosed-- star_o_tx

Postby misdiagnosed » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:19 pm

Originally posted by star_o_tex 9/25/2004
------------------------------------------------

hello all. i ahve been posting at baby center and i was directed here to share my story.

when i was(by my calculations) 6 weeks lmp, my husband took me to the er. i was having some bleeding(more than spotting but not menstrual like). the er doctor immediately assumed i was miscarrying and apparently didnt want to change his mind. my hcg levels were at 19000+ BTW. i was sent for an u/s. the technician said the gestational sac and yolk sac were there but no baby-no heartbeat. i was informed again by the dr. that i would begin bleeding heavily and cramping in the next few days and bedrest was advised.

well i sat on the couch for 2 days and nothing happened. the next day i went for more blood testing. my hcg levels was 29000+. i saw my regular OB the following friday. without so much as a pelvic exam or anything-they didnt take my BP, i didnt pee in a cup, and they didnt weigh me-i was again told i would miscarry-bcuz my "hcg levels didnt double in 2 and 1/2 days". i told him i was going for a second opinion. while i waited for my appointment with my new OB, i found the board on babycenter. this is where i learned that after about 6500, your hcg levels could take up to 4 days to double.

well i saw my new dr. on sept. 16. he told me that my pelvic exam was normal, but bcuz of the diagnosis at the other hospital, he wanted to have an u/s done. the next morning i went in to have my 2nd u/s. and there it was!!! my baby was 1.17 cm long and had a h/b of 159. however, everything measured 7w2d. i thought i was 8w2d. turns out i o'd a week late. which i should have known cuz i was a week late for AF when i finally got a BFP. my new dr. says the bleeding was from a placental abruption-a small tear where the placenta attaches to the uterus. dr. said no heavy lifting but to continue with normal activites.

that all happened a little over a week ago. i am now 8w3d and feeling fine. i have a huge appetite and my belly has grown so much that i already wear maternity pants. i dont see the dr. again until oct. 14 so i guess i will just take it easy with this pg. DS was no problem at all-actually i worked most of that pg. now i get to enjoy being a SAHM with my 3 1/2 yr. old. BTW i am due may 4, 2005 and my ds bday is may 8. LOL

baby dust to all hopefuls
crystal
misdiagnosed
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Bleeding, non-doubling hcg's = misdiagnosed-- star_o_tx

Postby Mom2mmcjg » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:31 pm

Thank you so much for sharing your story. It gives hope to us all. :H
Mom2mmcjg
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes