thank you brave women

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

thank you brave women

Postby azgrl » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:12 pm

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has shared their stories on this website. I found out I was about 5 weeks pregnant 2 weeks ago. Due to a miscarrage in November my doctor scheduled me for an u/s right away. I was told immediatly I had a blighted ovum. After 3 more u/s and almost two weeks of waiting to miscarry on my own I called my doctor today and requested a D&C. She was more than willing to schedule it and just needed me to come in for one more u/s due to the fact that my hormone levels were rising like a normal pregnancy. I could not believe her when she told me there was a heart beat and she could actually make out a fetal pole.
I am scheduled for another u/s in 4 days. After such a devistating diagnosis I am scared to be happy or hopefull again. I am so so thankful for that last u/s. If I would have seen this website earlier I would have never even considered a D&C.
When my doctor told me less than 3 days ago I had a 99.9% chance I was miscarring because she saw nothing but an empty sac I believed her. What a shock that so many women have had similar misdiagnosis. My boyfriend just tells me to keep my faith and that he has thought I was fine all along ;)
I thank you all again for your stories and your hope. I'm going to try to stay positive and believe a little more of what is in my heart rather than what my doctor says. You'r all in my thoughts and prayers.
sarah :thumbsup:
azgrl
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:17 pm

Oh Sarah, thank you so much for sharing your story. So many women do not know that misdiagnosed miscarriages do occur and that they can wait to end the pregnancy.

Congratulations to you. Keep us updated on how you and that little one are doing. You're a part of our 'Misdiagnosed Hall of Fame' :biggrin:

:bananas: :bananas: :bananas:
:jive: :jive: :jive:
:bananas: :bananas: :bananas:
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby Lark » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:23 pm

Sarah, thank you so much for sharing your story. The more misdiagnosed m/c that we can share with ladies here, the more babies we can save from d&c's. What a blessing that your dr had you come in for one more u/s! That is definitely God's hand at work! Good luck with your baby!

God bless

Lark
Lark

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories