Strong Heartbeat, Slow Rising HCG after a drop

Strong Heartbeat, Slow Rising HCG after a drop

Postby vsmith » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:25 am

Good Morning!
Please share if you have a similar story with success or even an unhappy ending...

Heres my levels so far

28.8--865--5918--5863--7085--7739

Ultrasound at 5wk 5 days showed yolk sack but no hb
Ultrasound last night showed growth and a strong hb at 120bpm!!!

I should be 6 weeks 3 days now. Doc is convinced we are going to miscarry. This my 3rd pregnancy with no live births yet. Has anyone been through this before? My levels are taking forever to increase...the last set only went up by 600 or so in 48 hours! Please share experiences.
vsmith
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Strong Heartbeat, Slow Rising HCG after a drop

Postby jennap » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:49 pm

My hcg actually dropped in week 6 (after seeing an empty sac and thinking it was a blighted ovum). Never m/c naturally, so went back in for another u/s at 7w5d and there was a baby with strong hb!!! I'm 12.5 weeks now, and everything is still going great!
jennap
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Chevyfreeda » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:11 am

Jennap - what were your HCG levels?

Vsmith - how are things going?

My HCG dropped just recently. I go back tomorrow, but im terrified. My levels went from 1404 to 1366 in 48 hours.
Chevyfreeda
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby jennap » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:26 am

Mine were much higher ... they were around 27,300, then dropped to 27,000 in 48 hours. I don't know if that's a better situation or not than yours. With numbers that high, they were positive they should be able to see a baby and a heartbeat, so it made it that much more worrisome.
jennap
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Chevyfreeda » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:33 am

Well my number went back up, HCG to my surprise! They only went up to 1,850. So still super low and worried about ectopic. I secretly hope it's a miracle like yours though.
Chevyfreeda
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby KylaB » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:51 pm

I'm going through a similar issue. This is my 3rd pregnancy, my first being a m/c when I was very young, the second being my daughter (who will be 6 in Oct.). I took a pregnancy test 1 week ago today and it came out positive. I went to my GP Monday morning to confirm and they did a blood test to test my hcg levels. They were at 895 which was low for where they were dating me. 7w3d. I came back in Wednesday and they checked me again and my levels had dropped down to 850 and she told me I was m/c. I had an ultrasound scheduled for later in the day which I kept and the tech saw nothing, only that my ovaries and everything looked healthy, and if it was ectopic she would see a lot of fluid, which she didn't. She also stated that she believed the GP was way off on my due date, because even if it was a non viable pregnancy, at almost 8 weeks, as clear as the ultrasound was, she would have seen SOMETHING. This made sense to me because I always ovulate around the 16th-20th day of my cycle. Although it could have been later considering my last few periods have not been regular by any means. If I go by what I believe my ov date was, it would put me around 5 weeks, maybe a little less. I'm supposed to keep going back to my GP every Wednesday until my levels go back to zero. But even though i've had some heavier spotting (not enough to even use a pantyliner) for several days I feel pregnant. It's hard for me to accept that it's a m/c because when I found out I was pregnant with my daughter, my hcg levels were at 3-5 weeks while the ultrasound showed that I was 14w3d!!! And I bled heavily with her during the first trimester not knowing I was pregnant, just thinking I was having unusually long periods. They weren't concerned about the levels because she was obviously so healthy. Told me that it could be because I have a low thyroid. What bothers me is they were so fast writing this pregnancy off and refused to take into consideration my previous pregnancy. I already let them know that I would not be having a DnC done. If it's going to happen I will let it happen naturally. but in the mean time my family and I are spending a lot of time on our knees. This little bean wasn't planned but we're all thrilled that he's coming either way.
KylaB
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Possible Miscarriage - HCG Related Issues