possible blighted ovum/possibly earlier in pregnancy

possible blighted ovum/possibly earlier in pregnancy

Postby ashley4 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:48 pm

HI,
I'll try to keep this short. Very early January I got what I thought was my period a few days early, but it didn't last as long as it normally does. It was however more than spotting and bright red like a normal period. 5 days later I took a pregnancy test thinking it may have been implantation bleed but got a negative, this would have been the day of my expected period. Then, four weeks after the bleeding happened in early January I took another test which came back positive. I figured the first test was just taken too early and counted myself as being about 7.5 weeks pregnant. Then this past weekend I had some bleeding and was told from an ultrasound that I had an empty sac and probable blighted ovum. I told my dr. about the negative pregnancy test and we agreed to do a follow up HCG testing to see what my levels were doing, which is scheduled for tomorrow. I was measuring more like 5 weeks and my HCG levels seemed to be more in the range of 5 weeks as well. Bottomline, I could have stopped growing the pregnancy at 5 weeks and that is why the measurements are there, or that first pregnancy test was correct and I didn't get pregnant until the middle of January. I just would like some feedback on this situation and see what ppl who have been through similar situations may think. Side note, the bleeding I went to the ER for was never enough to fill a pad, no cramping or clotting and I havent bled since (over 72 hrs now).
ashley4
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: possible blighted ovum/possibly earlier in pregnancy

Postby Kay » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:36 pm

I just have to say, sounds like you are still early. I am a firm believer that a blighted ovum should not even be suggested before nine weeks. I do hope you get a better answer soon. (((hugs)))
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby ashley4 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:08 am

Thank you for your support. My hcg levels went from 5,000 to 19,000 in a little less than four days which my doctor said was "beautiful progress". Hopefully my ultrasound on Tuesday will show an embryo. I have heard plenty of things about hcg levels still doubling with a blighted ovum so i'm far from relieved and still very anxious about the u/s!
ashley4
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:13 pm

I'll be watching for your update. Progress definitely looks good. (((hugs)))
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby ashley4 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:34 am

I just wanted to update that we saw the heartbeat on the ultrasound earlier this week!!! All seems well, just way earlier than we thought we were!
ashley4
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby caren'shoping » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:56 pm

Wonderful news!
caren'shoping
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Possible Miscarriage - Blighted Ovum