Slow rising hcg's and refused D&C --Living4Christ

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Slow rising hcg's and refused D&C --Living4Christ

Postby misdiagnosed » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:06 pm

Originally posted by Living4Christ 1/25/2005
---------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone. My name is Angie. I wanted to share my story and give hope to others in my situation. On December 8, 2004, I had a pregnancy test which confirmed I was pregnant. This is my fourth pregnancy, but I was still very excited and happy to be pregnant. The doctor told me I was about 6 weeks along according to my dates. My last menstrual cycle was Oct. 27, 2004. My menstrual cycles are not very regular due to nursing and they were about 45 days apart between cycles. I scheduled an appointment with an OBGYN for Dec. 20,2004. When I went to this appointment they were unsure of my dates since my cycle was not regular so they did a vaginal ultrasound. They could only see a gestational sac and I should be 7 1/2 weeks along. They told me I probably have a blighted ovum, which means you are going to miscarry. They told me they would do blood work and see if it would double in 48 hours. I said okay and had my blood drawn. On Dec. 20, 2004, my HCG was 48,000. I went back in 48 hours on Dec. 22, 2004, and my HCG only went up to 49,000. The doctor called me and told me she was sorry but this was a non- viable pregnancy and she was 100% sure I would miscarry. She told me I could schedule to have a D&C (abortion) and I refused. I told her if thats what God had in store for me I would miscarry on my own. She told me there was no hope for this pregnancy. I guess she must not believe in God's healing power. I decided to get a second opinion by another doctor. I made my appointment on Dec. 27, 2004. God answered my prayers. When I went in to see the doctor, he prepared me for the worst. He said doctors do not often make that kind of mistake because thats a life or death situation and he hoped all doctors would make sure they were 100% sure. He told me he would be happy to double check for me though. As soon as he started the vaginal ultrasound we saw a baby within seconds. I kept watching in amazement and looking for its heartbeat and there it was. I could not hold back my tears of joy. The doctor was shocked that the other doctor did not see anything 1 week prior. I told him that I had been praying along with my church to have a healthy baby and not a blighted ovum. I really do believe God performed a miracle on me and my unborn. Doctors do make mistakes. When you are so early in pregnancy I think doctors should wait awhile and always double check. I'm really glad I didn't listen to them about having a D&C. I just seen my doctor again on Jan. 24, 2004. My baby is doing great and I am now 12 weeks along. I will continue to pray for all of you to have healthy pregnancies. I just wanted to give you all hope. If you would like to email me with any questions or anything, my email address is ke12312312@msn.com .
misdiagnosed
Administrator
Administrator

UPDATE

Postby Living4christ » Sun May 06, 2007 1:46 pm

I just wanted everyone to know that my daughter was born on August 3, 2004 weighing 7lbs., 4 oz. She is now 21 months old and starting the terrible two's (she's into everything). I love her sooo much and I am so happy I waited things out. For those of you who didn't get to read my story, I was told my daughter was a blighted ovum at 7 /2 weeks. She is my little miracle. The doctors were WRONG about her.

I am now expecting again. I will be seeing the OB doctor on Monday, May 7, 2007. I should be about 8 weeks along. Please keep us in your prayers that everything will turn out good.

Angela

EDD 12/19/07 :)O<
Alexis 08/03/05 :)8 (NOT A BLIGHTED OVUM)
Nicholas 05/01/03 :)8
Ashley 09/08/99 :)8
Jesse 11/11/95 :)8
Living4christ
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby WKG24 » Sun May 06, 2007 3:33 pm

Girl, you just don't stop, do you!? Wow, your fifth child..that is amazing. I reread your story again. I am so glad you waited, too. Congrats on your little one---I have a 15 mo. old who seems like he is getting into the terrible two's already---and I am expecting again, too. Whew, we will be busy.

Thanks for updating us and sharing your encouraging story.

Wes
Me: 30, DH: 34, DS: 28 mo. DD: 10 mo.
MC: @ 9 weeks April '05
Due with Suprise Baby December '08!
This post for educational purpose. For diagnosis, treatment, and advice, consult a doctor.
WKG24

happy for you

Postby WendyLyn8 » Sun May 10, 2009 9:07 pm

Hi. I found the Misdiagnosed Miscarriage site totally on accident tonight. I was looking up information on "blighted ovum" I was diagnosed with that on Friday 5/8/09. I saw the ultrasound myself Wednesday, and there isn't anything there. They said the sac was about 7 1/2 wks, which is why your story caught my attention I think. My hormone levels dropped in the two days that they have tested. The doctor thinks it was a "missed miscarriage" at some point since I've had spotting throughout, and that the rest is just entact right now and will pass. I have the option of passing everything naturally, or scheduling a D&C. I chose naturally, unless in the future it becomes absolutely necessary physically for me to. I go back this Wednesday for another ultrasound and for a checkup. He said he wanted to see me once a week for a while - just to make sure everything is going as it should in the process I guess. I had never heard of misdiagnoses of any of this until this website. I don't really have any hope of mine changing, and am pretty depressed right now, but it's nice to hear some happy stories that some ladies were able to actually have their babies after all. You're blessed, and I'm sure you cherish what you have. I wish you and your child the best and hope God continues to be with you, Wendy - Dothan, AL
~Wendy
WendyLyn8
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories