no sac, no pole, no hb @ 7.5 wks - misdiagnosed!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

no sac, no pole, no hb @ 7.5 wks - misdiagnosed!

Postby brokedownpalace » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:29 pm

Here is my post from last week: I had my first u/s yesterday at 7.5 wks and I have been a mess ever since. There was no heartbeat, no fetal pole, no yolk sac, and my uterus was too smalf for my dates. Also I started spotting brown blood day before yesterday, and pg symptoms have gone away. The spotting has eased up considerably, maybe a stain here & there on TP. I had bloodwork yesterday, more tomorrow & another u/s on monday. Dr. is convinced it is over & that nothing will be found on u/s. He asked if I could have ovulated/concieved late. I said yes, because I think my luteal phase is much shorter than the average. I think I concieved 5 days after when an average women would have concieved using my dates. He said that since my cycles were average, 27.5 days, that it was unlikely to be the problem.

I had the u/s today and the first thing the tech saw was the sac, then the fetal pole, then she said "162 beats per minute!" I saw it with my own teary eyes. Flicker after beautiful flicker. My baby is alive and well, and strong! Thank God. Baby is measuring 7w 2d which is a whole week off according to my LMP. I also have a tilted uterus, and the first machine is a dinosaur - too old! I cannot wait for my appt on Wed. to hear what my Dr. has to say! He is a very good, experienced , award winning Dr. too whom I admire and respect. You just can't beat God! Blessings to you all.
Amy
brokedownpalace
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Lark » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:07 pm

:yay: Oh, God is just so good! :yay: What a wonderful miracle for you and your family! God bless you!

Lark
Lark

Postby Tania3910 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:10 pm

What a great blessing :pray: :yay: praise the lord
Tania3910
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Mom In Waiting » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:14 am

:yay: :bananas: :cheer:
What wonderful news!! I am so happy for you and pray that all goes well from here on out!!! Praise God for the blessing he gave you today!!! Hugs, Cyndi :heart:
Angel Baby #1 6/00 (10wks)
Angel Baby #2 1/01 (12wks)
Birth of Samuel Lee 7/26/02!!!!
Angel#3 "Jeremy" 11/04 (17wks)
Alicia Kathryn Born 7/6/06!!!!!
Mom In Waiting

Postby Kay » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:20 am

What an awesome thing. Hmmm....let's test out a few of the newer smilies

:bouncey: :bouncey: :clappin: :bouncey: :bouncey:

:ohyeah: :dance: :ohyeah:

Congrats to you. Just keep in mind, we've seen pretty consistantly that women with a tilted uterus often look a week or two behind during the first trimester and then date more correctly during the second trimester so take those dates with a grain of salt.

YAY!
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby Kit-Cat » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:34 pm

OMG that happened to me yesterday.. I was in the ER for 7 1/2 hrs (went in due to spotting) I'm 7w2d. Tomorrow I go in for another bloodwork and US.. he said it was just a sac,.. no hb... that i needed to D&C.

I'm praying that i'll get great news tomorrow.
Kit-Cat
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby rees83 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:51 pm

That is such amazing news... im in the same boat as you.... I was under the impression I was 8 weeks along... and at the U/S place I was told i was 7 weeks.......

Then at my GP's she told me that they could not see a fetal heartbeat or even a yolk sac....she also thinks that I may have had a missed abortion...

so im on pins and needles now... but reading your story gives me hope...

:) thanks
iF gOD bOuGHT yOU tO It hE wILl gEt U thRU iT
rees83
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories