So Relieved!!!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

So Relieved!!!

Postby deblynnc » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:16 pm

I had a beautiful baby girl January, 2004 thanks to IVF. During that cycle, we had 5 embryos to freeze for future cycles. We transferred 3 of them on Sept. 29th. All was going well, first beta came back at 115, second one, four days later, at 515.

Then, Sunday, Oct. 23, I experienced 3 hours of heavy bleeding with clots. I called the doctor, and went in the next morning for b/w and an u/s. After having experienced 3 m/c's previously, I was sure there would be nothing to see on the u/s and that my numbers would have dropped.

The doctor had a difficult time finding anything at first, because my uterus was turned sideways. When she did find the gestational sac, she said it was too small, measuring at a little over 5 weeks when I should have been 6 weeks. She told me my baby had stopped growing. Since that was what I was expecting to hear, I accepted it without question.

Then, that same afternoon, she called to tell me my beta had come back at over 4,000, which was a normal increase. I went back today, Oct. 28th, for another beta that came back at 8,199. The doctor now thinks that I lost a twin on Sunday, but that I still have one healthy baby in there!!

I'm so glad the doctor ordered the beta in addition to the u/s, because I have to take progesterone and estrogen supplements to support this pregnancy until the second trimester. If we had made a decision based on the u/s alone, I would have stopped the supplements and lost this baby for certain.

My advice to anyone told this early on that their pregnancy is doomed is, don't make a decision based on any one u/s. Get all the facts you can, and give it some time before you decide what to do.

Debbie
deblynnc
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Lark » Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:14 pm

Debbie,

Awesome news! We tell women all the time to wait and see after these early u/s's and not make any final decisions such as stopping meds or having a d&c. It doesn't always turn out well, but it does enough times to making waiting it out well worthwhile! Good luck and God bless.

Lark
Lark

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories