painful heavy bleeding and clots, told was a misscarriage

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

painful heavy bleeding and clots, told was a misscarriage

Postby violetsmummy » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:54 am

I went in for an us at what i thought was 6 weeks, however there was only a sack, and nothing else could be seen, I was told I was only 5 weeks and had to re book for another us later on to see if the pregnancy was viable. At 6 weeks i woke up with extremly painful tummy cramps, i went to the toilet and i had alot of bright red bleeding, i had to sit on there for ages as it was so painful and i started passing clots. My hubby took me to the emergancy and they basically said it could be a misscarriage and to go home and have another us to check for sure, my doctor told me to expect the worse. I had to wait for over 4 hours at the emergancy, and i had alot of clots and bleeding while in the toilets there and they wouldnt even do an us there as they were so sure of the outcome. When i had my us a week later there she was with a good heart beat. I bled for a good month and it eventually turned brown. I had another us at 9 weeks and bub was growing really well, however as i was still bleeding the doctor once again told me to still expect the worse as i might still misscarry (i hated that doctor, she gave me no hope). I had a very happy and healthy baby girl on the 21 Nov 09 :) .
violetsmummy
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: painful heavy bleeding and clots, told was a misscarriag

Postby Kay » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:50 pm

Wonderful ending to a very scary start in your pregnancy! Thank you so much for sharing. I am so glad they did not try to push a D&C on you.

Congratulations on your baby girl :)8
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby mimi0808 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:20 pm

What a blessing!!!!
Did you lose any pregnancy symptoms(breast tenderness, nausea) while you were bleeding?
mimi0808
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Miracle Baby » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:14 am

Thank-You for sharing that awsome testimony, I am 8 weeks pregnant, at 6 weeks my baby was healthy and there was a heart beat and baby was .59cm... 2 Days ago started to bleed very lightly, went in for U/S and dr said that baby had shrunk to .40cm and could not pick up a heart beat, told me it was a miscarriage, came home had slite cramps and clotting... was devistated.. me and my very supportive husband decided not to accept what the dr told us and have been praying and praising God that when we go back in 6 days to have another U/S our baby will be alive, perfect and healthy!!!!! TRUST WITH US...
Miracle Baby
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby akladybird » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:54 pm

Did they test your hormone levels? I started spotting on 7-4-10 and then heavy bleeding w/clots & painful cramps starting 7-9-10. The sonogram showed a sac 2-3 weeks too small for my last period date. They tested my hormone levels on 7-7 & 7-9. They had only risen by 1000. I went to the ER on 7-11-10 when the pain became unbearable(I was taking no meds in case I was still pregnant) they said the levels had dropped by about 2000(from the original #) and diagnosed me with a miscarriage, they did not do a repeat sonogram yet. I've kind of accepted it now after a week of bracing myself for the worst.
akladybird
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Squishii » Tue May 07, 2013 6:48 pm

Thank you so much for sharing this, it gave me some hope for my own pregnancy!
Iv been bleeding for 6 days now, started off brown but turned pinky-red and Iv passed about 10 or so clots so far..(maybe more)
My bleeding has been fairly light, only when i wipe and not able to reach a panty liner.. and Iv had almost no cramps
at all.. The first day the bleeding started i had period like cramps, but they were mild. They couldn't see anything
on the ultra sounds (too early) they told me my cervix was closed and hard.. but it looked like the start of a miscarriage.
Today(day 6) the bleeding is slowing down and is more pink than red. I'm hoping so much that the bleeding and clotting was
being caused by something else. My appointment for my test results isn't for another 6 days so I'm hoping so hard that
my scary situation turns out to be a positive one like yours did!
Squishii
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories