7wks possible BO(non-tilted uterus)-12wks healthy pregnancy!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

7wks possible BO(non-tilted uterus)-12wks healthy pregnancy!

Postby Jesshoping » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:23 am

I just wanted to update you all and offer a bit of hope for anyone palying the waiting game.
I was diagnosed with possible blighted ovum at 7 weeks. I had an u/s showing only a sac but no fetal pole or yolk sac present and sac measured only 5 weeks 3 days.
A week later I had a follow up and there was baby heartbeat and all measuring 6 weeks 4 days. So it seemed I had late ovulation or implantation.

Here I am at 12 weeks, and my latest u/s showed showed baby has "caught up" meaning my LMP was correct from the beginning and 7 weeks was simply too early to see anything definitive.

Please please if you have an early u/s like before 9-10 weeks wait and get a follow up. my doctor was so sure that we had blighted ovum he refused to even order the standard blood work after my first visit and that week long wait was the wait from hell. But worth it because now I have a healthy pregnancy and an accurate due date that correlates perfectly with my last mentrual period.

I will be praying for all of you who are enduring that painful wait. I just wish they didn't do u/s so early. FWIW I do not have a tilted uterus, so even without that the baby measured almost 2 weeks behind until 12 weeks.
Praying for you all
Jess
Jesshoping
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Lovinmom » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:58 pm

Wow. What a story. Thank you so much for sharing. Do you know if you have a tilted uterus? If you don't have one, I do think that late ovulation and implantation certainly can contribute towards this. Be sure to update us how you and your little one are doing. We are so excited for you! Your wait certainly paid off and spared a little one from an unneccesary D&C. Take care!

Lovinmom :heart:
3 angel babies in Christ's loving arms/ one possible misdiagnosis
47 yr. mom to boy twins 5 yrs., dd 18 yr. and 9 yr. Baby Michael Josiah born 6/23/08
This post for educational purpose. For diagnosis, treatment, and advice, consult a doctor.
Lovinmom

Postby lovingOne » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:54 am

Thanks for sharing your story! God is Good!

Katrina
lovingOne
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:22 am

Jess, thank you so much for the update. How awesome. Hope you don't mind if I change the title of this thread a bit. I get so many messages from women looking for happy endings in women without tilted uteri and yours is certainly a happy ending.

Keep us updated on you and this precious little one.
Kay

Postby rileysmommy » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:52 pm

Thanks so much for sharing this. I am praying for the same outcome.
Jennifer
Mommy to Riley 7/27/04
rileysmommy
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories