black16 misdiagnosed

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

black16 misdiagnosed

Postby black16 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:33 pm

Just wanted to share my story. I am 7weeks pregnant I had a missed miscarriage in Feb. 05 a Chemical pregnancy in june 05. Because of my history of miscarriages I requested to be seen early this time to make sure everything was going well. I had an ultrasound done at 5 weeks my doctor saw a gestational sac and scheduled me to come back 6 days later. When I came back I had to see another doctor because mine was out of town. He did the ultrasound and saw a gestational sac and a yolk sac. He dignosed me with a blighted ovum that day and asked me to schedule a d&c I asked him if maybe I was just to early to see anything and he said that he should definatly see some fetal development by now. Not wanting to give up hope I requsted to have my hcg done just to see if they were going up. The first one was 39,000 and the second one 48 hours later was 57,700. The next day I recieved a message on my voice mail saying that my nubers have not gone up as they should and he wanted to take the next step. (whatever that means) I had have enough of this guy I waited until tuesday until my doctor returned. I talked to her on Tuesday she had me do another beta and scheduled me to come in today for another ultrasound. My numbers went from 57,700 to 118,00 in 6 days. This wasn't exactly what she would have liked to see but she said everyone is diffrent . She went ahead and did the ultrasound today at 7 weeks 1 day. She saw lots of fetal growth and a srtong healthy heatbeat I am measuring right on time. I am so extatic. For you who are going through the same thing please do not give up hope and be 100% sure before you make any permante decisions. If I would have listened to that doctor and scedule a d&c he would have killed my baby. I saw him in the office today after my ultrasound I wanted to stranggle him but I didn't I just ignored him and thought how thankful I was the he was an idiot.
black16
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:00 pm

Okay, I'll give my congrats in a minute, but first let me say...

ARRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHH...hold on...know I have a screamin' smily here...

:fuss:

oh and one of these

:club:

that's for your two doctors...not what they'd want to see. They are full of beans and should not have scared you so. You should say something to that first doctor because I can practically guarantee you are not the first he's done this to and you won't be the last.

Now, as for you...

Congratulations. I am just absolutely thrilled for you. Congrats on that :heart:

:cheer: :cheer: :bananas: :cheer: :cheer:

and a

:jive:

(((hugs))) and :bananas:
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Holding On!!

Postby browngirl24 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:44 am

That is exactly what I fear :( Having to make a decision like that hearing a story like yours. I have to go bak on 11/1 after being told that I had an empty sac on 10/21.....at 10 weeks according to my cycle but I am sure that I ovulate irregularly being that I have only had 4 or 5 menstrual cycles this year....and these ovulation/due date calculators say that I may have ovulated 9/3....but I didn't because I tested the week of 9/16 and 9/23 and they were both negative. I got a positve 10/6 which would mean that I actually got prego at the endof the month.....so I am holding on!
CryHugsKisses
browngirl24
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories