wanted to add my own holiday miracle story

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

wanted to add my own holiday miracle story

Postby ssmithson » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:10 pm

:cheer:
I previously posted in the possible miscarriage board and just wanted to tell you my story. Last week at 5w5d, I went in to the ER for some major cramping. ER doc did bloodwork and an u/s. The hcg came back at 7400 which was fine, but the doctor said I would miscarry because of the lack of h/b found on the u/s among other things that they saw on the u/s. I was too distraught to even think to ask what the "other things" might be. He just sent the chaplain in to talk with us and sent me home with miscarriage papers. Well, we went to a different ER last Sunday - our insurance is changing so this is why the different ER - for the same problem, cramping. I told them that I was supposed to be miscarrying but was only having cramping, no spotting or anything. They did blood and hcg came back at 16000. They also did an u/s. The babys heartbeat was showing and it was beating away at 160 bpm!! I was in shock! They sent me home and told me everything looked great, cramping was normal. Went to my first ob appt yesterday - which I'm glad now that I didn't cancel - and we heard the hb on the u/s! Got a picture and a video! Dr. said everything looked great and to come back next month. The reason this is such a miracle is that this is my fourth pregnancy in a year and a half. The first three were miscarriages. All happened before my 6th week. So I've never even seen the h/b let alone, hear it! I know I'm not out of the woods yet, but if I had listened to that Dr. and not had faith (I secretly thought there might still be a chance since I wasn't spotting) then I might have done things that would have harmed the baby unintentionally. I'm so sorry this is so long, but I just wanted to tell my story so others can hope too. Even if the doctor tells you that it is inevitable, don't give up hope until the last possible second!

Merry Christmas!
Stephanie
ssmithson
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby butterdragons » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:14 pm

What a wonderful story!

Good luck to you, may you have a happy and healthy 34 weeks ahead of you.

congrats!

:biggrin:
Shawna--33 yo married SAHM
2 boys and a princess: Jake (6), Daniel (4), Eden (17 mos)
3 little angels in heaven
butterdragons
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby kclower » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:15 pm

That is great! I am so happy for you!
-KIm
kclower
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

thank you stephanie!

Postby LivinOnFaith » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:40 pm

Praise God! I am so glad your situation turned out so great. Your story gave me such encouragement! I am waiting a week for another u/s - the one today showed no h/b. THEY say I am 8 weeks preganant - but I know I am 5 weeks 4 days actually. I think I posted 5 weeks 5 days earlier - but I miscounted. So the tech today said the baby measured 7 weeks 6 days - no way. There is NO WAY. I know when I conceived this child.

Anyway - thank you for your story - and God Bless you and your little angel!!!!

Merry Christmas to you!

Ava
LivinOnFaith
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby ssmithson » Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:48 pm

Thanks everyone! And ava, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed and saying a prayer for you that everything turns out great.

Stephanie
ssmithson
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby siobhan050287 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:05 pm

oh stephanie thats great news!

heres to a lovely uneventful pregnancy, good luck
:jive: :jive: :jive: :jive: :jive: :jive: :jive: :jive: :jive: :jive:

siobhan
xxx
siobhan050287
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby kimsmithie » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:37 pm

Hi Stephanie, I follow you over here from the hcg board as I wanted to know if there was news on what happened to you. I am so very happy your news is positive and I pray for a healthy and happy pregnancy for you. I would love to keep in touch with you through this.

My name is Kim S. and I was looking on the HCG boards as I too am having problems as well. I have suffered 2 mc's but have been blessed with a full term pregnancy on 11/28/04. I feel totally blessed and thankful every day for her.

I suffered my last mc on 9/13 and became pregnant again on 11/7. I started on the prog. supp's and they began testing my hcg levels from the start. I started at 175 and went to 365 to 3439 right before Thanksgiving. I went for an u/s on 12/1 and saw the hb, baby was measuring 6 weeks and 6 days, right on tract from my lmp on 10/14. We were excited, went for blood work to check my levels and when I got the dreaded call that they were not very good. I had gone up slightly, not even to 3800, but not in the 85,000 where they expected me to be. I am set to go in today for a 2nd u/s to see where we are... I hope and pray to see a h/b and the baby is fine.

I was inspired by your story and pray for god results, but I am scared as well for the worst.

Take care and good luck to you,
Kim S.
kimsmithie
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby shellyd43224 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:39 pm

I know this is a few years late, but did everything work out? I went to the doc last week 7 days ago to the day and he did an external US said he only seen a sac, drew blood HCG was over 12000 told me to come back a week later "today" they did an internal US and they said I am measuring at 7 weeks, no heart beat, said I needed to take a pill to induce miscarriage, do a D&C or let it happen naturally, I refused to kill it if they were wrong, is 7 weeks to early to see a heart beat?? First pos test was Feb 1 it's now March 7 that would have made me 2 weeks preg if I really am 7 weeks is that to early to get a test or did the baby just stop growing? He wouldnt do HCG levels to compare them either what should I do? :H
~~~Shelly &hearts; Brian~~
shellyd43224
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: wanted to add my own holiday miracle story

Postby Breanna24 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:29 pm

I went to the ob on March 9 and that day was completely off. It was raining and due to my appointment time I ended up waiting to be seen for 3 hours! All the ultrasound techs were gone for the day and a doctor that I've never seen in that office before was the only one doing ultrasounds. As my boyfriend and I anxiously waited in the ultrasound room with our camera ready to document the ultrasound, the doctor walked in looking exhausted and ready to go home. She apologized for the wait being that we were the last ones to be seen that day and began preparing the ultrasound machine. b/c I'm still early we had to do the transvaginal. During the u/s observation, she wasn't saying anything the whole time. As I looked at my boyfriend with a puzzled look I asked her if she could see anything. She responded with a slow "yeah" and had informed me that there was no visible heartbeat and he instructed me to get dressed and she would be back to discuss the u/s results. As I was getting dressed, I felt my whole world slow down and was in disbelief. How could this have happened?! When she came back in the room, she explained from the u/s I was 8.5 weeks along and there was no hb. She gave me the option to scheule a d&c, get a 2nd opinion, or wait until my body expels the baby. I then decided to wait another week (appt. is tomorrow) and get the actual ultrasound tech to give me their opinion b/c I felt they didn't have any proba finding a hb when I came in at 5 weeks. As I did some research online, I found this site along with others where women have been misdiagnosed and told their baby had passed when in fact nothing was wrong. You have to remember that doctors aren't perfect and although they are doing their job, it is still a PRACTICE which def leaves plenty of room for error. There can be several things that can lead to misdiagnosed mc such as miscalculation of conception, size of baby, angle of baby, and not to mention not all pregnancies are all the same for every woman. I have so much faith in God right now, more than I prob ever did and when it's all said & done he is the creator and our fate is in his hands. Don't depend 100% on another human being's opinion on the well being of your baby's life because miracles do happen so get that 2nd opinion! I am hoping and praying for the best tomorrow and God forbid but even if I don't hear the news I'm wanting I refuse to give up. I wish you all the best and am praying for you guys because if nothing else we can give one another hope and possibly save a life that could've been lost unnecessarily. God bless
Breanna24
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories